Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What Is The Meaning Of Daniel 11:32?

I really never studied about the two kings north and south until today. I normally do not post websites, but I found this one that I feel explains it very well. For everyone's consideration.

I really never studied about the two kings north and south until today. I normally do not post websites, but I found this one that I feel explains it very well. For everyone's consideration.

Thank you for_his_glory, Daniel 11 – the Incredible Longest Biblical Prophecy
Now it is time to get down to business. In this chapter we are going to discuss a prophecy which is one of the most astonishing proofs of the inspiration of the Bible, besides being one of the most revealing and crucial prophecies about our time, today. It is the eleventh chapter of the book of Daniel. The focal point of this sensational prophecy is the Middle East. And as almost everybody knows, the Middle East is the world's most dangerous. seething cauldron of potential ex- plosive violence! There is more animosity, more hatred, more intense passion and conflict per square mile in the Middle East, than any other spot on the globe! It is an ages. old hatred and animosity which dates back to the jealousy between Ishmael, the ancestors of the Arab nations, the seed of the bondwoman Hagar, and the descendants of the child of promise, Isaac. After the United Nations in 1948 approved a homeland for the Jews in Palestine occupying the former British mandate, the Arabs and Palestinians would have nothing to do with it. Sup- ported by the Communists, they launched an all out attack to drive the Jewish settlers and colonists back into the sea. Vicious fighting raged, but their plot failed. The heroic and hard pressed Jews fought like zealots to defend their newly won homeland, and in so doing extended their borders northward and consolidated their hold on the territory granted to them. Since that time Israel has been a terror to the land of Egypt. Israel crushed Nasser's invading army in 1956, smashed the Egyptian forces in 1967, and in the Yom Kippur War in 1973 annihilated a whole Egyptian division and was on the verse of capturing Cairo before a truce was called. The Bible prophesied that in the last days that it would be thus: " And the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, everyone that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the Lord of hosts, which he hath determined against it" (Isaiah 19:17).

117 Middle East in Prophecy But where exactly do we go from here? What is going to happen next in the volatile Middle East? To understand, we must come to grips with the background and history of the Middle East, the world's most perilous trouble spot! The administration of President Jimmy Carter seemed to be adrift in foreign policy, if indeed it can even be said to have had a "foreign policy." The policy of Carter to weaken the U.S. commitment and support of the Shah of Iran led directly to the Iranian revolution. Carter's bumbling in Iran led to the massacre of top leaders in that country, and caused a wave of anti-Americanism to erupt. Indirectly, his policies contributed to the capture of the American embassy by Iranian militants and 50 Americans being taken hostage. It seems strange that president who has failed in his foreign policies, who failed in Iran, who gave away the Panama Canal, who allowed Soviet Russian troops to remain in Cuba-it seems strange indeed that such a man would take it upon himself to single-handedly try to bring peace to the Middle East by initiating the Camp David talks, and bringing Begin of Israel and Sadat of Egypt to the conference table. What came of Carter's peace initiative in the Middle East? Did it work? Unfortunately, there was not the slightest chance for real success. Although tensions between Israel and Egypt may be relieved, and a peace framework between those two nations resulted in a few years of relative normalcy, the rest of the Arab world is seething with hatred. The hatred of the Syrians is well known. The Saudis will be satisfied with nothing less than the restoration of Jerusalem to the Arabs. What did Carter's peace initiative in the Middle East accomplish? The Bible, strangely enough, gives us an answer. God says: ' , Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it" (Zechariah 12:2-3).

Although specifically this prophecy refers to the coming Day of the Lord when the nations gather to fight against Christ, nevertheless there is an important historic truth here. All the nations that have ever concerned themselves with Jerusalem; all the nations that have "burdened themselves" with the task of Jerusalem; have stumbled and fallen. Jerusalem is a burden-some stone which no nation can long carry! Its salvation, its final peace, can come only from the intervention of God. No nation is strong enough, or wise enough, to bring peace in the Middle East. The burdensome stone of Jerusalem will fall and crush any nation which tries to "force" peace in the Middle East! The seething resentments, hostilities, and latent animosities that leaven the region are too much. 118 What, then, is going to happen in the Middle East? Daniel 11 Unveiled To understand, let's go back in time, to Daniel 11, and study this astounding prophecy which leads up to our time, today. We begin in Daniel 10:10; "And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees, and upon the palms of my hands. And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. "Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. "Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people IN THE LA TTER DAYS: for yet the vision is for many days" (Daniel 10:10-14).

This prophecy, then, is for OUR TIME! The angel added: “Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? And now I will return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come. But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince" (vs. 20-21). Picking up the story, then, in Daniel 11:1, Gabriel continued: "Also I in the first year of Darius the Mede, even I, stood to confirm and to strengthen him. And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia. And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will" (vs. 1-3). Actually, there were 12 more kings in the Persian Empire, but only the first four following Cyrus were of importance for the purpose of this prophecy. They were Cambyses, pseudo-Smerdis, Darius, and Xerxes. Xerxes was the last king, the mightiest of all and the richest of all, who stirred up war with Greece. Herodotus recounts the Greco-Persian wars in his history. King Philip of Macedonia planned a war to conquer all Persia, but died before he could carry out his plans. His son, the youthful Alexander, took over his plans and vowed to carry them out. Alexander the Great met the Persian army at the battle of Issus, B.C. 333 (see also Daniel 8:2, 5-6), and crushed the vast Persian hordes, sending them flying. The tough Greeks fought in phalanxes, with precision and skill. The Persians had never encountered such an enemy or strategy.

They fled. Alexander then swept down into Egypt and the Nile, where he defeated the Egyptians, and then marched back into Persia for a final encounter with the Persian 119 hordes. This time, at the battle of Arbella, B.C. 331, he crushed the Persian Empire completely, and marched all the way to India, sweeping everything before him. Now notice verse 4 of the prophecy: "And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those." How precisely, unerringly true, this prophecy was to be! Rawlinson, in A Manual of Ancient History, wrote: "Cut off unexpectedly in the vigor of early manhood the 33rd year of his age, June, 323 B.C., he [Alexander] left no inheritor, either of his power or of his projects" (p. 237). The Grecian Empire was left leaderless, in a state of chaos and confusion. By the year 301 B.C. out of this Chaos emerged FOUR DIVISIONS, or kingdoms, just as was prophesied. After Alexander's death, the empire was divided up into four parts by Alexander's generals. They were: 1. Ptolemy (Soter), ruling Egypt, part of Syria, and Palestine. 2. Seleucus (Nicator), ruling Syria, Babylonia, and territory east to India. 3. Lysimachus, ruling Asia Minor. 4. Cassander, ruling Greece and Macedonia. From this point, the prophecy concentrates on what was to occur to two of these kingdoms-Egypt, called the "King of the South, , , and the Syrian kingdom, the Seleucidae, called the "Kingdom of the North." As viewed from Jerusalem, of course, the Syrian kingdom was northward, and Egypt was to the South. It is because the Holy Land passed back and forth between these two powers that the prophecy deals with them.

Love, Walter

To better understand the hate fueling modern day Islamic Arab nations one must first look back to its roots beginning with Ham in whom Noah cursed, then Ham's son Cush who was the father of Nimrod who had the tower of Babel built then became the first king of Babylon. From Ishmael the son of Abraham and Hagar being a descendent of Ham, whose birthright was denied, to Esau and Jacob - rivaling twins, the seed of hate was sewn. What evolved thereafter was a bitter, jealousy that has been passed down to every Arab generation since. By the 7th century, this ancient hatred made its way into the heart and mind of a common-criminal named Mohammed - an Arab and descendant of Ishmael, who founded a religion and used it to justify his countless, criminal acts of rape and murder.

Both the western media and the Arab press routinely offer biased, politicized answers to what they believe drives this Islamic hatred for the west. From 'US support for Israel' to 'US secularism,' we've heard them all, and despite attempts to justify their inhumane acts, the truth is, Muslims have been committing terrorist acts for some 1,300 years - long before 'western culturalism' or 'US support for Israel' ever existed. And despite such history, we continue to ignorantly look elsewhere for the reasons.

Daniel chapter 11:21. The vile one is satan as antichrist near future.
11:32. RASHA in Hebrew means = wickedly , corrupt.
HAZAK in Hebrew means = prove themselves strong. In other words. For resisting all temptation to apostatize.
11:33. MASKILIM in Hebrew means = Wise , understand.
Were talking about religion and politics. Antichrist comes at Jacob's trouble. The tribulation. In essence. The hirelings, false brethren, are servants of satan, and poisoned their minds with traditions of men and false doctrine. Those listening to misguided preachers are being set up for satan as antichrist near future.
Second thessalonians chapter 2:3. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.
There's no guesswork here !!. This is satan as antichrist near future. Those who are wise, who studied sound doctrine. Will not be fooled by antichrist near future. Deception and lies are satan main tools. He will look like Jesus and act like Jesus.
It takes Faith and knowledge of Gods word to get past antichrist. Some people lack Faith. Other people don't care about God and listen to windbag preachers.
What's really sad. Majority will run after antichrist near future. People go crazy over rock stars. When satan as antichrist comes 6th trump, majority will go bananas over antichrist. Many people will end up in hell. It's sad story.

Back