Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What must I do to be saved?

Do you believe a person must hear and believe the Gospel to be saved?

• No. Christians are saved before they hear about Jesus Christ.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
@JLB

Do you read Thology or Doctrine?

Or just the bible and that is it?

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
John 3:36

Do you believe what the Bible teaches beside what Jesus and the Apostles taught?

I believe The Spirit of Christ is the Author of the scriptures, that He inspired Moses and the prophets to write the Old Testament scriptures, just as He inspiried the writers of the New Testament scriptures.

I believe His Spirit, His anointing dwells in each of us to teach us the truth of His Kingdom.

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27

JLB

JLB

Faith comes from God when they hear His word.

And the ability to hear comes from regeneration of the Spirit. Jesus tells us who can hear the word of God Jn 8:43,47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

JLB

And the ability to hear comes from regeneration of the Spirit. Jesus tells us who can hear the word of God Jn 8:43,47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Being able to understand His teachings is for those who are regenerated or born again.

That is the context of what Jesus is teaching in John 8.

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32

We as believers must remain, or continue in His teaching to know the truth.

JLB

JLB

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32

True, His word is TULIP Truths, do you abide in those words of Grace ?

Back