Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What, No Bodies In Heaven?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
E

Elijah674

What will the saved be like in heaven?? 2 Tim. 3:16 & Matt. 4:4 gives the picture in some detail.

Some seem to think that they are to be spirits floating around on a cloud strumming a harp???
And that there will be NO FLESH OR BLOOD IN HEAVEN?? Or is it to be, no sinful (decayed) flesh & blood in heaven? Like Adam & Eve before sin & then after sin?

When Christ comes, some truly will [not be like Him!] For they will die the second death. They will come out of the grave just as decayed as they went into it!

But the others will be like Him!

Thomas decided that Christ was real!! (finally, huh?) See John 20:26-29. And it says that Christ ate fish & bread after being resurrected. John 21:13-14.

And John 24:37.. 'And they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And He said unto them, Why are yea troubled and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; [for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as yea see that I have.]'

And these ones that are 'seen' in Matt. 27:52-53? Notice the Word say's [Bodies!]
'And the graves were opened; and
many [bodies] of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves [after the resurrection], and went *into holy city, and [APPEARED unto many].'

1 John 3:2 'Beloved, now are we the son's of God, and it doeth not yet appear what we will shall be: but we know that,
[when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is].'

Both of whom we call the Father & the Son, [had an image,] at Adams creation. And the Word of God 'also' states that God is a Spirit! that this [He,] is referred to as the Holy Ghost & the Holy Spirit. John 15 & 16.

Notice Isaiah 66: 22-23 In the New Earth! We shall be Sabbath Keepers! And in verse 15-17 we see some who will not be there! No, and no spirits in hell either! See Obad. 16 for these d-e-a-d ones!

Yet, notice chapter 65:21-25 ibid! and read verse 21-23 in particular!
Build Houses and inhabit them! And plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them! And notice this!! 'Mine elect [shall long enjoy the *WORK of their hands].'

Whatever? Float around if that is your thing.:thumbsup Yet, that is not the Everlasting Gospel!! Rev. 14:6 :study

But yes, one can be sure that
we will have a body made like Adam & Eve had at the beginning, before sin! If we come forth in the First Resurrection! Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15.

---Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back