Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What other messenger options?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am looking for a different online desktop computer Website that provides Text typing instant messenger. Before anyone has an answer I want to name those “I DON'T want. Looking for another one not as popular as the 3.

Here are the messengers I don’t want and why.

1.Yahoo because every time I tried to install this it slows our computer down making pages and other things to make the computer run one third slower. Once I uninstall Yahoo the computer will be up zipping again. So Yahoo is No.

2. No to Google messenger. Whenever I am messaging or write a letter it will take out words and do a key word search. I don’t like that. It looks like when this happens I am being spied on. Messengers are supposed to have a more private environment feeling between 2 friends making contact. So no to Google.

3.I used to really like MSN messenger. I want that as my option. Only trouble is they appear to be gone. MSN turned into Skype. At least that is what it said on my searches. I am not into using Web cams or video chat. I enjoy text chat. So No to MSN unless anyone can figure out how I can get my MSN messenger text program to work.

Now where does this leave me? AOL only? That my last option for text messenger. But there has to be other options. Can anyone please help me to find an online text typing online messenger outside of these 4 mainstream Conglomerates. Yahoo, Google, MSN and AOL.

So now who else can you recommend I can get online text chat messengers to type to friends send pictures and stuff. I’m not one of those camera people where I feel comfortable especially talking to some I don’t know that well.

These web cameras reminds me that Child molesters, sex offenders, and online prostitute thrive on these web cameras. It reminds me people are invading ones privacy looking into your home. That’s why I enjoy text typing not only for privacy issues but keep improving on typing, spelling, reading so on which web cam can be used by even those who can't read or write..

Can anyone tell me where to sign up for instant messenger text that I can chat with friends? Anything but those 4 companies I mentioned above. Thanks for all and any suggestions.

The NSA can hack almost anywhere, so security isn't a deal breaker for me.

The days of IM's are over. It's all part of larger social networking now.

I like Facebook chat.

You might want to check out Viber.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back