Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Should I Do If My 5-Year-Old Wets His Pants When Angry?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Focus on the Family

Focus on the Family
RSS Feed
It’s difficult to understand and explain the reasons behind your child’s behavior. Every kid is different. When it comes to behavior based on anger, it’s worth looking more closely at the details in your home life and your child’s friendships.

The moments right after your daughter wets her pants will give you a good idea of what’s going on her mind. It’s important to get your child to voice his or her feelings. Asking questions once his emotions have shifted will give you better insight into what’s going on.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• Avoid placing any guilt or shame on your child. Instead, help him or her gain a better understanding of some inward struggles. Then, find more appropriate ways of dealing with these issues.
  • Consider different ways to help your child express his or her thoughts such drawing, art or writing.
  • Find out if there’s something going on in school or with friendships. This could provide insight into your child’s thoughts and behavior.

Anger in children is common. However, there could be several reasons why your son or daughter’s anger consistently results in wetting his or her pants. For more information and help on this topic, explore our resources here. If you need any help with a professional counselor, you can reach us here.

The post What Should I Do If My 5-Year-Old Wets His Pants When Angry? appeared first on Focus on the Family.

Continue reading...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back