Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Should We Do If our Preschooler Walked in on Me and My Spouse Having Sex?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Focus on the Family

Focus on the Family
RSS Feed
Don’t worry. It’s normal to panic in this situation. At the same time, you don’t need to be consumed with worry because this happened.

Remember that sex and similar intimate moments are important parts of your marriage. Depending on your child’s age, you can start to use this sort of moment to begin healthy conversations about sex, sexuality, and God’s design for both.

If you decide to have a conversation with your child, here are a few things to think about because of this situation.

• Emphasize that sex is not something he or she needs to be afraid of or feel guilty about.
  • Instead, it’s a wonderful gift that God gave to us to enjoy and protect in between a mom and a dad.
  • Remember that conversations about sex and sexuality should not be one and done. This could be the beginning of a lifelong learning process for your child.

Starting conversations about sex can be intimidating with younger children. Take it slow. If you need more guidance on this topic, explore our sex education resources such as The Talk or age-specific resources here. If you need to talk with a professional counselor, you can reach us here.

The post What Should We Do If our Preschooler Walked in on Me and My Spouse Having Sex? appeared first on Focus on the Family.

Continue reading...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back