Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What was and is God's plan for man?

D

Darrell dunn

In the beginning we were not supposed to die.

If sin and death had not come into the world, how many people would be here today?

God dose not change so the plan will take place, although we have been on a 6,000 year detour.

Darrell dunn said:
In the beginning we were not supposed to die.

If sin and death had not come into the world, how many people would be here today?

God dose not change so the plan will take place, although we have been on a 6,000 year detour.

What has happened is God's plan. He is not the cause of our death except that he set nature up so that if we sinned we would die. But he allowed this as part of his plan for a very good reason. It is capture in Luke 7 quite well.

[36] One of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee's house, and took his place at table.
[37] And behold, a woman of the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that he was at table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment,
[38] and standing behind him at his feet, weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
[39] Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw it, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would have known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner."
[40] And Jesus answering said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you." And he answered, "What is it, Teacher?"
[41] "A certain creditor had two debtors; one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.
[42] When they could not pay, he forgave them both. Now which of them will love him more?"
[43] Simon answered, "The one, I suppose, to whom he forgave more." And he said to him, "You have judged rightly."
[44] Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
[45] You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet.
[46] You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment.
[47] Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little."
[48] And he said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."

Adam and Eve were given everything in the garden. They loved God, yet their love was not deep. God in his infinite wisdom had a plan by which man would come to love him in a far deeper way. The cost of course was that some souls would be lost. What is God's plan for man? It is what it is.
We have not changed it by our sins. We are making it a reality. He loves us far deeper than we will ever love him but he has devised a way to bring us to a greater love than we would in our natural state be capable of.

blessings

Adam and Eve were given everything in the garden. They loved God, yet their love was not deep. God in his infinite wisdom had a plan by which man would come to love him in a far deeper way. The cost of course was that some souls would be lost. What is God's plan for man? It is what it is.
We have not changed it by our sins. We are making it a reality. He loves us far deeper than we will ever love him but he has devised a way to bring us to a greater love than we would in our natural state be capable of.

blessings[/quote]

All that you said has to do with the world as it is today.

But that was not Gods plan.

What is the plan after the 7,000 years?

God has not changed, and his plan was detoured for 7,000 yrs, but what will be the out come of God's plan?

What is God's plan for man? It is what it is.

To see who they will follow.

In the 1st earth age Satan caused 1/3 of God's children away from him Rev 12:4. So rather then distroy all those Children, God distroyed that age(aion 165).

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
2 Peter 3:6 1 age perished, not the earth, but the age or dispinsation.

Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Great shaking, the old earth is 90 degree off the compass of true North.

Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Gone

Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Eze 28 Satan, the king of Tyrus was Satan in the 1st earth age. You can read of his fall, his sin.

Gen 1:2 And the earth WAS without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
was H1961= became
without form H8414 tohu va bohu, not created toho, Isa 45:18
God distroyed that 1st age. He didn't create it void and without form. It was because of Satan, that He distroyed that age.

Then God created this 2nd Age (2 Peter 3:7, Gen 1:3-31) So all could could be born inocent of woman(born from above), with no knowledge of the 1 age. To pass threw this 2nd age to make up their minds up who they will follow, God or Satan.

Gen 3 Satan sired a child Cain. (2 Cor 11:3 )don't be beguiled as Eve was by Satan. (St John 8:44 ) Jesus even warned about the kenites(sons of Cain) tares. (Matt 13:37-42.) Parable of the sower, bad seed, part of the Mystery Matt 13:11. Matt 13:11-15, the same as Rom 11:7-10 Spirit of slumber, because it is not meant for all people to know. Only the elect understand the full truth. They have eyes to see, and ears to hear spiritually. Cain Gen 4:17, and Seth 4:25 have separate geneologys cause they are not of the same seed line.
Gen 6 Satan failed to distroy the Woman in the garden, so he sent his fallin angels to cross with the daughters of Adam. The try to distroy the seedline in which Christ would be born. So Giants were born of woman, with full knowledge of the 1st age. Thus the reason of Noah's Flood. Gen 6:17.

Jesus gave us seven signs of His return, Matt 24, Mark 13. luke 21 which are the seven seals of Rev 6. Is why His said learn the parable of the Fig Tree (Jer 24). So we could tell when the end would be.

Satan and his fallen angels are in heaven now but when Michael kicks him out ( Rev 12:7-9) he will return to earth playing Jesus (Rev 13:11) to lead his one world polictical system. Rev 13:1-8.

You have a choice of who you will follow in this Age of Grace.
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
try G3985,3986=to try, make trial of, test, tempt, 29, try, prove, assay

Its the same old earth, same heaven, just different ages or different despinsations of time. This earth and heavens don't change but the Ages (aions G 165) time does.

God's plan for man

Irishrain, you pull verses from the bible and come up with the strangest ideas. I believe there was an eon before Adam and Eve, but no where in the Bible does it say Satan had anything to do with it's disruption.

And interpreting Rev. 12:4 as describing something in the 'first age'. You've got to be kidding.

Those verses in Jeremiah are in a section called 'Prophecies Addressed to Jews.' that Jeremiah wrote predicting the terrible ways the Lord is going to punish Judah because of their sinfulness and idolatry. He used the same words 'without form and void' as in Gen.1:2, but IMO he is describing the land which will be desolated.

Lets look at 2 Pet 3:5-7, AV, "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men."

Let's look at the context: (1) There were heavens and an earth of old; the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished. (2)The heavens and the earth which are now are reserved unto fire agaainst the day of judgement and perdition of men.

OK. As you know, there are different interpretations of these verses: One is, that, the heavens and earth of old and the then world was destroyed by Noah's flood. I don't hold to this. And, two. that, just as described, the world that then was (world=kosmos= orderly arrangement, system) perished by being overflowed with water; it was 'cast down', disrupted'. And IMO, was part of the first eon or age. I also believe the next age was from this disruption to Noah's flood. And we are living, at present, in the next age which Paul calls 'This present evil age'.

Must go now. More later, Bick

I've said it before and I'll say it again, here is God's ultimate plan for creation. But who believes God?

1 Timothy 4:10 (King James Version) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Colossians 1:16-20 (King James Version) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Also read 1 Corinthians 15

Re: God's plan for man

quote="Bick"]Irishrain, you pull verses from the bible and come up with the strangest ideas. I believe there was an eon before Adam and Eve, but no where in the Bible does it say Satan had anything to do with it's disruption.

Hi Bick
Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the King of Tyrus, and say unto him, 'Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

The "king of Tyrus" was his position before his fall, in the first earth age. God must have loved Satan at the time of Satan's creation, to give him such perfect beauty, and full of wisdom. Prior to the fall, Satan was in good standing with our heavenly Father.

God gave Satan the highest position of any creative being; that of protection the mercy seat himself. Once Satan's pride took control of him, he departed from God's plan for him.

Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the Garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the Sardis, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

He was serpent in the Garden of Eden; and the tree of good and evil. Those were two of the names given to Satan, and they are also recorded in Rev 12:9.

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

When was this? It was in the first age. For a cherub has never lived in the body of a man. Back in the thirteenth verse there are ten precious stones mentioned , and each of these stones are on the breastplate of the of the high priest. Before Satan's fall, he sat in an extremely high position, of responsibility.

Satan was anointed by God to fill that high position. It was not an accident of God that Satan sat in that position, for Satan was created and anointed for that position; and he failed.

The position of the "cherub" is to protect the mercy seat of God. "Coverth" means to guard, in the Hebrew text. God is saying that "I set you there on mine own altar, and you walked before me." It is because of Satan's vanity that he turned against God, and this caused Satan's sentence of death. It was because of this sentence that God also allowed for His own Son to die, to pay the price of all sin, so those who fall from God's grace, can return to His.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Satan was perfect in every way, until he stopped loving God. Satan's focus then turned from serving God, to serving himself. Doing things his way. God created all souls, and gave them freewill.

Ezekiel 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
sinned, Hebrew word chata 2398, aprimitive root, properly to miss, to sin, by inference to forfeit, lack, expiate, repent, (causative) lead astray, condemn etc.
This is the over-throw from the world that was, the first earth age. God told Satan that he was to be removed from the altar of God. He lead 1/3 of Gods children astay in the 1 age Rev 12:4

Ezekiel 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of the brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Satan's heart and was lifted up in self pride.

Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Satan rejected God, and this is his death sentence. He sinned over and over, and his pride kept growing; because of this God said that He is going to set a fire within in the midst of him, to turn him to ashes. Satan will be the first to walk into the lake of fire on that final day, at the close of the Millennium.
Rev 19:20

Back