Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What was the Greatest moment of the life of JESUS CHRIST???

What was the Greatest moment of Christ's life in Jesus?

• 1. The Virgin Birth.....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. His intellectual "beat down" of cocky religious zealots....

• 4. The transfiguration.........

• 5. Other miracles (walking on water, feeding the 5000, etc)

• 6. Gethsemane, the doubt and tears of blood.... the existential feelings of man made manifest in the

• 7. His Crucifixtion.....

• 8. His Resurrection.....

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Soma-Sight

What was the Greatest moment in the life of Jesus Christ?

To me it is the Garden of Gethsemane....

I had a vision of this moment once that is in another thread....

To ME it is the part of His life I can MOST relate to...

The pain of the existential human plight and doubt that has plagued us ALL in some form or in some manner in life.....

This verse proves to me that Christ was man that became God and was not just "going through the motions" here on earth....

He was tempted, He did feel the weight of ignorance and sin, He did have second thoughts, He did doubt, He DID overcome!

This was the "crux" of His ministry, after this moment it was all a piece of cake..... He took all the punishment without a whimper or the slightest hesitations..... This was the REAL challenge of Christ..... intellectually and heartfully accepting His plight and than following through on it.....

Amazing stuff....

Soma-Sight said:

I had a vision of this moment once that is in another thread....

To ME it is the part of His life I can MOST relate to...

The pain of the existential human plight and doubt that has plagued us ALL in some form or in some manner in life.....

This verse proves to me that Christ was man that became God and was not just "going through the motions" here on earth....

He was tempted, He did feel the weight of ignorance and sin, He did have second thoughts, He did doubt, He DID overcome!

This was the "crux" of His ministry, after this moment it was all a piece of cake..... He took all the punishment without a whimper or the slightest hesitations..... This was the REAL challenge of Christ..... intellectually and heartfully accepting His plight and than following through on it.....

Amazing stuff....
Great post, fantastic poll question.
My answer is an 'other' response:

For me, the greatest moment of the Incarnation was when Jesus, having faced down temptation in the wilderness, steps into the water of baptism and baptizes the earth with His holy body. At that moment, the waters fled before Him, heaven opened, the Spirit descended in the form of a dove, and the Voice came from heaven "THIS is my Beloved Son- listen to Him."

The universe began its restoration in that moment, as Genesis 1 was recapitulated (the spirit of God hovering over water/the voice speaking forth Light)

In the birth of Christ we all hope, In His baptism we are all renewed, In His crucifixion we are healed, in His resurrection we are raised.
Glory to God in the highest.

by the grace of God
Rdr. Iakovos
theophany.jpg

OC,

WOW!

Good post!

I guess i may have gotten that confused with the trasfiguration.....

At any rate that is some CRAZY artwork their and a very Mystical way to view the Healing and Redemptive acts of Christ.....

WOW!

I will try to get an "Other" option added by the mods....

Note to moderators.....

If it is at all posibble to add an "Other" option to the poll I would appreciate it....

I am not sure if it can be done or not.....????

Thanks

You speak as if Christ is separate from Jesus. There is only one Christ and that Christ is Jesus. I can not answer your poll as it is stated since the wording is in error. The new age christ-consiousness is a lie and deception as they teach christ.

I can not answer your poll as it is stated since the wording is in error.

Sorry bout that.....

Next time I will use spellcheck

Soma-Sight said:
I can not answer your poll as it is stated since the wording is in error.

Sorry bout that.....

Next time I will use spellcheck
Oh, it was not a spelling error which would be caught by spellcheck, it was the insinuation that Christ is someone separate from Jesus alone, but could also be someone else. The question that you posed is, "What was the Greatest moment of Christ's life in Jesus?".

Jesus is the only Christ. The Christ consciousness elevated to doctrine by the new age crowd, is an error. This error is probably rooted in the gnostic tradition of spiritualism.

The greatest moment in Jesus Christ life was most definitely His resurrection because if He had not risen from the dead His death would have been in vain and there would be no salvation or hope of eternal life.

von said:
The greatest moment in Jesus Christ life was most definitely His resurrection because if He had not risen from the dead His death would have been in vain and there would be no salvation or hope of eternal life.
Amen!

I think it was when the Word became flesh. The moment He left Glory, and condescended to become a child, and dwell among men in a fallen world. Praise God...praise Him. I guess this is just the beginning of all that I am most thankful for, not necessarily His greatest moment, but certainly one that led up to mine.

The Lord bless you.

Soma-Sight said:

quote]

Where do you get that he had second thoughts!? I think not.

I think the most amazing thing is when Jesus went to the cross to take away the sin of the world.

I stand in awe.

The greatest moment in Jesus Christ life was most definitely His resurrection

AMEN again.

1Cr 15:55 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The greatest moment of Jesus Christ as it pertains to mankind is everything from his creation of the heavens and the earth to the redemption of mankind including the removal of all unrighteousness in the new heavens and the new earth which is to come.

I gotta go with the ressurection. With out this, we'd all still be condemned. This single moment not only proved that God is the ultimate power, but it also proved that Christ's love for us was boundless. How can you describe how great a victory we have in the Resurrection of Christ? 8-) Hallelujah!

Soma-Sight said:

I understand why you say so. That, however, is what you experience and it explains much about the extent of your compassion and your ability to empathise. For Christ Himself, however, it is no doubt the resurrection.

I had a vision of this....

But here is the scripture....

"My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me.

"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them.

35Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. 36"Abba,[e] Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

Luke 22:44 (New International Version)

44And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.[a]

If Jesus had no doubts why would He sweat blood......

That is the question.......

He had DOUBTS just like every other man.....

He overcame and became God as according to His vision....

This is the greatest moment to me.

Soma-Sight said:

I had a vision of this....

But here is the scripture....

"My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me.

"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them.

35Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. 36"Abba,[e] Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

Luke 22:44 (New International Version)

44And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.[a]

If Jesus had no doubts why would He sweat blood......

That is the question.......

He had DOUBTS just like every other man.....

He overcame and became God as according to His vision....

This is the greatest moment to me.

I still don't see how you say he had doubt. He didn't have doubt, he just knew what was to come.

So are you saying that when one sweats blood that is a sign of doubt?! Is that in your science book? :-D

Soma-sight,

How authoritative do you consider ACIM to be and did you read what ACIM says as to this subject?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back