Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What would happen ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Douglas Summers recently said something I've been hearing lately . Something I've heard before , but hearing it more so lately , and that's , where is the unity of Gods people ? That's an excellent question , especially today . With times as they are and the persecution Christs people are facing today , you would think that we could set aside our differences for Christ . The problem , as I see it , is we are all caught up in denominational differences and opinions , ours and others , and have closed our minds to the truth of the situation . The truth is NOBODY knows it all . Some of the Bible is meant to be a mystery . This is where faith comes in . Understanding that you don't understand , but knowing that whatever God did or meant , God is in control and it is perfect . The Testimony of Jesus Christ , the Kingdom of God , what Christ taught Himself , are clearly understood . These things are repeated in the Gospels and by the Apostles so there is no question . But things like the rapture , age of the earth , the big bang , whether or not evolution is part of creation or not , cannot be absolutely determined . You can make an educated guess , but that's it . It's meant to be that way so no one can hold "their" knowledge over the heads of everyone else becoming puffed up and arrogant . The basic thing that all Christian denominations have in common is the Testimony of Jesus Christ , the Narrow Path . Paul addressed this issue very well in 1 Cor . 1 - 4 , telling us to rely on the things we KNOW , the things written , and not on our or others interpretations . Our interpretations result in different denominations , and breeds contempt for those with a different interpretation . The end result , separation not unification . Paul said in 1 Cor . 2 : 2 , " For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified . " 1 Cor . 1 : 4 - 5 , " And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom , but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power , that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God . " And then 1 Cor . 4 : 6 , " ... that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written , that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other ." Also 1 Cor . 4 : 14 -21 . What do you think would happen if Gods people put aside their opinions and differences and came together as Paul said knowing only Jesus Christ and Him crucified and declared it to the world in one overwhelming voice in one 24 hour period ? Scripture shows us the pattern already . God gives us the plan and the outcome . How many times in the Old Testament does it show us how Israel took on the ways of the world , God hid His face , Israel suffered , finally came to their senses and as a nation , as one , called 0ut to God and God made them shine ? It didn't work if just one or two did it , it took the whole body in unison . With God one can defeat 1000 , two can defeat 10,000 , a million , the world . I think the world is ripe for this to happen . I think God tarries just waiting for this to happen . For His people to finally wake up and come together . To separate ourselves from the world by declaring the Testimony of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God in a resounding and overwhelming single voice . The Body of Christ rising from its slumber and rocking the world . I believe the whole host of heaven would join in and the whole world would hear it . How could God contain Himself if we did this ? I don't think He could , He would have to show His glory ! Perhaps this is what is written in Matthew 24 : 14 , " And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations , and then the end will come ." This has never been done before ( it was tried but got no response ) and wasn't possible until now with todays technology . I believe in my heart its time . It's time for a grassroots effort by the people of God to shout out . Does anyone out there agree with me ? Can we pull together and get something done for the glory of God ? Does God tarry waiting for us ? Do we hear the knock at the door and will we answer it ? I'm serious about this . I'm not just saying this here just to say it .This needs to be done NOW ! Let us be the beginning of a worldwide movement tor Christ that the whole world will not be able to stop or stifle . They talk about a worldwide revival in the end times . Could this spark it ? I totally believe we are in the end times . I can't read the Bible and not see it . I think God is ready , He's just waiting for us to come to our senses . Even if you aren't convinced , do you have the hope , the desire , the love for Christ to just try ? You don't catch Fish if you don't go fishing !

Matthew 22:37-40

I think this scripture would apply well to your post as far as uniting Christians and not fighting so much over doctrine. I'm not sure if it matters if we are in "The End Times" or not. Our time, whether we are 80 years old or 10 years old is not that much. IMHO

All of these matters "in the churches" are entirely predictable.

Isaiah 8:9
Associate yourselves, O ye people, and ye shall be broken in pieces; and give ear, all ye of far countries: gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces; gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces.

Isaiah 27:11
When the boughs thereof are withered, they shall be broken off: the women come, and set them on fire: for it is a people of no understanding: therefore he that made them will not have mercy on them, and he that formed them will shew them no favour.

The promise of God is that the 'adversaries' of God shall remain broken and divided:

1 Samuel 2:10
The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces
; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the Lord shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.

It is no different than what Jesus said, and does I might add:
Matthew 21:44
And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Luke 20:18

Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

So, yeah. Broken is actually a quite secure promise of the Gospel.

If we understand that we 'all' bear contrariness to the Spirit in the flesh, then the divisions are actually a SIGN from God, of His Presence and Activity, today, on earth.

Galatians 5:
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

The fact of this contrariness can not be removed or remedied for any living believer.

Therefore, the churches are guaranteed to be divided and can not coalesce, because of this built in "contrariness." It will simply never happen. Few will concede or even can concede to this matter. It can't happen, because of the contrariness. All sects and even all believers have a very hard time accepting that this is "our" current state of affairs. All seek to justify their entirety, when that is basically impossible from the aspect of view of The Spirit. The Spirit IS agaist the flesh and remains so, for all.

God respects no person, because of this contrariness in/of the flesh. He is no respector of persons or personages.

When anyone reads Jesus' statements above in the Gospels, they always, to the last believing person, take the first statement, that they shall be broken as the end of that story, but it isn't. The second statement applies to believers as well:

"it will grind him to powder."

Abraham, as an example, accounted himself that way, here:

Genesis 18:27
And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:

Job, the same identical sight:

Job 42:6
Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

The pride in the flesh is a reality. Hence my citing, below.

Every sect for the most part thinks they have it "all" right and correct. It's only when we realize our own inherent "wrongness" do we learn better.

Good point jeff77 , love is the key . If we could all apply that teaching the way Christ meant , the denominations would be more brotherly , and certainly come together for Christ . Hey smaller , I completely agree with what you said . The churches , at least the leaders for the most part , will never come together . They are all stuck in their ways . But the one thing we all have in common is the testimony of Jesus Christ . This is what defines Christianity . We can have differences in doctrine but we're still all brothers and sisters if our testimony of Christ is the same . This single point is where we have to focus . I may not agree with some Catholic , or Baptist , or whoevers doctrine , but we,re still brothers in Christ . Jesus Christ is the narrow path that should bring us together . While the churches as a whole will never come together , there are some disciples that understand what you and I are saying . I never thought that this message would be received by all , but there are some . If these few can team up and cry out to God it could be an awesome event . This is the purpose of this message , the coming together of these few , like you and I , and declaring TO THE WORLD in a SINGLE VOICE on ONE DAY the testimony of Jesus Christ . It's not trying to reconcile all believers . It is the few whose hope and desire is to see God act . A global effort to call out to God .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back