Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What would you ask?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Here's the situation:

If you were brought before God, and you could ask him one thing, knowing that he was listening, what would you ask?

I'd never thought about this before, so it kinda shocked me for a second. I think I know what I'd ask, though.

I'd want to know why He loves me. God, really, has no use for humans. He doesn't need us for anything. None of are perfect; none of us totally obey Him. (Well, of course, with the exception of Jesus, but Jesus is God in human form, so the question could be directed to Him to.) God could totally destroy everything - humans, earth, animals, ect. - and start completely over with a race that is totally devoted to Him. He doesn't choose to do that, though. He loves us, and what's more, He forgives us of our sinful ways. So, yeah, I'd ask Him, "Lord, why do You love me?"

I assume you are talking about the Christian version of God.

I would probably ask Him if the Old Testament accurately reported what He did and if so, why would He do so many horrible things.

Either that or ask Him what His first thought was.

Quath

I have questions about the patterns and cycles in this life and their use and bearing in the life to come. These questions are complex and based on my own evaluations and assumptions up to this point in my life. However, I am unworthy to ask such questions for 2 reasons. One, I am only the creation and am willing to wait till He decides to show me. Secondly, as being only a man I am seeing things from a limited perspective and would rather not ask my questions based on reasoning from insufficient data.

Wisdom, as Solomon did. Though i'd wonder if I were sinfully expecting the same results. :crying:

We can ask for wisdom any time, and He will give it to us.

James 1:5-8 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

If you are saved and have not prayed for wisdom, don't put it off any longer. Our Lord wants you to ask for it. 8-)

I have alot to asked but today I'll ask Him why when most people call themselves Christians they don't live like Christ or even try to follow His commandments?

I don't think I'd ask anything - I'd just bask in his goodness and be contented to be in his presence. And anyway, I don't think I'd even need to ask...he'd know any questions I'd have and he would have answered them all already - before I even think to ask.

Merry Menagerie said:
I don't think I'd ask anything - I'd just bask in his goodness and be contented to be in his presence. And anyway, I don't think I'd even need to ask...he'd know any questions I'd have and he would have answered them all already - before I even think to ask.
I lke that :biggrin

Timothy said:
Here's the situation:

If you were brought before God, and you could ask him one thing, knowing that he was listening, what would you ask?

I have always wanted to know how old God is. It's kinda silly, but it's something I want to ask him!

I'd ask why he created us. There's more to it than "for his pleasure...."

Think about it.

In this season of my life, I am keenly aware of being in His presence always. My first request is always that His will be accomplished in all things, and specifcially in the lives of myself, and my children. I trust that His plan is far above mine, and the knowledge, and gifts, that He gives me are exactly what He wants for me. All the circumstances in my life are going to glorify Him, and work for my good...what a blessing.

The Lord bless all of you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back