Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What?

7ruth

I have a question that has been bugging me for the past couple days. I would prefer an answer from a christians view pouint too.

So what makes our religion any better then all the other religions around the world?
:help

7ruth said:
I have a question that has been bugging me for the past couple days. I would prefer an answer from a christians view pouint too.

So what makes our religion any better then all the other religions around the world?

Religion is man made,,,I can make up a religion one right now.....But Christianity is not man made it comes from God........

NIGHTMARE said:
7ruth said:

Religion is man made,,,I can make up a religion one right now.....But Christianity is not man made it comes from God........

And I'm sure Islam, Judaism, etc. would not say the same.

Christianity is all about a relationship with God. God sent his son to die on the cross and wash away our sin. Through this beautiful act of kindness and forgiveness, we all have the opportunity to have everlasting life. In none of the other major religion is this gift presented to its worshipers. That's what sets Christianity apart.

Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Many religions look for enlightenment or bringing closer to God. I think Christianity is the only one that says it can redeem and prepare you to be with God.
Just in case you are interested, I have posted a group of Videos by Josh McDowell called "authenticity of the Bible". He explains how many more documents there are from history as evidence for Christianity, than any other philospher, etc. Also, why would these believers die for a lie...they must have seen something.
The Bible also speaks to the true state of what the world is like...and finally...prophecy...with clear words...what will happen.
I don't seek to attain enlightenment. Christ is the light. We are His friends because we are accepted in Him and through Him.

JV

I had the exact same question today...

Osama Bin Laden believes he is doing God's will in oppressing people and engaging in violence directly. James Dobson and many others like him believes he is doing God's will in oppressing people and engaging in violence by paying other people to do it for him. Both are totally convinced. Both are totally sincere.

Why should I believe - or, disbelieve, either one of them?

Best
Anth

Anth, what has James Dobson to do with this, and what are you implying? If you would like to start a new thread about James Dobson and explain that would be fine, but don't just throw out a statement like that with no substance...which has the potential to derail the thread. :gah

7ruth,

Let's first make it clear that you are correct that Christianity is a religion. But the question isn't one of which religion is better or which one is best, it is rather: which religion best explains the world the way it is?

It is about which religion has the best explanatory power in answering the deep questions of life while remaining coherent and corresponding with the world the way it is. It is about truth.

7ruth -

Despite the many religions in this world, there are two religions. The religion which teaches that Jesus is God, Creator, and Ulitimate ruler of the universe; and the religion that teaches that He isnt those things. The latter is nothing but the ancient Babylonian sunworship system and, to the surprise of many Christians, some of the religions who teach that Jesus is not God claim to be Christian. So, all of these religions (excluding Judaism) in our world fall under these two categories even though there are thousands.

I want to apologize if this statement comes across as arogant and I do not mean to offend anyone. However, the truth can be a hard pill to swallow at times. And the truth is that all religions other than the Christian faith teach that man can save himself and that there is no need for a Savior. The very root of this concept can be found in the ancient babylonian system of sunworship which was first created by Nimrod himself who set up the first man-centered kingdom that opposed God. This system had the false trinity deity where they had the Father, Mother, and Child. This false trinity and nature worship can be found (in some form or another) in all of the non-Christian religions in the world today.

Back