Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What's for dinner?

I didn't do so great today, lol. I let my time get away from me shopping and ended up at Arby's. Better luck tomorrow!

What are you talking about Arby's is good :yes

arbys.jpg

I love pumpkin seeds! I used to eat them by the handfulls!

Ick on the cottage cheese though! I can't get over the texture. :lol

Thanks for the tip! My recipes are very, very basic. Usually a lean meat, veggies, and whole-grain rice or a sweet potatoe. I use olive oil to do a lot of the cooking, but I want to learn more about herbs and the like and how to apply them to cooking! :)

May I suggest that you start again? Pumpkin seeds protects against prostate cancer and, being a man, you have one of those. :D

I think the way that you are eating is perfect. Keep it basic. Basic means less preservatives, colorants, flavorings and other ickies in your food. Your liver will love you for it. :lol

The Lords, my family doesn't have good genes when it comes to health, so I try and keep the meals as healthy as possible. Lot of salads and veggies, but I do cheat a little every now and then. It's my brother's 40th birthday tomorrow and there is a veggie bake that I used to make that he loves. It contains a cup of fresh cream and a cup of sour cream, making it a dieter's nightmare. (But it is a special occasion.) :halo

I'm a little pressed for time now, but I will post some salad recipes soon.

Well my parents made meat loaf. So I crumbled it up and added it to spinach and green beans. Then, I added some cajun spice mix and that was that. Black berries for desert and then for second desert a bag of pork cracklings (YUMMY! I literally waited in line at a grocery store for 45 minutes just to buy the bag, that's just how amazing fried pork skin and fat is!). Oh and I too had a coke, but the Coke Zero, since the cooler by the register didn't have any Diets.

May I suggest that you start again? Pumpkin seeds protects against prostate cancer and, being a man, you have one of those. :D

I think the way that you are eating is perfect. Keep it basic. Basic means less preservatives, colorants, flavorings and other ickies in your food. Your liver will love you for it. :lol

:lol Yes, yes, being a man I do have a prostrate. I need to go to the health store to get the pumpkin seeds and it's a little bit of a drive. I'll pick up a bag of Raw Pumpkin Seeds soon.

For today's breakfast I had 1 fried egg on an English Muffin w/ a slice of cheese, and 4 slices of turkey bacon. Plus a Diet Coke! :thumbsupMy brother always tells me to cut out the Diet Coke, 'cause of the Aspartame. I have know idea what it is, I'm thinking some sort of an artificial sweetener. Anyways, I do enjoy (looks like a lot of people in this thread do too) a nice ice cold Diet Coke. :D

Chicken and peppers and salad and seltzer and some of those pork cracklings I waited 45 minutes to procure!

What's an "avocado"?

Chicken and peppers and salad and seltzer and some of those pork cracklings I waited 45 minutes to procure!

What's an "avocado"?

Do you truly not know what an avocado is or are you joshin' us?

HassAvocado_708_v1.jpg

They are used to make guacamole (now if you don't know what that is you are truly living in a cave):

vegan-guacamole-and-chips-797533.jpg

Never seen one before. And I've never eaten one either. Nor have I eaten or seen guacamole. What's it taste like?

The only concern I have with aspartame is that it, in my experience, lowers the body's ability to destroy fat. So I limit myself to 20oz of diet soda a day. In substitute, since I drink soda for the bubbles, I drink about 4 liters of seltzer a day. Best part is that 4 liters of seltzer costs the same as one 20oz bottle of soda!

It just struck me as funny, lol. If it works for you, then God bless you! I have a slight cholesterol issue, so it probably wouldn't do so well for me.
Got the reverse problem. Apparently, my meat, meat, and more meat diet doesn't give me enough cholesterol. Doc. literally told me to eat more bacon! :thumbsup

Speaking of bacon, tonight its gonna be scotch eggs. :D

Back