Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What's goin on here?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Georges said:
It's in black and white...

hmmm. Could be the problem. Let me put it in red, like the gospels do.

Act 9:10-17 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I [am here], Lord. And the Lord [said] unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for [one] called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting [his] hand on him, that he might receive his sight. Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name. But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, [even] Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Georges said:
MY...my...my......what's a believer to do...? Who is he going to believe...?

I choose Jesus' words....only, how about you?

Jesus' words:
... Saul, of Tarsus... he is a chosen vessel unto me...

Gabbylittleangel said:
Yoo Hoo Geeeoooeorrrrrrrrrrrges?

:roll:

Anybody seen Georges lately?

I'm here....just burning out a little bit on the forum....

To say that the Bible contradicts itself is saying that God is a liar. Since 2Tim 3:16 tells us that all scripture is God-breathed, you are taking a huge step to call God a liar. To call God a liar you can't just point out a few little bits and pieces of the Bible, you must take the whole Bible and call it false. Therefore, since you are saying that the whole Bible is in err, you shall be devoted to destruction according to Galatian 1:8,9. The greek word "anathema" means accursed, or "devoted to destruction in hell". People who teach something other then what God's own Word says are to be accursed.

Disciple88 said:
To say that the Bible contradicts itself is saying that God is a liar.

That is not true...What is legitimate scripture is what is at question...If the Pauline letters are not legitimate then it is not wrong to say they in placed contradict...

Since 2Tim 3:16 tells us that all scripture is God-breathed, you are taking a huge step to call God a liar.

Then again, if Paul is proven to be not true, then 2 Timmy isn't legit either...BTW, 2 Timmy 3:16 is referring to the OT....not any of Paul's epistiles, or any of the NT. The Gospels as well as James, Peter and John who do contend against Paul were written after the Pauline epistles. IMHO, the legit scriptures are the OT (which were God breathed), The Gospels (even though they've been edited, they do contain Jesus' word's), James, Peter, John, Jude (because they do not contradict Torah, nor do they add to it), Revelation (because it was commanded by God to be written, and contains Jesus' words as well).

Paul is not commanded to write, he writes contrary to the Torah, he adds his own commandments. How many times does he quote Jesus?

And, I'm not calling God a liar...I'm saying Paul's epistles are his commentary and since they are at odds (in places) with the OT, Jesus, James, Peter, John and Jude then they are not God breathed...

To call God a liar you can't just point out a few little bits and pieces of the Bible, you must take the whole Bible and call it false.

Again...I'm not calling God a liar, I'm saying Paul is suspect. I see you have posted less than 100 times. I've posted over 1000 times with other posts supporting my claims much more than this post shows...by the grace of the mods, I'm still standing.....my point being, you are making claims about me and don't know anything about me...

Therefore, since you are saying that the whole Bible is in err, you shall be devoted to destruction according to Galatian 1:8,9.

Again...you don't know anything about me or any of my other thread posts concerning the Bible and/or Paul that I've been involved in, so save your little piece of Paul you are throwing at me...

The greek word "anathema" means accursed, or "devoted to destruction in hell". People who teach something other then what God's own Word says are to be accursed.

Blah blah blah...The "scripture" you just spouted concerns Paul's attempt to thwart the tide stemming against him from the elders (James, Peter, John) in Jerusalem who found out (as the Ephesians did) that Paul was teaching contrary to the Law of Moses and the wishes of the elders listed above. This is exactly why those of Asia (Turkety, Asia Minor) expelled Paul...Paul was using the anathema in an attempt to scare the Galations to abstain from observing Torah law...

Better bring better than that to the table disciple88...You keep saying I claim that God is a liar....You like throwing that around. It may work on your congregation who question you, but it won't work here. I will in advance accept your apology for the bully pulpiting... 8-)

jgredline said:
Imagican said:
All I can offer is that those that wish to refute the words of Paul obviously wish to remain in the same bonds of the Israelites forever. Paul speaks through a maturity ONLY possible through The Spirit. He offers us a glimpse of what it IS to be 'mature' in Christ. Not bound by silly man made understanding or rules. Free to love and BE loved in a way that goes beyond the 'fleshly' nature of mankind.

That there are those that are blind to this understanding is simply 'proof' that even those that 'truly' seek the 'truth' are often UNABLE to let go of the 'flesh' and live through The Spirit.

I condemn NO ONE with these words. I simply offer that Paul was quite CLEARLY a 'special person' in the eyes of God. Chosen from among those that were actually PERSECUTING those that had accepted Christ's gift. There was something DIFFERENT about Him that God KNEW would allow him to ACCEPT what God was willing to reveal.

George, you mock my offering as 'simple'. I take no offense. It IS simple. In the beginning of the NEW covenant there were NO Bibles. Those that followed the will of God through His Son were ONLY capable of understanding THROUGH The Spirit. I have found NONE, of this age, that even come close. No, Paul was NOT the ONLY ONE. There were many. It's just that Paul's experience was preserved through his writtings.

He explains in many words to many different people what it means to 'grow up', in Christ. You find this to contradict the words of Christ. The words of Christ were given to those that were NOT EVEN BORN yet. Paul accepted them readily after His introduction and RAN with them, to the point that His understanding went well beyond what anyone that Christ actually SPOKE to were capable of understanding.

No one is 'born again' with ALL the understanding that they will EVER have, (unless they die immediately after receiving Christ into their hearts). We grow George. EVERYDAY IF we are willing to. And the MORE we grow, the MORE we are able to understand.

No, far from what you want to see, Paul's understanding was NOT separate from Christ, just much more deeply embedded, accepted and understood by him.

MEC

Mec
The only thing I can add to this is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say.....if you think Paul has a deeper understanding than Jesus, or those that lived with him for 3+ years, then I'm not going to convince you of anything....or did I mis-read your statement?

Gabbylittleangel said:
Georges said:
It's in black and white...

hmmm. Could be the problem. Let me put it in red, like the gospels do.

Act 9:10-17 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I [am here], Lord. And the Lord [said] unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for [one] called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting [his] hand on him, that he might receive his sight. Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name. But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, [even] Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Georges said:
MY...my...my......what's a believer to do...? Who is he going to believe...?

I choose Jesus' words....only, how about you?

Jesus' words:
... Saul, of Tarsus... he is a chosen vessel unto me...

Yeh...uh huh....and which version of the Damascus conversion is that? Gabby, I can accept that Paul was initially converted...it is possible...but ultimately, like Balaam, he followed his own adgenda...Paul like Balaam condoned eating non Kosher food, and even fornication (but you really have to study that one...it is a twisty turny path). Gabby, don't forget, God does use people like Balaam to achieve his purpose...Maybe he is using Paul to see who it is that is willing (as the Bereans) to dig into see if what Paul is teaching is legit....After all, the Ephesians as Jesus pointed out in Revelation finally ferreted him out....as did all the communities in Asia...

Do you not realize that the 7 churches in Asia are Pauline congregations, or congregations that Paul had influenced....Why is it that none of the other congregations influenced by the other Apostles critisized?

Gabbylittleangel said:
Georges said:
Yeh...uh huh....and which version of the Damascus conversion is that?

So...in the gospel according to Georges

I have no gospel....I have nothing to preach....I have my belief, that's all.

, Luke is not to be believed either...

Luke as Paul's back pocket biographer is to be read guardedly....Luke was a gentile heavily influenced by Paul....his intent may have been honest...who knows...As Luke collected his information from other people as well as events witnessed to by himself, how much of it is really inspired?

Geo, you are preaching another gospel indeed.

I don't preach any gospel....I simply state that without the Pauline epistles, and by using the Gospels, James, Peter, John, and Jude, a different Jesus would be presented.

And so the reason I've been slow to respond....getting a little tired of the above...

Luke as Paul's back pocket biographer is to be read guardedly....Luke was a gentile heavily influenced by Paul....

Oh yeah? Well what about Barnabas, who was much closer to Paul than Luke was? Yet you esteem him for writting Hebrews don't you?

cybershark5886 said:
Luke as Paul's back pocket biographer is to be read guardedly....Luke was a gentile heavily influenced by Paul....

Oh yeah? Well what about Barnabas, who was much closer to Paul than Luke was? Yet you esteem him for writting Hebrews don't you?

Nah....I don't know who wrote Heb's....There is evidence for it, but, who knows for sure...

What I do know is that Barnabas had a falling out with Paul after the Antioch incident....

Luke said:
Luke 22:19 Then He took a loaf of bread; and when He had thanked God for it, He broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "This is my body, given for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

John said:
John 19:35 This report is from an eyewitness giving an accurate account; it is presented so that you also can believe. 36 These things happened in fulfillment of the Scriptures that say, "Not one of His bones will be broken," 37 and "They will look on Him whom they pierced."

Psalm 34:20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

Paul said:
1 Corinthians 11:23 ..the Lord Jesus took a loaf of bread, 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is my body, which is broken for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

Ok, who forgot to send Paul a memo that Jesus’ body wasn’t broken?

Georges said:
Never seen that before......interesting....

My, you're slipping ...what's wrong with you, George ...gettin' old or something . . .? :biggrin

Georges said:
jgredline said:
Imagican said:
All I can offer is that those that wish to refute the words of Paul obviously wish to remain in the same bonds of the Israelites forever. Paul speaks through a maturity ONLY possible through The Spirit. He offers us a glimpse of what it IS to be 'mature' in Christ. Not bound by silly man made understanding or rules. Free to love and BE loved in a way that goes beyond the 'fleshly' nature of mankind.

That there are those that are blind to this understanding is simply 'proof' that even those that 'truly' seek the 'truth' are often UNABLE to let go of the 'flesh' and live through The Spirit.

I condemn NO ONE with these words. I simply offer that Paul was quite CLEARLY a 'special person' in the eyes of God. Chosen from among those that were actually PERSECUTING those that had accepted Christ's gift. There was something DIFFERENT about Him that God KNEW would allow him to ACCEPT what God was willing to reveal.

George, you mock my offering as 'simple'. I take no offense. It IS simple. In the beginning of the NEW covenant there were NO Bibles. Those that followed the will of God through His Son were ONLY capable of understanding THROUGH The Spirit. I have found NONE, of this age, that even come close. No, Paul was NOT the ONLY ONE. There were many. It's just that Paul's experience was preserved through his writtings.

He explains in many words to many different people what it means to 'grow up', in Christ. You find this to contradict the words of Christ. The words of Christ were given to those that were NOT EVEN BORN yet. Paul accepted them readily after His introduction and RAN with them, to the point that His understanding went well beyond what anyone that Christ actually SPOKE to were capable of understanding.

No one is 'born again' with ALL the understanding that they will EVER have, (unless they die immediately after receiving Christ into their hearts). We grow George. EVERYDAY IF we are willing to. And the MORE we grow, the MORE we are able to understand.

No, far from what you want to see, Paul's understanding was NOT separate from Christ, just much more deeply embedded, accepted and understood by him.

MEC

Mec
The only thing I can add to this is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say.....if you think Paul has a deeper understanding than Jesus, or those that lived with him for 3+ years, then I'm not going to convince you of anything....or did I mis-read your statement?

I don't think you 'misread' my statement, I think that you simply didn't understand it completely. Let me try and make it a 'bit' clearer.

George, firstly, you would have to ELIMINATE MUCH of the NT in order to discredit Paul. Not ONLY his writtings, but others that we have NO reason to believe HE wrote.

Either Paul WAS chosen by CHRIST HIMSELF, or he wasn't. In order to 'accept' the NT one MUST accept that Paul WAS INDEED chosen by Christ to spread The Word.

Now, with these things in mind, let me offer my reply to your questions. NO, Paul had NO understanding WITHOUT Christ. But YES, a MUCH deeper understanding than MOST including Peter. Paul, as far as we know, NEVER denied Christ and went to the grave for his faith. Peter not only denied Christ but did so EVEN AFTER STATING that HE WOULDN'T do that VERY THING. Peter's lack of faith is NOTORIOUS throughout the Gospels.

And Yes again to Paul having MORE understanding than ANY of the other apostles. That is EXACTLY WHY he was 'chosen', IMHO. For the 'other' apostles were LACKING the ability to 'let go' of their previous 'religion' for the sake of 'the NEW covenant. Paul, on the other hand, was MORE than willing to accept WHOLE HEARTEDLY that which the others obviously were unable to. It took MUCH convincing of Paul for the others to accept the 'truth' as offered him BY CHRIST.

Jesus didn't NEED to teach ANYTHING other than what we have through scripture. He was ONLY HERE FOR a MINUTE. BUT, there has been MUCH revealed since His death. To prove a point George, how many times did Christ ask these that you seem to hold in a 'higher' regard than Paul, 'HOW LONG MUST I BE AMONG YOU'? or 'OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH'? Does this offer an insight into my point of view? And 'what' do we have in written accounts from the 'other' apostles that we NEVER heard from again. The indication is that a NUMBER of them may NOT have even continued in their faith in Jesus Christ. Paul went to PRISON AND DIED FOR HIS FAITH.

And how about this, George, perhaps at the time Christ was STILL alive THINGS WERE 'different' than they were after His 'death'. For the 'gift' was not even offered until AFTER His death and resurection. Perhaps this is where much of your contempt and misunderstanding of Paul has originated.

From your 'point of view' George, two thirds of the NT is BOGUS. That is 'your choice' of course. I have found there to be MUCH understanding offered through the words of Paul. There is NO doubt in my mind or heart that the words spoken or written by Paul were the 'truth'.

MEC

Imagican said:
Georges said:
jgredline said:
Imagican said:

MEC

Mec

I don't think you 'misread' my statement, I think that you simply didn't understand it completely. Let me try and make it a 'bit' clearer.

George, firstly, you would have to ELIMINATE MUCH of the NT in order to discredit Paul.

On the contrary...since I've started critically looking at Paul (it's been since I started on this forum), I've come across a good many descrepencies..Some of these are biblical, some of these are historical documents that are non biblical (DSS, Clementines, Josephus etc). The Gospels, James, Peter, John and Jude, along with Revelation all give warnings about Paul's teaching, if you know what to look for.

Not ONLY his writtings, but others that we have NO reason to believe HE wrote.

Not so....Acts could be a legit historical book...Paul's commentary must be read with caution...

Either Paul WAS chosen by CHRIST HIMSELF, or he wasn't.

Paul said he was....no other corroborated witnesses....

In order to 'accept' the NT one MUST accept that Paul WAS INDEED chosen by Christ to spread The Word.

Not so....I accept the Gospels (albeit they've been somewhat edited, fact). I accept James, Peter, John, and Jude. I accept Acts as a biased biography. I read Paul's epistles guardedly...if they match the OT, Jesus, James and the legit Apostles, no problem...if Paul is offering his opinion and it is contrary to the afore mentioned....problem...

Now, with these things in mind, let me offer my reply to your questions. NO, Paul had NO understanding WITHOUT Christ. But YES, a MUCH deeper understanding than MOST including Peter.

Why do people consider Peter (who was Jesus' apparent favorite) as some big dopey person? You would think that after 3 years together, Jesus would have figured him out....Nah...Paul had his own understanding and it was not the same as the boy's in Jerusalem. According to all extrabiblical accounts, James the bro of Jesus was given the knowledge...not Paul...

Paul, as far as we know, NEVER denied Christ and went to the grave for his faith.

Paul taught "his" version of Christ...that is why he was always in hot water with the other Apostles.

Peter not only denied Christ but did so EVEN AFTER STATING that HE WOULDN'T do that VERY THING. Peter's lack of faith is NOTORIOUS throughout the Gospels.

I won't comment on that as I don't think you thought that comment out completely....

And Yes again to Paul having MORE understanding than ANY of the other apostles.

Not....James had the greater understanding. Paul spoke well and promoted the gnosto-mystery Christ to a majority pagan gentile populace.

That is EXACTLY WHY he was 'chosen', IMHO. For the 'other' apostles were LACKING the ability to 'let go' of their previous 'religion' for the sake of 'the NEW covenant.

Again, I won't comment on that statement as it really can't be seriosly entertained.

Paul, on the other hand, was MORE than willing to accept WHOLE HEARTEDLY that which the others obviously were unable to. It took MUCH convincing of Paul for the others to accept the 'truth' as offered him BY CHRIST.

Yep, all the other Apostle, died as old men in their beds.....Paul was held on trial many times for his questionable teaching...He was ferreted out and eventually kicked out of the churches of Asia because of his teachings...he eventually had to escape to Rome because of his teachings...

Jesus didn't NEED to teach ANYTHING other than what we have through scripture. He was ONLY HERE FOR a MINUTE. BUT, there has been MUCH revealed since His death.

Sorry....If you take out the Pauline epistles you have a different Christ that emerges....Paul interjected his version of Christ, which is a bit different then the Gospel portray. If you want to say that is "much" revealed, on one man's interpretation, kudos to you...I'll go with James and the Jerusalem boys.

To prove a point George, how many times did Christ ask these that you seem to hold in a 'higher' regard than Paul, 'HOW LONG MUST I BE AMONG YOU'? or 'OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH'?

If Paul teaches anomia, then I don't hold him very high.

Does this offer an insight into my point of view?

Yeh, shows me you really should rethink your position... :) I don't say that to be nasty or mean....but you really need to study it from all positions...To hold onto Paul as being greater than the 12 and James is questionable..

And 'what' do we have in written accounts from the 'other' apostles that we NEVER heard from again. The indication is that a NUMBER of them may NOT have even continued in their faith in Jesus Christ. Paul went to PRISON AND DIED FOR HIS FAITH.

To the winners go the spoils, that is revisionist history....and biased theology. Paul was held in house arrest...and his death is historically questionable.

And how about this, George, perhaps at the time Christ was STILL alive THINGS WERE 'different' than they were after His 'death'. For the 'gift' was not even offered until AFTER His death and resurection. Perhaps this is where much of your contempt and misunderstanding of Paul has originated.

Oh I don't have a misunderstanding of Paul...I have a very clear understanding of Paul....Paul taught Anomia, Jesus warned against it. James refutes it, John refutes it, Peter refutes it, Jude refutes it.

From your 'point of view' George, two thirds of the NT is BOGUS.

The Pauling epistles should be labeled as commentary and held as Scripture on the same level as the OT. I will say that Paul does have some good, as long as it jives with the OT, Gospels, James, Peter, John, Jude.

That is 'your choice' of course. I have found there to be MUCH understanding offered through the words of Paul.

Are you joking? Paul is the king of doublespeak......Paul seemingly is very vague and muddled in many points of his personal commentary. People make the mistake of thinking he is making profound statements...but it's just smoke and mirrors. Through a bunch of doublespeak at them, and they won't know what to believe. Paul made a successful career of that, until as I said, he was ferreted out in Asia.

There is NO doubt in my mind or heart that the words spoken or written by Paul were the 'truth'.

I'm sorry that you are held captive by Paul. I think once you disregard his epistles, you will get a better look at who Jesus really was. Paul speaks many times that he "doesn't lie"....why? Do you know historically, in the DSS in both the Damascus Document, and the Habakkuk Pesher, that the "Teacher of Righteousness" contends with a man deemed "The Liar". "The Liar" was a man who was once a member of "The Teacher of Righteousness'" community, but broke away from the community to start his own following (that being teaching against the Law).

MEC

What can I say....

cybershark5886 said:
Georges said:
John's message written afters Paul's. John was warning of Paul's error.
Assumptions and conjecture. We have no hard evidence for those claims. Be careful when examiing extra-biblical "evidence".

Read the following passages for yourself cyber.

Romans 4:1 Abraham was, humanly speaking, the founder of our Jewish nation. What were his experiences concerning this question of being saved by faith? 2 Was it because of his good deeds that God accepted him? If so, he would have had something to boast about. But from God's point of view Abraham had no basis at all for pride. 3 For the Scriptures tell us, "Abraham believed God, so God declared him to be righteous."
4 When people work, their wages are not a gift. Workers earn what they receive. 5 But people are declared righteous because of their faith, not because of their work.

James 2:21 Don't you remember that our ancestor Abraham was declared right with God because of what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see, he was trusting God so much that he was willing to do whatever God told him to do. His faith was made complete by what he did-by his actions. 23 And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: "Abraham believed God, so God declared him to be righteous." He was even called "the friend of God." 24 So you see, we are made right with God by what we do, not by faith alone.

Did you pay attention to the bolded parts cyber? James took the same example of “Abraham believed God†as Paul did but corrected Paul’s error of “faith only†conclusion to “not just faith only but by worksâ€Â.

So when George says John and James and the rest were correcting and warning of Paul’s message it just isn’t “assumption and conjecture†but there is a lot of truth in it as shown above. But when you try not to let go of Paul for a second he will be more than happy to cover your eyes over the truth in the scripture and you will not see it. To me scripture is pretty self correcting. Yeshua’s words alone should pretty much correct Paul’s words out of the bible.

Now you can’t tell me that both conclusions of Paul and James are valid. You can’t say “faith only†and “not faith only but also worksâ€Â. They are mutually exclusive conclusions. They both cant be true. That makes one a very false apostle in my book. If you can save Paul from the above scenario, I would definitely like to see you try.

cybershark5886 said:
TanNinety said:
Did you pay attention to the bolded parts? James took the same example of “Abraham believed God†as Paul did but corrected Paul’s error of “faith only†conclusion to “not just faith only but by worksâ€Â.

First off I want to say that I do not want to highjack this(another of George’s thread) thread, because this issue is not what Geroges was refering to. But I will attempt to give an answer:

James treats works as an extension and demonstration of faith, and Paul is saying that faith and not works (to gain salvation) justifies a man. Paul is looking at pre-salvation works. James is looking a post-salvation works as a natural fruit of faith. You have to remember that Paul is preaching against Judaizers who seek to gain salvation by obeying the law. James is dealing with believers who already have faith.

I copied our conversation from George’s other thread cyber and I agree we would have gone off topic. This thread suits best for our topic at hand about the inconsistency of Paul.

Where as I do like your explanation of the inconsistency I do not think it quite fits. You cannot draw two mutually exclusive conclusions from the same example to make two different points where one conclusion negates the other.

Example:
A) Cyber is really strong because he drinks only milk in the morning. – Says TanNinety
B) Cyber is really strong because he eats his vegetables and not just milk alone. – Says George.

You see just because I am trying to preach “drinking milk†and George “eating vegetables†we cannot use the same example with mutually negating conclusions.

The point here is not “before strength†and “after strength†preaching but that one of us is wrong. What James and Paul conclude from the same example of “Abraham believed God†irrespective of their audience irreconcilably negate each other.

You said James was preaching post salvation works. How can Abraham be an example for “post†salvation orks? How can you ascribe any works of Abraham to “post†something that hasn’t been yet brought to fruition in Abraham’s time?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back