Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Whats the most mystical/spiritual/transcendant instrument?

Whats the most mystical/spiritual/transcendant instrument?

• 1. Trumpet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Flute

• 4. Violen

• 5. Piano

• 6. Tambourine

• 7. Guitar

• 8. Drum

• Other - Please tell us!

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Soma-Sight

If you had to pick an instrument which makes you think of the Divine the most what would it be?

For me it is the Native American Flute.

The Flute is very soothing like the Spirit and can calm one down when you are angry or depressed.

Some may pick the Trumpet I am sure because it signifies the Second Coming of Christ....

Which instrument do you feel drawn to on this level?

Trumpet, without a doubt.

shofar.gif

I love all musical instuments. I chose harp because in cartoons that is what the angels are always playing. :wink:

Piano, if you don't understand why then listen to some Chopin.

I say other. I'm partial to trombones. But, that's just my preference. I have played the trombone since fourth grade, and it is a very versitile instrument. I think it can really capture many emotions.

GundamZero said:
I say other. I'm partial to trombones. But, that's just my preference. I have played the trombone since fourth grade, and it is a very versitile instrument. I think it can really capture many emotions.
Emotion, as in... fright! :o

j/k :-D

As a musician I will say that, depending on the music and how it is played and put together, any instrument can take you there. Just yesterday I was listening to Jethro Tull, yeah I still listen to Jethro Tull. But anyway they do a song on the Aqualung album called Up To Me, and the way it is played and with Ian Anderson playing the flute, it was making contact with my spirit and moving it into an emotional state. That is just one example. Sometimes the guitar, the violins, the drums, the bass can do it. Or singing. It just depends on how it was put together and the thought and emotion that went into the song. Like the song Chariots Of Fire, and many other ones that are out there. I can name many, but that will be to much typing. So I will not vote, because any one of those instuments can take you there, and it also depends on the person who is hearing it. Where it may move one person, To another person it won't do anything.

*stick tongue out at Lewis W*

Yeah, yeah yeah.

But there's got to be one YOU like to play especially, so spill the beans.

"Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
But losing everything is like the sun going down on me"

-Elton John

Very moving song

OH! As far as instruments, the right combination of piano, flute, violen, guitar, and drums can be really beautiful in praise music.
I just wish I liked most christian music, but it's few and far between.

GundamZero said:
*stick tongue out at Lewis W*

Yeah, yeah yeah.

But there's got to be one YOU like to play especially, so spill the beans.
Well I am a drummer, and I play a little guitar and bass. I have heard beautiful music from a lot of instruments. And they get my attention, my musical tastes are wide. The guitar and violins stand out to me a lot, depending upon what they are doing. Like the Machine Gun solo Jimi Hendrix does, on the Band Of Gypsies album, and so on, and so on.

So glad I followed Lewis...

Psalm 149 & Psalm 150 say to praise God with ALL instruments.. :-D

&..

because He knew we'd need it spelling out...

He actually signalled His favourite to us..

many times..

& many ways..

"Out of the MOUTHS of babes & infants, God has ordained PERFECT praise!" :tongue

As an ex-pro mimic, I love the range & versatility of a good human voice :-D

& it can be trained to improve... :lol:

with practice...
:oops:

because God has woven into the pattern of people the principle of fruitfulness.. :tongue

thru tilling the soil..

planting seeds..

watering..

fertlising..

tending..

pruning..

harvesting..

Someone may have the time & curiosity to search each of those @ http://www.BibleGateway.org

I just know that there are rural readers who have been feeling too timid to post @ this site, for fear of the cut-&-thrust of vigourous, lively debate that characterises most threads on most 'Net discussion sites :roll:

But you have taken much time to do as the Bereans did in Acts 17:11 & search the Scriptures... :)

Seeing those farming terms has just made you realise that we townies need the wisdom you have gained from working the land :angel:

Off topic? :-?

No: we are to present everything we have & all that we are to our Almighty Creator..

as instruments for His glory, yes? :bday:

As this appears, it will be @ 6am for you Midwest farmers & farmworkers, who so enjoy starting your day with the Lord & with His people in here :wink:

Let the Master Musician orchestrate the sweet music in your soul.. 8-)

to be instruments of blessing for us townies, OK? :biggrin

But apart from that, I'm amazed that no-one chose today's amazing synthesisers & samplers

Praise God for putting electronic power into Creation!

God bless!

Ian

Yes there is music in heaven, and at one time satan was the chief of music up there. And all kinds of instruments were put into him by God, and then the idiot revolted. But all kinds of instruments please God. Jut take a look at Psalms 150. On my website in the Music And The Bible thread, I did a post earlier this month, called Instruments Of The Bible. Take a look at it, it is still on the front page.

http://musicianforjesus.com

Being old fashioned and also an organist, I would have to choose the pipe organ.

Played softly (behind a prayer, etc.) it can soothe the soul. Played full, it can raise our souls up to heaven.

But, any instrument played well would come in second.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back