Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What's Your Take On David Wilkerson From Times Sqare Church

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Is their something new other than the cross and the switch blade? I was just wondering why you ask?

Yes he did author that book, (a very long time ago). He also started the teen challenge ministries. Also the times square church in N.Y. I think though he is best known for the monthly newsletters he has put out so faithfully throughout the years. In my opinion he is one of God's finest vessels here on earth. Sober, vigilant, uncompromising, discreet, and on and on. There are literally hundreds of thousands of saints who have been carried through the tough times by the encouragement he has brought forth through those newsletters.

My motive of this thread was to hear the testimonies of how this ministry was blessing others. Wow! Not much response Huh?

I was saved in a church in California when I was young. We would ride to church with a friend, and one day we had to make a detour, it was to pick up a young man who was going to speak at church. It was the real Nicky Cruise (the one Eric Estrada played in the movie). He was very humble and seemed a little nervous to speak to so many.

The part I liked in the book the most was the beginning when God sent him to help the boys who were being sentenced to prison, because he didn't help them, and David was humiliated, he asked God why did you tell me to do this if you were going to embarrass me.

Later God used that scene to bring other gang members to Him, because they had seen that he had tried. I am afraid if I would have been embarrassed like that, I would have turned around and went home. I agree God has used him in a powerful way. where do you find his newsletters?

i find him to be a blessed brother. i also like another preacher at his church carter conlon. he has videos on you tube i highly recommend them

Re: What\'s Your Take On David Wilkerson From Times Sqare Church

julie89 said:
he seems like a nice fellow

Yeah---He's real nice :wave :wave

He's also one of God's most powerfully anointed ministers that I've ever met :amen

Happy

David Wilkerson is the man! I admire him and his contribution to the ministry. His church draws people from all over the world including the tri borough area. His church is located in the heart of the city; New York, New York - so nice it got named twice. As a result they have "prayer in the square" and all sorts of activities and ministries that reach out to many. They also care about the cities youth. I heard his son preach once, he delivered the word in a different and interesting way. God Bless David and his family.

Failed Prophecies:

1. "1000 Fires in NYC by 1993"
    • "I have had recurring visions of over 1,000 fires burning at one time here in New York city. I am convinced race riots will soon explode! New York City is right now a powder keg-ready to blow!...federal and State Welfare cutbacks will be the spark that ignites the fuse. Next year, New York City could have over 100,000 angry men on the streets, enraged because they have been cut off from benefits....Federal troops will have to move in to restore order. New York City will have tanks running down its avenues....Churches will be closed for a season because it will be too dangerous to travel about. Fires will rage everywhere." (Prophecy from Sept. 7, 1992)
  2. "The End of Gospel Television by 1999"
    • "Right now I sense in my spirit that in less than 5 years there will be no more so-called gospel television networks. They will all fall into bankruptcy and absolute ruin." (Solomon Church Dec. 12, 1994)
  3. "Financial Crash in 2000"
    • "For the last two years I have been crying aloud, warning all who would hear that America is receiving her last call and that judgment is at the door. I did not say this was the end of the nation, but the last call before a financial crash." (April 15, 2000). I am writing this letter to you on Saturday, April 15, 2000. I have on my desk the headlines in yesterday's paper: "BLACK FRIDAY - BIGGEST ONE-DAY DROP IN HISTORY." The Dow fell 618 points - the Nasdaq fell 355. I do not know what is coming in the next sixty days. If the market bounces back, I can assure you it will be temporary. THE CRASH IS INEVITABLE - NOTHING CAN STOP IT"
Since then, Wilkerson has continued to produce books predicting economic disasters, food shortages, rising crime, and ultimately, the destruction for the United States. He urged his followers to store food, water, and medicine for a coming disaster in the late 1990s in a book entitled God's Plan to Protect His People in the Coming Depression. Wilkerson has faced increasing criticism from many sources, many of whom voice concern that the threats of upcoming disasters have led many of Wilkerson's followers to take preemptive action that they later regretted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wilkerson

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back