Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

When did my husband die?

Marykay46

I've read about the silver cord being cut but I'm wondering at what point my husband actually "died". Let me explain what I mean.

In October, 2023, my husband had a chest pain and I called 911. The paramedics arrived quickly, put leads on his chest, asked him his pain level (he told them 7) and he walked out to the ambulance. Within 2-3 minutes he was screaming and then he was silent. According to the paramedic's report, he went unconscious and pulseless. He was shocked and vitals restored. He was taken to the ER, where he was shocked 2 more times and put on life support. When I got there, I knew he wasn't "in there" anymore. I felt it. I knew he was already gone. He never regained consciousness and he was declared deceased later that evening after being shocked 2 more times.

My question is.....when he was in the ambulance and went unconscious and pulseless, is that when the silver cord was broken and he was in the presence with the Lord? If it was, how can vitals be restored and still be considered medically "alive"?

This has bothered me for 7 months now. Can anyone explain this to me?

I've been offline for about a week due to a computer crash. I am now back up and running. I will not go back and delete posts but I will ask you all to remember that the rules of this forum do not allow for members to engage each other but that we must answer the OP's questions only. Please stay focused.

Back