Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study When GOD Speaks He Speaks Through His Word Jesus Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
OK
So tell me about spring and the Words of God.

I think I have my general direction of thought in mind, but by all means start on your direction of thought.

I will try to hide a lot of meaning in modern symbolism, when I start. It may sound strange, but I will try and unpack it later.

Like:
Where did/should airplane design start? This will really not be about airplanes.
Romans 1:20

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Well, I think it's a drastic and potentially-dangerous oversimplification to say that everything God has to say He has said through Jesus. What does this actually mean? For some, it means that they have only to attend to the Gospels in which Jesus is quoted directly. Anything that Jesus didn't actually do or say is secondary in its value and importance, they believe, and may even be ignored, so long as one is focused carefully upon Jesus and his teachings. I've even heard some declare that a Christian needs only the four Gospels as their Bible; the rest can be ignored. Of course, this ignores the fact that it is men telling us what Jesus said and did in the Gospels; the Gospels weren't written directly by the hand of Christ himself, about himself. What people are trusting, then, when they read the Gospels is the eyewitness accounts, or second-hand recounting of those accounts, not by Christ, but by his disciples.

What these only-the-words-of-Christ folks don't realize is that this reductive kind of thinking was that of at least one ancient heretic (Marcion - though Marcion's redaction of the NT biblical canon was in favor of Paul's epistles, not the Gospels). "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God," Paul wrote to Timothy (2 Timothy 3:126-17), and so all of Scripture is God's word. And since Christ is God (John 1:1-3; John 10:30; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1), all of Scripture is his word. There shouldn't be, then, a confining of oneself just to the Gospels; the entire Bible contains the words of God, of Jesus, who is its divine Author.

The Bible says, too, that Creation itself declares, or speaks of, God, telling us something of His power and glory:

Psalm 19:1
1 The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Romans 1:19-20
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Man's Moral Sense - the "law of God written on our hearts" (Romans 2:15) - also reveals the moral will of God to us.

It's been said, as well, that "all truth is God's truth." The idea here is that, wherever we find what is true, we find the Author of Truth, who is God. This is because, at bottom, all of Reality, all of what is objectively true about Creation, "emanates" from God, who is the Ground of All Reality. And so, a chemistry textbook contains God's truth about chemistry; a mathematics textbook reveals to us God's truth about mathematics; a physical engineering textbook tells us all about God's truth concerning the subject. And so on.

It should be explained, then, that God "speaks" through a variety of avenues, not just through Christ, though God is best revealed to us in the Person of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:6
6 For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Last edited:
John 1:14 kjv
14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

All the hidden messages of creation, and the Law of Moses, and the Prophets words became the reality Jesus.

What happened to the Law of Moses?
It remained as a schoolmaster to be used lawfully. We use the law to understand what not to do (it was written for our instruction).

What about the prophets words?
We see them come true.

This is a struggle:
Some Jewish persons stay under the Law

Some gentiles want to ignore the Law

Creation, the Law, and the prophets existed.

John the Baptist announced Jesus. Jesus came under the Law.

As a redneck I see through a glass darkly.

This can be a good study. I can supply scriptures, but a search can find them without me.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

OK
So tell me about spring and the Words of God.

I think I have my general direction of thought in mind, but by all means start on your direction of thought.

I will try to hide a lot of meaning in modern symbolism, when I start. It may sound strange, but I will try and unpack it later.

Like:
Where did/should airplane design start? This will really not be about airplanes.
Romans 1:20

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Hello eddif, Sorry for the delay we just go by as for as the seasons go bye, but as for as Spring for us it is a time of The Barley Harvest.

Ecclesiastes 3:1​

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Love, Walter

Last edited:
Hello eddif, Sorry for the delay we just go by as for as the seasons go bye, but as for as Spring for us it is a time of The Barley Harvest.

Ecclesiastes 3:1​

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Love, Walter
All right.
That is the physical. Without that I have no means of understanding the spiritual. Most gentiles.just go to the New Testament and miss 1/2 of their understanding.

Your first post has the Jewish physical plus the the spiritual Messiah in it. Right now I do not know if you recognize how spiritual your first post was (Very Physical and Spiritual). That is what Metaphysical is). Physical hiding a Spiritual concept.

Meta is:
Beyond / greater than but parallel with.

In the parable of the sower (Matthew 13, Mark 6, etc), The seed is the physical. The Word Of God is planted in our heart and Understood in our mind). Given spiritual water and spiritual sunshine the eyes of our understanding - sprouts, has leaves, grows, blossoms, bears fruit that has seed to be planted again in another person.

If one does not understand the Barley aspect of life, they are missing instruction.
As a redneck I lack certain skills of expression.

I am hoping The Holy Spirit can open eyes of understanding.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Before the planting the ground has to be prepared. This ground preparation is not tender and sweet at times. A plowman has a plow. This plow turns the soil revealing trash roots, stones that have to be removed, etc.

Repentance is the plowman at work.

Planting the seed is the work of Jesus

The tender plant has to be watched out for.
Watering is needed.tares have to be watched out for.

Spiritual growth is very similar.

The harvest is the last step. Moldy seed have to be removed. Tares were removed first. A Jew has the advantage. The Law (if used lawfully) is taught.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Well, I think it's a drastic and potentially-dangerous oversimplification to say that everything God has to say He has said through Jesus. What does this actually mean? For some, it means that they have only to attend to the Gospels in which Jesus is quoted directly. Anything that Jesus didn't actually do or say is secondary in its value and importance, they believe, and may even be ignored, so long as one is focused carefully upon Jesus and his teachings. I've even heard some declare that a Christian needs only the four Gospels as their Bible; the rest can be ignored. Of course, this ignores the fact that it is men telling us what Jesus said and did in the Gospels; the Gospels weren't written directly by the hand of Christ himself, about himself. What people are trusting, then, when they read the Gospels is the eyewitness accounts, or second-hand recounting of those accounts, not by Christ, but by his disciples.
Hello Tenchi, While reading your reply, 1st. Thank you for your thoughts, But this morning, I was reading Galatians 6:14-18

Galatians 6:14-18

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Read full chapter

Love, Walter

All right.
That is the physical. Without that I have no means of understanding the spiritual. Most gentiles.just go to the New Testament and miss 1/2 of their understanding.

Your first post has the Jewish physical plus the the spiritual Messiah in it. Right now I do not know if you recognize how spiritual your first post was (Very Physical and Spiritual). That is what Metaphysical is). Physical hiding a Spiritual concept.

Meta is:
Beyond / greater than but parallel with.

In the parable of the sower (Matthew 13, Mark 6, etc), The seed is the physical. The Word Of God is planted in our heart and Understood in our mind). Given spiritual water and spiritual sunshine the eyes of our understanding - sprouts, has leaves, grows, blossoms, bears fruit that has seed to be planted again in another person.

If one does not understand the Barley aspect of life, they are missing instruction.
As a redneck I lack certain skills of expression.

I am hoping The Holy Spirit can open eyes of understanding.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Good morning eddif, Sir, I didn't want to get off the OP, but we do understand what you are saying, thank you.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:
Hello Tenchi, While reading your reply, 1st. Thank you for your thoughts, But this morning, I was reading Galatians 6:14-18

Galatians 6:14-18​

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

What is Paul talking about in this passage? Is he denying that God communicates His Truth to us through a variety of means? No. Consider his words in context:

Galatians 6:12-13
12 Those who desire to make a good showing in the flesh try to compel you to be circumcised, simply so that they will not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.
13 For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.

See? Paul was addressing the Judaizers desire to bring believers in the province of Galatia under law-keeping (circumcision) so that they could "boast in your flesh." These Judaizers didn't want the persecution that would come to them from their Jewish brethren when they were observed interacting with uncircumcised Gentiles. Paul responded to this situation in the passage you cited by declaring that the only thing of which he would boast would be the cross of Christ. Law-keeping - circumcision, in the particular case Paul was addressing in Galatia - "availed nothing"; only being a "new creature in Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:17) mattered. This is the "rule" according to which Paul commanded the believers in Galatia to walk (a wordplay upon the law-keeping of the Judaizers).

In all of what Paul wrote in the passages above, however, he never says that God has communicated only through Jesus Christ.

What is Paul talking about in this passage? Is he denying that God communicates His Truth to us through a variety of means? No. Consider his words in context:

Galatians 6:12-13
12 Those who desire to make a good showing in the flesh try to compel you to be circumcised, simply so that they will not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.
13 For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.

See? Paul was addressing the Judaizers desire to bring believers in the province of Galatia under law-keeping (circumcision) so that they could "boast in your flesh." These Judaizers didn't want the persecution that would come to them from their Jewish brethren when they were observed interacting with uncircumcised Gentiles. Paul responded to this situation in the passage you cited by declaring that the only thing of which he would boast would be the cross of Christ. Law-keeping - circumcision, in the particular case Paul was addressing in Galatia - "availed nothing"; only being a "new creature in Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:17) mattered. This is the "rule" according to which Paul commanded the believers in Galatia to walk (a wordplay upon the law-keeping of the Judaizers).

In all of what Paul wrote in the passages above, however, he never says that God has communicated only through Jesus Christ.
Respectfully Disagree, Romans 15:4, Ephesians 2:20

Love, Walter And Debbie

Romans 2:29 kjv
29. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Both speak of the heart. We just do not know that, till the parable of the sower is revealed by Jesus.

The heart is desperately wicked. I suppose the old heart is removed before the new heart of flesh is given.

Symbolism really twists the carnal mind.

Friends discussing. LOL

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Acts 10:44 kjv
44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Yes some wanted to put gentiles under bondage.
But
Here is a time where some might be rethinking that action.

One new man, made of Jew and gentile. The middle wall between them was broken down by Jesus, and establishing peace,

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back