Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

When is Matt 28:19,20 going to be Preached ???

dan p

Hi to all , and most believers that hold to Matt 28:19 , a question for you ???

The Context of Matthew and its so-called great commissiom in verse 16 is Jesus disciples , so how clear is that , and can you find Gentiles HERE ????

And in verse 19 , He tells Jews to go and TEACH all ETHENOS which are Gentiles , and Baptizing them !!!!

Where does it say that Gentiles are to teach and Baptize , HERE ??????

This commissiom is given to Jews and who will tell me what verse I missed where Gentiles is found in THIS VERSE ?????

Than what means v20 , teaching them to obsreve ALL THINGS whtsoever I have command you , and what is this ?????

Scriptural back-up for question posted and being discussed in Romans....

Romans 1:15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome. 16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[a] just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

Romans 2:8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Romans 3:9 No One is Righteous
9What shall we conclude then? Are we any better[a]? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin.

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,

Romans 15:27 They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews' spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings.

Galatians 2:15-16 "We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

handy said:
Dan, what you are missing is the fact that in Christ, there is NO Jew or Gentile.

Hi handy , and I has SAID the very same thing , to any that have read my posts .

In Peters time , any Gentile that accept Judsiam , had to become a Jew !!!!

Any Jew that is saved under the preaching of Grace , loses their Idenity in the Body of Christ 1 Cor 12-13 and there are more verses .

dan p said:

Slight correction dan. They were to become Noahides and had to obey the 7 laws of Noah, not the 613 that the Jews had to obey per Torah.

You see,for a Jew, being a Jew meant / means being of the seed of Abraham. A form of elitism that say's that if one were not of Abraham's seed, one could not be Jewish which if you think about it this is a correct statement along the lines that I am white, and I cannot be hispanic regardless of how I act... Study up on it and you will find that Noahides could only enter into the Temple for worship as far Court of Gentiles... That was it.

Taking this into consideration, Peter had a vision from God in where unclean food was presented in front of him, and he was told to eat. When he awoke, somebody was knocking on his door...

If you look at the Exodus account, we see that for the first time, God claims a nation as his own, and even calls that nation his first born son. That nation was Israel in keeping to the covenant with Abram. It served it's purpose for out of Israel came the Messiah Jesus where the promise to make Abraham a Father of many nations was fullfilled. You see, the curtain to the holy of holies was torn upon the death of Jesus and thus, we all have access to the holy of holies for truly, the Spirit dwells within us... and we are members of the Body of the Messiah.

StoveBolts said:
dan p said:

Slight correction dan. They were to become Noahides and had to obey the 7 laws of Noah, not the 613 that the Jews had to obey per Torah.

You see,for a Jew, being a Jew meant / means being of the seed of Abraham. A form of elitism that say's that if one were not of Abraham's seed, one could not be Jewish which if you think about it this is a correct statement along the lines that I am white, and I cannot be hispanic regardless of how I act... Study up on it and you will find that Noahides could only enter into the Temple for worship as far Court of Gentiles... That was it.

Taking this into consideration, Peter had a vision from God in where unclean food was presented in front of him, and he was told to eat. When he awoke, somebody was knocking on his door...

If you look at the Exodus account, we see that for the first time, God claims a nation as his own, and even calls that nation his first born son. That nation was Israel in keeping to the covenant with Abram. It served it's purpose for out of Israel came the Messiah Jesus where the promise to make Abraham a Father of many nations was fullfilled. You see, the curtain to the holy of holies was torn upon the death of Jesus and thus, we all have access to the holy of holies for truly, the Spirit dwells within us... and we are members of the Body of the Messiah.

Hi Steve Bolts , since I have never heard that term "Noahides " and its 7 laws , caqn you provide a verse for me that I might study and where it says that they could not enter the temple , thank you , dan p

dan p said:
Hi to all , and most believers that hold to Matt 28:19 , a question for you ???

The Context of Matthew and its so-called great commissiom in verse 16 is Jesus disciples , so how clear is that , and can you find Gentiles HERE ????

And in verse 19 , He tells Jews to go and TEACH all ETHENOS which are Gentiles , and Baptizing them !!!!

Where does it say that Gentiles are to teach and Baptize , HERE ??????

This commissiom is given to Jews and who will tell me what verse I missed where Gentiles is found in THIS VERSE ?????

Than what means v20 , teaching them to obsreve ALL THINGS whtsoever I have command you , and what is this ?????
In the context of Matthew, but understand the gospels are community writings, there is no call to preach to the Gentiles. Jesus as we know his words in Matthew was quite clear in his views towards Gentiles and it was pretty much akin with every other Jew in context.

7 laws of Noah
http://www.becomingjewish.org/7laws.html#laws

Law #1: Prohibition of idolatry and Law #2: Prohibition of blasphemy
This can be derived from Genesis 4:26

Law #3: Prohibition of theft
Clearly stated in Genesis 6:11 as one of the direct reasons for the flood

Law #4: Prohibition of murder
This one is pretty simple. Cain kills Abel...Cain is punished. And again in Genesis 4:23-24 Lamech rues over the punishment he will receive for committing an accidental murder. Also Genesis 9:6 Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man his blood shall be shed...' This also is a reference to the establishment of courts....if one commits murder, then it is up to the courts to convict and punish.

Law #5: Prohibition of sexual misconduct
Genesis 1:28.

Law #6: Prohibition of eating live meat
This law is clearly stated in Genesis 9:4 'But flesh, with its soul its blood you shall not eat.'

Law #7: Prohibition of failing to establish courts of justice
From Genesis 1:28

If we look at Acts 15, wee see the additional commandments that are given to Gentile Believers from the Apostles.
Acts 15:29 that you abstain from meat that has been sacrificed to idols and from blood and from what has been strangled and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from doing these things, you will do well. Farewell.

As far as the court of the Gentiles, just do a quick google search for a nice picture. That being said, we have a case in Acts 21 where Paul is accused of bringing gentiles (Goyim) into the inner courts of the temple...

As far as why the goyim (gentiles) were not allowed in the inner courts, that's a huge study in itself but basically boils down to the Jew's being the chosen nation of YHVH and it was through Moses that the Jews were told to build the temple along with all it's furnishing etc. In short, it's more theological.

Acts 21:28 shouting, “Men of Israel, help! This is the man who teaches everyone everywhere against our people, our law, and this sanctuary! Furthermore he has brought Greeks into the inner courts of the temple and made this holy place ritually unclean!â€

This is one aspect as to why the curtain was torn upon the death of Jesus.
Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Hence, both Jews and Gentiles now have access to the holy of holies.

Hope this helps.

Back