Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Where is the Ark of the Covenant?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
In the Ark of the Covenant was placed the 2 stone tablets of God‘s Commandments, the rod of Aaron that budded, and the manna. Each one of these represent the Word of God for the Stone was the Word, Aaron’s rod that budded represents the priests of God who know the Word and the manna from heaven is the Bread of life, the Word of life that we are to feed upon.
The Ark of the Covenant had two cherubim one at one end and one at the other end on the opposite sides of the mercy seat that was over( covered) the articles housed in the Ark.
Who do we know as the Mercy seat of God?
Who is called the Stone?
Who is the Rod?
Who is the Manna from heaven aka the Bread of life?
Are they not all the Christ? The Word of God whom became flesh and dwelt among us?
Take a look at what scripture reveals to us regarding who the Ark of the Covenant is:
John 20:11 But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,
12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
KJV
807445481_o.jpg

Here is where the Bible says the Ark is, it is in the temple in heaven and Who is the temple?

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
KJV
Blessings

Interesting...The idea that the angels were in the same position as the cherubims over the mercy seat had escaped me till now. Very thought provoking.

Good analogy, words to prayerfully mediate on and appropriate into our lives,

...just one addition, almond trees are the first trees to bloom in springtime, hence the almond is a type of the resurrection.

Personally, I believe the earthly ark will not be found, in spite of the rumors of its existence. Jeremiah 3:16 says "And it shall come to pass, when you have multiplied and increased in the land in those days, says Jehovah, that they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of Jehovah! Nor shall it come to mind; nor shall they remember it; nor shall they seek it; nor shall it be made anymore."

The manna that was in the Ark is Christ
tablet of the laws are now written on our hearts
Aarons rod of almond speaks of first fruits
The arc and its contents are part of the first covenant

Heb 9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
Heb 9:5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
Heb 9:6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
Heb 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Axum Ethiopia claims to have it, in January of every year thousands of Levite priests go there, sing songs for 24 hour straight and celebrate the Baptism of Jesus, the Ethiopian records state Joesph, Mary and Jesus visited there when they were hiding from Herod, they say they will present it to the Messiah when He comes back, ...presents a plausible explanation as to the reason why the Ethiopian Treasurer visited Jerusalem and Phillip was sent to give him the Gospel.

:twocents

That's right, this is Bible Study!

Okay, here's the story, Josiah King of Israel went to war with Pharaoh Neco, who was on his way to help the Assyrians to help them defeat Nebuchadnezzar at Carchemish. Pharaoh Neco asked him what was he doing, because God was with him to defeat Nebuchadnezzar, Josiah didn't listen and was killed in battle. 2 Chron 35.

The queen of Sheba visited Solomon and had a son by him named Menelik, later he went to visit his father and stayed a couple of years, when he left a few first born noble sons or some Levite priests afraid it would be destroyed (depending which story you hear, I question how nobles sons could steal the ark from the Holiest of Holies) stole the Ark and hid it in the caravan, when Menelik learned of the Ark he reasoned, since they hadn't been harmed by it's presence, that is was okay to take it back to Ethiopia.

In 642BC the ark was reported to be on Elephantine Island, Egypt, then transferred to Tana Kirkos Island, Ethiopia in 470BC and finally moved to Akum, Ethiopia in 330AD and is housed in a secret chamber of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church called The Church of our Lady Mary of Zion.

For all of those centuries they held the Ark waiting to present it to the Messiah, when they heard Messiah was in Israel could it be Candace sent her Treasurer to see if it was true so that the Ark could be returned? When he learned Messiah had been killed he was returning to Ethiopia confused, Phillip was sent to him by the Holy Spirit to explain the second coming of Jesus Christ, yet future, and we know the rest of the story, ...he was saved and baptized.

Interesting story, not going to say it's true or not, but I question if it is a hoax how could they keep the truth from leaking over these last 2650 years?

nope no joking making a point.. if the arc is still around it is nothing but an empty shell .. pretty one but still empty

I understand, I'm not saying it's true or not, there are a couple of verses in the Old Testament that could be taken that the Ethiopians will bring a present to the Messiah when He returns, it's one of those subjects will will just have to wait and see.

The Ark is a throne.

Exodus 25:22: the Lord says he will speak to Moses from between the cherubim, but "above" the mercy seat.
Leviticus 16:2: the Lord says he will appear in a cloud above (or upon or over) the mercy seat.
I Samuel 4:4: the Lord is enthroned "above" or "upon" the cherubim.
II Samuel 6:2: the same or nearly the same expression is used.
II Kings 19:15: Hezekiah prays to the God of Israel "enthroned above the cherubim."
Psalms 99:1: the Lord "sits enthroned upon the cherubim."
See also Isaiah 37:16.

The Ark is a throne.

Exodus 25:22: the Lord says he will speak to Moses from between the cherubim, but "above" the mercy seat.
Leviticus 16:2: the Lord says he will appear in a cloud above (or upon or over) the mercy seat.
I Samuel 4:4: the Lord is enthroned "above" or "upon" the cherubim.
II Samuel 6:2: the same or nearly the same expression is used.
II Kings 19:15: Hezekiah prays to the God of Israel "enthroned above the cherubim."
Psalms 99:1: the Lord "sits enthroned upon the cherubim."
See also Isaiah 37:16.
Ireland where Jeremiah took princess Tea Tephi after Zedekiah's sons were killed. The royal family had to survive and has to be on earth somewhere today...
Jer 33:17 For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

Jesus is the physical descendant of David who sits upon the throne of the house of Israel.

There is no 'royal family' that survived without serving Babylon.
Jer 27:8 - And it shall come to pass, that the nation and kingdom which will not serve the same Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, and that will not put their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, that nation will I punish, saith the LORD, with the sword, and with the famine, and with the pestilence, until I have consumed them by his hand.
Jer 27:9 - Therefore hearken not ye to your prophets, nor to your diviners, nor to your dreamers, nor to your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers, which speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon:
Jer 27:10 - For they prophesy a lie unto you, to remove you far from your land; and that I should drive you out, and ye should perish.​

I think she's making the point that JESUS is the ark of the Covenant. Which he is. And we are the Temple in which that Ark resides.

The rod signifies his God given authority. The Tablets signify the Word that dwells perfectly in him. And, of course, in him is the manna upon which feed and are sustained in our Rest.

For now we carry the Ark--Jesus--around, place to place, in the tent of our bodies through this desert journey. But one day we will enter into the Land, and the Ark will then reside in the permanent tabernacle of our glorified bodies forever and ever.

The Mercy Seat atop the ark of the covenant is also a prophetic artifact depicting the slab in the tomb where Jesus' body laid three days and three nights.

John 20:12 (KJV)
12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

We do not have scripture (that I am aware of any way) stating that Jesus (God the Word) is the middle person in the Godhead (though typically placed there in references i.e. Father, SON, Holy Spirit). But he is usually in the middle when among two others. The mount of transfiguration has him between Moses and Elijah. He was on the middle cross in the crucifixion. Etc. And between the two cherubs in the tomb.

nope no joking making a point.. if the arc is still around it is nothing but an empty shell .. pretty one but still empty

There are some that claimed they saw the ark under an ancient dump by the north wall of the old city of Jerusalem called Jeremiah's grotto. They that claimed to see it said it was worn out, misshapen, the wood having mostly rotted away, and there had been several weighty stones placed over it to conceal it from the many marauders over the millennia.

Can't say I believe or disbelieve it.

Back