Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study which of these books is the word of God ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
M

Mugen

which of these books is the word of God ?

CATHOLIC BOOKS 73 BOOK
,PROTOSTANTBOOKS 66BOOK
ORTHODOX BOOKS 81 BOOK
or EAST EUROPEAN 87 book

Ahh....very good question.

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

These "books" you mention, they are but mere words recorded down that make one wise for salvation through the true and living Word of God.

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Hbr 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

Col 1:15-16 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him.

So you see, any "books" that specifically point to the true Word of God, are books that are able to make us 'wise unto salvation' and are 'profitable for correction, training, and doctrine'.

So does that mean any book that makes one "wise unto salvation" can be considered the word of God? like say for instance, the Left Behind series or some other contemporary christian work - or maybe even the book mormon?

Lol. Thats funny. No offense. I understand what you are saying, but it did make me chuckle.

Yes/No. Yes, I believe with all of my heart that the "books" we currently have are not all of the books that God has inspired. But they are the ones we know about right now. No, I do not believe that the 'Left Behind' series can make ANYONE wise for salvation. If anything, they may help to give light to some false teachings for those who are truly searching.

Book of morman? Uh...nope. I highly doubt some book about one man's hallucination's will make anyone wise.

What I am saying is that the Scriptures we know of can, and will, make one wise. Are there anymore out there? I have no clue if there are any left still in existence. But what we do have speaks directly to who the Living and Active Word of God is. Jesus the Christ.

I would say the KJV.

Coz God made it the most popular book in the history of mankind.

(although 'left behind' may be catching up..lol)

Still love you Mugen!

....love that name.................Mugen. :)

Now thats more like it - that is more along the lines of what other christians have told me - it seems to me evangelicals have view that is less schoalrly then the other churches (thats not meant as an insult by the way) - The impression I have gotten from evangelicals is that the books that are in the Protestant Bible now are the word of God, because God put them there, now, for us to read - its a very presumptive excuse, presuming that the bible contains no human error, mistakes, or deception - Its like asking a scientist:
"Why is the Sun Hot?"

- "Because its the sun"

"And why is it the sun?"

- "Because its Hot"

No offense taken, but you are misrepresenting me. I never said, or alluded to, the "Bible" as we know it to be only what God put together for us. What I did say, and intend to put forward, is that those Scriptures that point to and show forth the only begotten Son of God, Jesus the Christ, those Scriptures and 'books' are inspired, but they are not "the" Word of God. The Word of God is none other than Christ Himself. The "Word of God" is living.

I am not sure, but I can bet if you pull out any of those 'books' listed above, along with any others you can get your hands on, they will not give a 'pulse' or a 'heartbeat'.

I will not say that the "Bible" as we know it is full of errors. I have studied it for a little while now, and I cannot find any myself. It has always accomplished what it says. It has never failed to provide true spiritual food for me. But what I will say is that it is NOT the Word of God. But IT IS the inspired 'words of God'.

which of these books is the word of God ?

CATHOLIC BOOKS 73 BOOK
,PROTOSTANTBOOKS 66BOOK
ORTHODOX BOOKS 81 BOOK
or EAST EUROPEAN 87 book
Dear Mugen, God bless you. What do you mean by the word "EAST EUROPEAN 87 books"? Which version of the Bible is that? I have heard of the Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant versions of the Bible. The ETHIOPIAN CANON of the OT and the NT is longer than that of the GREEK ORTHODOX CHURCH. It has Jubilees and Enoch in the OT, and some extra books even in the NT beyond the 27 books that Protestants Catholics and Orthodox Christians all AGREE ON. In Erie Scott H.
:nod:pray

Back