Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

White Supremacists Heads Explode...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I might have gotten the wrong person I will need to dive into it so I can find the exact quote, I know similar things have been said like from O'Rouke: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...against-gay-marriage-should-lose-tax-n1065186. But doesn't match that statement exactly which I'll admit.

What is you're point though?
Honesty isn't just the best policy. It's safer. Ketanji Brown isn't even in those articles. You must have gotten that story about Brown from somewhere. Link?

BTW, James Madison agreed with Beto. He felt that churches should not be tax-exempt.

During the 19th Century, opposition to churches retaining property tax exemptions was expressed by at least three US presidents: James Madison, James Garfield, and Ulysses S. Grant.

From a libertarian perspective, I can see why. If they were not subsidized by the government, the government could not restrict them from politicking.

Not quite, more of a John MacArthur line and as you demand of me, where is the proof to back up everything you just said? And you missed anatomy and physiology.
I'll grab you some resources when I'm more awake. Work is brutal right now. I'll shoot ya a dm. I simplified post to biology since both anatomy and phys are subjects within biology.

3. That's not the argument that is made sir, if your chromosomes are XY, you are a male and if their XX you are a female. What's "preached" is that if despite the fact I have the natural anatomy at birth of a male and the biological chromosomes of XY (male), I feel like a girl, I like dolls, I like girl clothes, so since I feel this way therefore I am a female. Chromosomes don't care about your feelings. Anatomy doesn't care about your feelings. And you can talk about hormone blockers and other anatomy changers but that's artificial, and thus unnatural occurences caused by human intervention. A man will never produce ovia or milk, neither will a woman ever produce sperm. A man will never get pregnant despite what tik tok or lil nas projects, a man will never have a period. A woman will never be able to impregnate another woman. [/quote] This is where we start getting into the weeds. The concept of biological sex ( sexual dimorphism) is where chromosomes come in. For the grand magority of the population your sex and gender match. Gender is the social expression of roles mixed with the genetic foundation. Trans people develope gender dysphoria because for some reason their brains tell them they should be the opposite sex. So far the cause is still widely disputed and being researched, however it's common enough that psychologists recognize its a phenomenon that happens to about 1%of the population.

So you can perform as feminime or masculine as you want and have all the mannerisms you want, but that just makes you an effeminate male of masculine female, not a trans. The philosophy of "I feel therefore I am" never is valid especially (in the case of younger people) it's more pressuring environments that mold them into what they think they feel.
As far as I am aware (and my position is willing to change as I learn as itvhas many times), that's for trans people it's more about coping with something they can't control and transitioning helps. I think the " I feel therefore I am" is a gross over simplification of the topic consider Trans, gender non conforming, and non binary people tens to get lumped together. I see the 3 groups as different. I see trans people as people that have a medical condition, gender non conformist s as people that buck tends and non binary people as people in-between those 2. Online discourse is a mess because the lines between these 3 are blurry and it's hard to tell when we are talking about which one.

Name one (one who hasn't let social and political propaganda get in the way of their science).
A controversial figure would be Kinsey. I definatley disagree with some of his methods, ethics, and points of view, but he was trying to do a good faith effort into understanding sex, gender, and how these concepts are impacted by both psychology and Biology. A lot of his research is very outdated, but laid the foundation for people to do further research.

I'll grab you some resources when I'm more awake. Work is brutal right now. I'll shoot ya a dm. I simplified post to biology since both anatomy and phys are subjects within biology.

3. That's not the argument that is made sir, if your chromosomes are XY, you are a male and if their XX you are a female. What's "preached" is that if despite the fact I have the natural anatomy at birth of a male and the biological chromosomes of XY (male), I feel like a girl, I like dolls, I like girl clothes, so since I feel this way therefore I am a female. Chromosomes don't care about your feelings. Anatomy doesn't care about your feelings. And you can talk about hormone blockers and other anatomy changers but that's artificial, and thus unnatural occurences caused by human intervention. A man will never produce ovia or milk, neither will a woman ever produce sperm. A man will never get pregnant despite what tik tok or lil nas projects, a man will never have a period. A woman will never be able to impregnate another woman.
This is where we start getting into the weeds. The concept of biological sex ( sexual dimorphism) is where chromosomes come in. For the grand magority of the population your sex and gender match. Gender is the social expression of roles mixed with the genetic foundation. Trans people develope gender dysphoria because for some reason their brains tell them they should be the opposite sex. So far the cause is still widely disputed and being researched, however it's common enough that psychologists recognize its a phenomenon that happens to about 1%of the population.

As far as I am aware (and my position is willing to change as I learn as itvhas many times), that's for trans people it's more about coping with something they can't control and transitioning helps. I think the " I feel therefore I am" is a gross over simplification of the topic consider Trans, gender non conforming, and non binary people tens to get lumped together. I see the 3 groups as different. I see trans people as people that have a medical condition, gender non conformist s as people that buck tends and non binary people as people in-between those 2. Online discourse is a mess because the lines between these 3 are blurry and it's hard to tell when we are talking about which one.

A controversial figure would be Kinsey. I definatley disagree with some of his methods, ethics, and points of view, but he was trying to do a good faith effort into understanding sex, gender, and how these concepts are impacted by both psychology and Biology. A lot of his research is very outdated, but laid the foundation for people to do further research.
[/QUOTE]

1. Alright I guess.

2. You're analysis would be correct if the factors of pressurizing environments weren't existed and autonomous cognitive functions were fully in effect. Meaning the children who are influenced into transgenderism by their lgbt activists parents, teachers, and etc who are molding the tender child into their image. And if it were true that the brain just made decisions on it's own then that would work as well.

I can garuntee this: Raise one child in a regular environment, treat them as their chromosomes are, and live a regular life.

Then raise another child who you constantly try to engrave you're transgenderism ideologies into their unhardenned cement of a mind, give a boy dolls and dresses and a girl tomboy clothes, praise them when they say they are the opposite sex of their chromosomes and see which one "identifies" as transgender or who is more likely. That's why instead of arguing cemented brain grown ups the lgbt movement heads for the children. Just because a 3 year old boy plays with a doll doesn't mean "I knew I was a girls since I was 3", no! A 3 year old will play with anything! If he plays with a socket, does that make him electricity? No. I can have inclinations, but am I to act on them? If my brain tells me I am a frog, do I do so? (Look up videos of people identifying as other things, specifically frog and demon I've seen). Same with homosexuality and heterosexuality, I have urges, everything in my body is telling me to charge, I feel like I can't help it, but do I really have to act on them, I can't just practice self-control/discipline?

I don't respect a movement that tries to overcomplicate very simple ideas as an excuse. Just research any person who detransitioned. It's a choice and usually aided by pressure, because since the lgbt can't reproduce (except for straight bi's) they have to recruit otherwise. Trans people are trans because they want to be trans or they've been indoctrinated into trans ideology not because they just can't help it. And bringing God into the equation, they can't help it because of the sin nature innate into all humans, you, I, and everyone. We get the inclinations, God gets the inclinations as Jesus faced every temptation (Hebrews 4:15), but he overcame them all.

So to reel in all that gibberish. The brain functionality point you brought up is a fancy way of saying they have inclinations, but the question is, do we obey them? The brain has tons of inclinations outside of gender, but do we obey them?

This is where we start getting into the weeds. The concept of biological sex ( sexual dimorphism) is where chromosomes come in. For the grand magority of the population your sex and gender match. Gender is the social expression of roles mixed with the genetic foundation. Trans people develope gender dysphoria because for some reason their brains tell them they should be the opposite sex. So far the cause is still widely disputed and being researched, however it's common enough that psychologists recognize its a phenomenon that happens to about 1%of the population.

1. Alright I guess.

2. You're analysis would be correct if the factors of pressurizing environments weren't existed and autonomous cognitive functions were fully in effect. Meaning the children who are influenced into transgenderism by their lgbt activists parents, teachers, and etc who are molding the tender child into their image. And if it were true that the brain just made decisions on it's own then that would work as well.

I can garuntee this: Raise one child in a regular environment, treat them as their chromosomes are, and live a regular life.

Then raise another child who you constantly try to engrave you're transgenderism ideologies into their unhardenned cement of a mind, give a boy dolls and dresses and a girl tomboy clothes, praise them when they say they are the opposite sex of their chromosomes and see which one "identifies" as transgender or who is more likely. That's why instead of arguing cemented brain grown ups the lgbt movement heads for the children. Just because a 3 year old boy plays with a doll doesn't mean "I knew I was a girls since I was 3", no! A 3 year old will play with anything! If he plays with a socket, does that make him electricity? No. I can have inclinations, but am I to act on them? If my brain tells me I am a frog, do I do so? (Look up videos of people identifying as other things, specifically frog and demon I've seen). Same with homosexuality and heterosexuality, I have urges, everything in my body is telling me to charge, I feel like I can't help it, but do I really have to act on them, I can't just practice self-control/discipline?

I don't respect a movement that tries to overcomplicate very simple ideas as an excuse. Just research any person who detransitioned. It's a choice and usually aided by pressure, because since the lgbt can't reproduce (except for straight bi's) they have to recruit otherwise. Trans people are trans because they want to be trans or they've been indoctrinated into trans ideology not because they just can't help it. And bringing God into the equation, they can't help it because of the sin nature innate into all humans, you, I, and everyone. We get the inclinations, God gets the inclinations as Jesus faced every temptation (Hebrews 4:15), but he overcame them all.

So to reel in all that gibberish. The brain functionality point you brought up is a fancy way of saying they have inclinations, but the question is, do we obey them? The brain has tons of inclinations outside of gender, but do we obey them?
[/QUOTE]
I really want to respond to thus, but I have one more question before I decide if its a waste of time..

Do you believe mental illness is real?

As in schizophrenia. OCD, ADHD, etc?

Or are these just fancy talk?

WE DON'T USE THE /QUOTE SYSTEM.

TO REPLY TO A STATEMENT:
GO TO THE END OF THE STATEMENT.
PRESS "ENTER" 2 TIMES.

A SPACE WILL BE CREATED FOR YOU TO REPLY TO THE STATEMENT.

As in schizophrenia. OCD, ADHD, etc?
Yes, however as a Christian I personally believe that "mental" illnesses are a "leave-God-out-of-it" way of saying spiritual strongholds, or demonic oppression/possesion. But I do believe infirmities like that can happen like PTSD

Yes, however as a Christian I personally believe that "mental" illnesses are a "leave-God-out-of-it" way of saying spiritual strongholds, or demonic oppression/possesion. But I do believe infirmities like that can happen like PTSD
PTSD has mania ,, depression and also paranoia for some .

Ok, just wanted to see where you stood on that first. Dysphoria is a mental illness woth various types, body and gender just being 2 of them. I don't think people choose these things. I didnt choose to be attracted to men instead.of women. Puberty just rolled that way. I was raised in a red blooded American household by my Vietnam vet grandfather and I work trades. I don't support teachers trying to get kids into gender therapy behind a parent's back, I don't think you can just make people trans. Kids might be kids and pretend for like a week, but if they aren't trans I'm pretty sure they will get bored of it fast.

Why can't anyone just post an article about an event. Sorry not mad at you. I just get frustrated because it's been brow beet into me that sources are amazing. I pike to read sources to get a full picture.
I posted some youtube stuff.
Did you see it?
I wasn't here yesterday so you might have answered already....
I really think you're just closed off to it.

It's not worth talking about anymore. You see how they operate. Why should we care what they think? Why should we even try to persuade them?

We should impose our will. They do the same to us everyday. Did they ever ask you for permission to bring drag queens into public school? Did they ever ask before teaching young children about gay sex and transgenderism?

Of course not. They simply do it. Well it turns out, the nationalist right was correct this whole time. We saw what was happening years ago, and we sounded the alarm. But we were silenced and called extreme and far right. Not by the left, but by the conservative right!

So you might as well try to enjoy it because this is what conservatives helped cultivate by trying to be more inclusive and tolerant of stupid left wing ideas. Enjoy the circus and be sure to get some popcorn.

arm5nW6_460s.jpg
Was away yesterday.
can't remember if I replied to the above.
You stated something important:
"this is what conservatives helped cultivate by trying to be more inclusive and tolerant of stupid left wing ideas. Enjoy the circus and be sure to get some popcorn."

Right. And my brother lives in NYC, where I used to live, and from what he tells me it IS a circus.
Not the kind you can enjoy with popcorn.

New York ,that region has those springs forth the locusts that consume my state and forever foul it up .

A new poll shows that most people think "woke" is a positive term.

A majority of Americans in a new poll have a positive association with the term “woke,” understanding it to mean “to be informed, educated on, and aware of social injustices.”

A very wise man once said, "There are lies, damnable lies and statistics." I agree. Polls are notoriously easy to manipulate in order to show what the pollster desires to show. They propose to offer "hard statistics" on the state-of-affairs they focus on, but generally, they are just tools of propaganda operating as "fact."

No one I know of thinks "woke" is a positive term. As far as I'm aware, they universally understand the term to refer to neo-Marxist madness insinuated into western culture under the guise of "equity, inclusion, and diversity," manifesting in increasing division, delusion and degeneration of western society.

Anyone with their eyes open can see behind "wokeness" the cultural manipulation of communist regimes and organizations like the WEF and the CCP.

A very wise man once said, "There are lies, damnable lies and statistics." I agree. Polls are notoriously easy to manipulate in order to show what the pollster desires to show. They propose to offer "hard statistics" on the state-of-affairs they focus on, but generally, they are just tools of propaganda operating as "fact."

No one I know of thinks "woke" is a positive term. As far as I'm aware, they universally understand the term to refer to neo-Marxist madness insinuated into western culture under the guise of "equity, inclusion, and diversity," manifesting in increasing division, delusion and degeneration of western society.

Anyone with their eyes open can see behind "wokeness" the cultural manipulation of communist regimes and organizations like the WEF and the CCP.
John stossel has a good video on dei and how people now won't talk to Any minority .

Businesses spend millions of dollars every year on such polls, precisely because they are dependable measures of what people think.

Notice that well over a third of Americans thought of it negatively. So, depending with whom you associate, you might well not know anyone who is aware of it as a positive word.

I posted some youtube stuff.
Did you see it?
I wasn't here yesterday so you might have answered already....
I really think you're just closed off to it.
I saw it and I do follow de transition stuff, because I do care about the topic. The vid about the hospital has been what I have been refering to about Matt Walsh's lies. Boston's children hospital doesn't do sex reassignment surgery on children. Walsh has defended his lambasting by saying that it's possible they might in the future. In short it's not the protesting that is the problem, but that multiple bomb and death threats were sent based on a lie.

Was away yesterday.
can't remember if I replied to the above.
You stated something important:
"this is what conservatives helped cultivate by trying to be more inclusive and tolerant of stupid left wing ideas. Enjoy the circus and be sure to get some popcorn."

Right. And my brother lives in NYC, where I used to live, and from what he tells me it IS a circus.
Not the kind you can enjoy with popcorn.
There was a time when I wanted to visit NYC. In the early 2000's, when Rudy Juliani was in charge, the city was doing well and crime was down. But now you couldn't pay me to go there.

Conservatives voters don't have much choice. It's either vote Republican or don't vote at all. So I can't really blame them for wanting someone, anyone, to fight for the values that they believe in.

That's why a large number of Christians support Trump. They recognize he's not some holier than thou type of character or even a Christian himself. He's an a******. But that's what they like about him.

I think that if republicans could vote for somebody like Mike Pence and believe that he would fight for them, they would. Optics wise, Trump isn't a good look for the Republican party. This is why Ron DeSantis, should who choose to run, has a real chance at convincing republican voters to abandon Trump.

But I think at the end of the day, republican voters just want somebody that's going to fight for them like democrats fight for the left.

Republicans want to have a say in matters like drag queen story hour. There was never a vote or anyway to object to this new addition to the school. Democrats just do it and say well, we don't care if you don't like it and at the same time, they're telling us how wonderful our democracy is. Well it's certainly wonderful for one side, but it's hell for the other.

There was a time when I wanted to visit NYC. In the early 2000's, when Rudy Juliani was in charge, the city was doing well and crime was down. But now you couldn't pay me to go there.

Conservatives voters don't have much choice. It's either vote Republican or don't vote at all. So I can't really blame them for wanting someone, anyone, to fight for the values that they believe in.

That's why a large number of Christians support Trump. They recognize he's not some holier than thou type of character or even a Christian himself. He's an a******. But that's what they like about him.

I think that if republicans could vote for somebody like Mike Pence and believe that he would fight for them, they would. Optics wise, Trump isn't a good look for the Republican party. This is why Ron DeSantis, should who choose to run, has a real chance at convincing republican voters to abandon Trump.

But I think at the end of the day, republican voters just want somebody that's going to fight for them like democrats fight for the left.

Republicans want to have a say in matters like drag queen story hour. There was never a vote or anyway to object to this new addition to the school. Democrats just do it and say well, we don't care if you don't like it and at the same time, they're telling us how wonderful our democracy is. Well it's certainly wonderful for one side, but it's hell for the other.
They are drumming the machine against desantis .finding any dirt they can.

Ie the torture of force feeding which team Obama -biden continued despite being told it was torture

While Im not a fan of that court bill that is pro insurance ,home owner insurance is not something the left would solve anyway .the state can't be in the hook for everyone . Crist would have been horrible.

Hey Riven, I was trying to find where a Drag Queen story hour was done in a school, and the only thing I found was this.

In the article is states that parents were told about the possible event before hand and wanted to hear opinions and concerns. Then if the event was schedules the parents could opt their kids out.

That would be kind of strange, seeing as NY City crime has falllen significantly since Giuliani left office:
iu

I always thought that conservatives were opposed to crime. Other than crimes their leaders do, I mean. Why would lower crime keep you from coming to the city?

I guess it's his boasting about getting away with sexual assault and his repeated adulteries. Some sects don't see that as an issue. Most of us do, though.
Republicans want to have a say in matters like drag queen story hour.
Or mermaids who aren't the right color, or unsexy M&M characters, or electric stoves, or "woke" or whatever has the snowflakes worked up about this week...
Democrats just do it and say well, we don't care if you don't like it and at the same time, they're telling us how wonderful our democracy is.
I guess to people of some cultures, democracy is pretty scary. Russia or North Korea or China really, really don't like it. They even spend a lot of money, trying to get their ideas supported by their sympathizers in America. Judging by the last few elections, it's not doing very well.

De santis has issues but none of these leftist here will reduce or fix the problems .

Irc under Crist Mr flip flopping, fpl got their rate increases .yes the left here is pushing that. Fpl .locally I was forced to change jobs because of a sale to them .they all leftists here were beating the drum of the city should sell to fpl .

Knowing the psc is very much a subsidiary of fpl . There were exceptions of both sides of the aisle on that and the irony here is I am anti fpl . I get the lower rates but well after the last storm .

Fpl responses for fires caused by down lines was abysmall.

I point this out to show how they oversimplified their criticism and clear their candidates of doing the exact same thing .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back