Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is Jesus Christ?

Who is Jesus Christ?

• A. Jesus Christ is God

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Jesus Christ is man

• D. Jesus Christ is the Son of man

• E. Jesus Christ is all of the above

• F. Jesus Christ is none of the above

• G. Jesus Christ is <blank> (Choose appropriate letter above that fits your belief)

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Solo

Who is Jesus Christ?

Is Jesus Christ God?
Is Jesus Christ the Son of God?
Is Jesus Christ man?
Is Jesus Christ the Son of Man?

Who is Jesus Christ?

Please give Scripture references for your answer. Thank you.

Answer = E. Jesus Christ is all of the above.

Jesus Christ is Lord God.

And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. Revelation 4:8

Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. Revelation 11:17

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Matthew 4:5-7

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:1-14

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: Deuteronomy 6:4

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark 12:29

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. 1 Corinthians 8:6

One Lord, one faith, one baptism, Ephesians 4:5

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:28-29

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:4

Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. 29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? Matthew 8:28-29

Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
Matthew 14:33

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John 5:25

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:5

Jesus Christ is man.

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. Romans 5:15

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 1 Timothy 2:5

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: Acts 2:22

Jesus Christ is the Son of man.

But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house. Matthew 9:6

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. Matthew 12:8

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matthew 12:40

8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: 9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. Luke 12:8-9

14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. Revelation 14:14

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. Revelation 1:11-13

Since this is a Christian forum, I have requested that Scripture be used to quantify one's answer to the poll. One answered that Jesus Christ is the Son of man.

Please post a Scripture and explanation for your answer. Thank you.

Solo said:
Since this is a Christian forum, I have requested that Scripture be used to quantify one's answer to the poll. One answered that Jesus Christ is the Son of man.

Please post a Scripture and explanation for your answer. Thank you.
Did you not just post Scripture that explained that Jesus was the Son of Man that was referred to in the Book of Daniel?

Gideon feared that he would die because, in seeing the Angel of the Lord , he had seen God (Judges. 6:22, 23).

Gideon prepared an offering of a young goat and of unleavened bread. When the Angel ... touched the offering with his staff and it was consumed by fire, Gideon knew he was in the Lords presence and feared he would die. But the Lord assured him with the words Peace be with you, and Gideon there upon built an altar and named the place Jehovah-Shalom (The-Lord-Is-Peace). Now I ask. Would an Angel who is not God allow himself to be sacraficed to? The Answer is NO. The Angel of the Lord is clearly Jesus Christ.

Judges 6:22-23 Now Gideon perceived that He was the Angel of the Lord. So Gideon said, "Alas, O Lord God! For I have seen the Angel of the Lord face to face."

Then the Lord said to him, "Peace be with you; do not fear, you shall not die."

Ryan Collins said:
Did you not just post Scripture that explained that Jesus was the Son of Man that was referred to in the Book of Daniel?
Yes. Is that your only selection; that Jesus was only the Son of man?

mutzrein said:
Can't vote with only those options.

Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus was the Son of Man.
Your answer fits selection G. Wrong again! :wink:

It is not all Jesus was, but he was the Son of Man. Anyone can select any of the options regarding Son of God, Son of Man, etc., and be correct. It seems like you just want to start an argument.

Jesus Christ is the ''creator''...We see this in Genesis 1:1 but only people with the Holy Spirit indwelling them will see it in ''this'' verse...

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Ryan Collins said:
It is not all Jesus was, but he was the Son of Man. Anyone can select any of the options regarding Son of God, Son of Man, etc., and be correct. It seems like you just want to start an argument.
It sounds like you do not understand the poll instructions. Evidently you have never taken a multiple choice test before. In this test, there is only one right answer. I have given a great hint with my first post. Let me know if I can help you understand each option after you slowly read through each one for clarity. Option G is for one to select and post which option or options best fit their belief. The choice of options give one the ability to answer every single belief available to man.

Solo said:
Your answer fits selection G. Wrong again! :wink:

What? If I chose G which says, "Jesus Christ is <blank> (Choose appropriate letter above that fits your belief)" why would I not choose the appropriate letter instead.

The fact is your choices only allow inclusion of the answers YOU THINK people should have.

mutzrein said:
What? If I chose G which says, "Jesus Christ is <blank> (Choose appropriate letter above that fits your belief)" why would I not choose the appropriate letter instead.

The fact is your choices only allow inclusion of the answers YOU THINK people should have.

You are kidding right?!! Or you are intentionally making this seem difficult, or ........!

There are no other choices available to mankind than that which has been offered for answers:

A. Jesus Christ is God
B. Jesus Christ is the Son of God
C. Jesus Christ is man
D. Jesus Christ is the Son of man
E. Jesus Christ is all of the above
F. Jesus Christ is none of the above
G. Jesus Christ is <blank> (Choose appropriate letter above that fits your belief)

If Jesus Christ is God, select A. If Jesus Christ is the Son of God, select B. If Jesus Christ is man, select C. If Jesus Christ is the Son of man, select D. If Jesus Christ is all of the above answers A, B, C, D, select E. If Jesus Christ is none of the above answers A, B, C, D, or E, select F. If Jesus Christ is different than one of the answers stated in A through F, select G and explain.

If I felt that Jesus Christ was someone else in addition to E, I would select G; and in my post I would answer that I selected G because Jesus Christ is appropriate letter with explanation, and appropriate letter with explanation, etc.. Also include the Scriptures to back up your position as is requested in the poll.

This poll is really not that difficult, at least with most. :wink:

While you correct your answer according to the instuctions, perhaps you could also answer if you believe that the Word is a person. In other words, is the noun that John uses in describing that Jesus Christ is the Word who was with God and is God a person before the Word became flesh.

Solo said:
You are kidding right?!! Or you are intentionally making this seem difficult, or ........!

There are no other choices available to mankind than that which has been offered for answers:

A. Jesus Christ is God
B. Jesus Christ is the Son of God
C. Jesus Christ is man
D. Jesus Christ is the Son of man
E. Jesus Christ is all of the above
F. Jesus Christ is none of the above
G. Jesus Christ is <blank> (Choose appropriate letter above that fits your belief)

No, not kidding at all. I'm just one of those pedantic types. Your options were askew.

Here are my responses to your statements.

A. Disagree
B. Agree
C. Disagree.
D. Disagree. He WAS the son of man.
E. Disagree
F. Disagree
G. Redundant

:biggrin

mutzrein said:
No, not kidding at all. I'm just one of those pedantic types. Your options were askew.

Here are my responses to your statements.

A. Disagree
B. Agree
C. Disagree.
D. Disagree. He WAS the son of man.
E. Disagree
F. Disagree
G. Redundant

:biggrin
At what point did Jesus Christ stop being the son of man?
G is not redundant and should have been used if you had multiple letters to choose from.

Your answer selection should have been B with an explanation that Jesus WAS a man backed by Scripture of which you seldom use.

Without being ostentatious, please answer the question posed to you in the previous post. I will attempt to reconstruct the question in a manner that will succor your pendanticism. Was the Word a person prior to becoming Jesus Christ in the flesh?

May God bless you with His truth, understanding, and wisdom.

Solo said:
Then what was your choice and what Scriptures back up your choice?
Jesus was the Son of Man according to Daniel, Jesus, and others.
Jesus was the Son of God.

He was 100% human and 100% God. What is there to debate about?

Ryan Collins said:
Jesus was the Son of Man according to Daniel, Jesus, and others.
Jesus was the Son of God.

He was 100% human and 100% God. What is there to debate about?
Shhhhhhh! Don't ask that too loud around here. 8-)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back