Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is Jesus Christ?

Who is Jesus Christ?

• A. Jesus Christ is God

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Jesus Christ is man

• D. Jesus Christ is the Son of man

• E. Jesus Christ is all of the above

• F. Jesus Christ is none of the above

• G. Jesus Christ is <blank> (Choose appropriate letter above that fits your belief)

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
''Jesus said''
εγω ειμι το α και το ω ο πρωτος και ο εσχατος

Who can tell us what this is?

I do not want to be the first or the last to reveal what this means.

I believe I have bolded the correct words to provide a hint - but my Greek is extremely rusty.

Solo said:
At what point did Jesus Christ stop being the son of man?

Just getting through this one bit at a time Solo. Time has been against me lately.

Point of clarification.

I realise that Jesus is referred to as the Son of man in scripture since he became the son of man when he walked the earth. He was flesh and blood. But when he returned to the Father he did not return in a body of flesh and blood. So he no longer is the son of man (in the sense that He is flesh and blood.)

I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Yes he is still referred to as the Son of man, I agree, but what I was trying to differentiate between was his nature - which is of the Spirit, rather than of the flesh.

He is the Son of God.

mutzrein said:
Solo said:
At what point did Jesus Christ stop being the son of man?
Just getting through this one bit at a time Solo. Time has been against me lately.

Point of clarification.

I realise that Jesus is referred to as the Son of man in scripture since he became the son of man when he walked the earth. He was flesh and blood. But when he returned to the Father he did not return in a body of flesh and blood. So he no longer is the son of man (in the sense that He is flesh and blood.)

I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Yes he is still referred to as the Son of man, I agree, but what I was trying to differentiate between was his nature - which is of the Spirit, rather than of the flesh.

He is the Son of God.

Did Jesus ascend bodily into heaven?

Also explain the following verses of Scripture:

But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. Matthew 10:23

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; Matthew 13:41

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Matthew 16:27

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Matthew 16:28

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Matthew 19:28

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:27

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:27

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30

But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:37

And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:39

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matthew 24:44

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. Matthew 25:13

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: Matthew 25:31

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Matthew 26:64

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. John 3:13

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
John 5:27

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? John 6:62

And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Acts 7:56

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. Revelation 1:13

And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. Revelation 14:14

mutzrein said:
Do you think Jesus is still flesh and blood in heaven?
You are jumping the gun a little bit. Answer my question as to whether Jesus ascended bodily, and explain the son of man verses that I posted and I will answer your question as to whether I think that Jesus is still flesh and blood in heaven.
Thanks.

aLoneVoice said:
I do not want to be the first or the last to reveal what this means.

I believe I have bolded the correct words to provide a hint - but my Greek is extremely rusty.

''Very'' nicely written.. 8-) and done....

Would there be any correlation between "I am" of the OT and Jesus statement in John 8:58?

Fnerb said:
Would there be any correlation between "I am" of the OT and Jesus statement in John 8:58?
Looks like they are the same - Jesus was in the bush.

Jesus was telling those folks in John 8 that he was God - they didn't like that - many today don't like it either. :o

God bless

Although Solo and I do not agree on all things, I suspect that we agree that Jesus was indeed taken bodily into heaven. As to whether he is presently in "bodily form", I have no opinion at present.

And I think that this:

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Matthew 16:28

is a reference to the resurrection.

AVBunyan said:
Looks like they are the same - Jesus was in the bush.

Jesus was telling those folks in John 8 that he was God - they didn't like that - many today don't like it either. :o

God bless

Exactly right...

Solo said:
mutzrein said:
You are jumping the gun a little bit. Answer my question as to whether Jesus ascended bodily, and explain the son of man verses that I posted and I will answer your question as to whether I think that Jesus is still flesh and blood in heaven.
Thanks.
:sleeping:

Solo said:
mutzrein said:
Thanks.
mutzrein,

So, did Jesus ascend bodily into heaven after His resurrection?

I'm waitiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg! :sleeping:

Also what are your comments concerning the verses of Scripture showing Jesus as the current son of man as well as the "was the son of man" as you misspoke in an earlier post.

Also explain the following verses of Scripture:

But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. Matthew 10:23

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; Matthew 13:41

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Matthew 16:27

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Matthew 19:28

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30

But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:37

And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:39

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matthew 24:44

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. Matthew 25:13

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: Matthew 25:31

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Matthew 26:64

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. John 3:13

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
John 5:27

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? John 6:62

And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Acts 7:56

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. Revelation 1:13

And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. Revelation 14:14

mutzrein said:
Yes he is still referred to as the Son of man, I agree, but what I was trying to differentiate between was his nature - which is of the Spirit, rather than of the flesh. ...

Solo said:
Thanks.

I am going to go with 'Glorified spiritual body', based on some of the things Scripture says happened after the resurrection. If you guys really want to battle this out, I suggest that you not read the following verses, especially Luke 24:39. It makes it too obvious.

Mar 16:12 ¶ After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

Luk 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Luk 24:36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace [be] unto you.

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Gabbylittleangel said:
I am going to go with 'Glorified spiritual body', based on some of the things Scripture says happened after the resurrection. If you guys really want to battle this out, I suggest that you not read the following verses, especially Luke 24:39. It makes it too obvious.

Mar 16:12 ¶ After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

Luk 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Luk 24:36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace [be] unto you.

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Since Jesus had flesh and bones after his resurrection, did he ascend bodily into heaven?

Solo said:
Since Jesus had flesh and bones after his resurrection, did he ascend bodily into heaven?

You are gonna have to make this multiple choice for me Solo. Did he ascend bodily into heaven as opposed to what?

Act 1:9 ¶ And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back