Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is the Anti-Christ?.

I was watching a YouTube video by Mark Driscoll explaining that there are many small Anti-Christs right now, in every facet of society.All of these small anti-christ's are preparing the stage for the "Anti-Christ".All of these small anti-christs are people who are opposed to Jesus,directly or indirectly,and busy setting up their very own little personal thrones here on earth.I thought that this explanation was very insightful.

The Ohio Resistance
We must endeavor to persevere;........Chief Dan George.

I was watching a YouTube video by Mark Driscoll explaining that there are many small Anti-Christs right now, in every facet of society.All of these small anti-christ's are preparing the stage for the "Anti-Christ".All of these small anti-christs are people who are opposed to Jesus,directly or indirectly,and busy setting up their very own little personal thrones here on earth.I thought that this explanation was very insightful.

The Ohio Resistance
John wrote that everyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ is an antichrist. Since I was once an unbeliever and resisting the conviction of the Holy Spirit, I was once an antichrist. This changed for me, and it can change for anyone else who surrenders to God's sovereign will.

So who is "The Antichrist"? - according to scripture he's "the beast" who comes out of the sea, and the man of lawlessness, and he who opposes everything having to do with the worship of the only true God, and the one who will set himself up as the very incarnation of God Himself (that is, claim to be God).

Many people in power today oppose worship of the only true God and Jesus His Son, not only in the U.S. but all over the world. The end is getting nearer. People are already assuming godhood in actions, if not in words.

Scripture does not capitalize antichrist, but says there are many and the last one to come in the end of days is whom Christ will destroy with the brightness of His coming making this the last antichrist, 1John 2:18-27.

Rev 13 the beast (Satan) rises up out of the sea as the sea here is symbolic of people and nations as in a sea of humanity, Daniel Chapter 7:1-8; Revelation 17:15. This beast is a Luciferian system comprised of economic, political, militant, environmental and a false religious system. This beast system that Satan works through gives its power to the beast out of the earth as the beast out of the earth appears as the Lamb of God, but is a false Christ being the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12

The Ohio Resistance
My post is basically in support what your post and of the two folowing posts.

What John was emphasizing at 1 John 2:19, was what Christ and the apostle Paul had earlier warned about to the members of the Christian congregation and of the religious leaders outside the congregation rejecting or not accepting what they taught. (Matthew 7:15; 2 Timothy 4:3, 4) Such people were referred to as apostates or antichrists. (2 Thessalonians 2:3-5; 1 John 2:18; 2 John 7) This is not inclusive to any one individual/s, but kingdoms, nations, and organizations are singularly shown to be part of the antichrist in the symbolic description at Revelations 17:8-15; 19:19-21.

Just as what happens today, such was the same during the apostolic period. Members of the Christian congregation were not fully committed, did not have a complete heart, and were not of like thinking. Therefore, they eventually imposed their own philosophies and influenced others. (Matthew 24:4, 11; Luke 21:8; Acts 20:29; 2 Peter 2:1-3) They abandoned or were expulsed from the congregation where they form destructive sects. Compare Matthew 7:21-23; Mark 13:21, 22; Luke 13:24-27; 1 Corinthians 15:33; 2 Corinthians 6:14.

Scripture does not capitalize antichrist, but says there are many and the last one to come in the end of days is whom Christ will destroy with the brightness of His coming making this the last antichrist, 1John 2:18-27.

Rev 13 the beast (Satan) rises up out of the sea as the sea here is symbolic of people and nations as in a sea of humanity, Daniel Chapter 7:1-8; Revelation 17:15. This beast is a Luciferian system comprised of economic, political, militant, environmental and a false religious system. This beast system that Satan works through gives its power to the beast out of the earth as the beast out of the earth appears as the Lamb of God, but is a false Christ being the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12

But do you believe that he's an actual man?

The Ohio Resistance
Yes, "anti" in antichrist doesn't just mean "against", but also, and primarily, "in place of". There will be a final antichrist reigning on a global scale over every nation, as prophesied in Rev. 13, but before that there will rise those small antichrists on a regional scale. Those are prototypes of the final Antichrist.

In the OT, every heroic figure, from Adam to Abel to Noah all the way down to prophet Daniel, is a prototype of Jesus, like an early model of the final product. None of them is the Christ, but you can see a bit of Christ in every one of them, and only can you understand their story when you read Jesus into the text. Satan is adopting the same strategy, every small antichrist, usually in form of a tyrant, is foreshadowing the final Antichrist. Remember, Satan has no originality and creativity, he can only counterfeit God's operadi modus. Satan (the dragon), the Antichrist (sea beast) and the False Prophet (earth beast) are the counterfeit of God's holy trinity - Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

But do you believe that he's an actual man?
Yes, but also an evil controlling system.

Rev 13 the beast rises up out of the sea as the sea here is symbolic of people and nations as in a sea of humanity, Daniel Chapter 7:1-8; Revelation 17:15. This beast is a Luciferian system comprised of economic, political, militant, environmental and a false religious system. This beast system that Satan works through gives its power to the beast out of the earth as the beast out of the earth appears as the Lamb of God, but is a false Christ being the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12.

Back