Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wholesome Shows

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

God&DogGirl

What shows are on today or recently that are wholesome that you've seen and can let us know about?

My current list is The Middle (I'd say it's about 95% family friendly) and the British kids show The Sarah Jane Adventures (the main character is unlike many sci-fi characters in that she actively refuses to use weapons).

Any others?

Wholesome. Uh, from what I have seen so far, the show Chaos is real good, but they put it on Hiatus... probably because it was nice and wholesome :shame

I guess it depends on what is meant by "wholesome". So what do you mean by "wholesome"?

I would say wholesome means that you can watch it with your family. Now some shows are not for 5 year olds but are clean for 10 year olds. So it depends on the age group but something that is appropriate for anyone over, say, 8, extra points if it's for a younger age set.

I'd say The Middle isn't a good show for someone under age 8 but that Sarah Jane Adventures, unless you have a child who is easily scared, would be appropriate for the ages 6 and up set.

Doctor Who is also quite wholesome, not as much as the shows I mentioned before, but it's a good family show. It can get pretty scary at times and a 2-parter in the second season seemed to raise questions about religion without answering them, but aside from that, it's a great show, probably best for those over age 10. And Monk would be a good family show for those over age 13.

Back