Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHY DID CHRIST SEND HIS DISCIPLES OUT WITH THE GOOD NEWS?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Scripture says this?

I would agree that being commanded to be baptized (born again) in the name of Jesus refers to Matt 28:19 but it must be “I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit”!
Thanks
Being Pharisaical won't help.

Who cares?
God made the choice.
At least admit the union of the spirit in The church established by Christ in union with his apostles made the choice
Lk 22:29
The apostles have the same mission power and authority as Christ Jn 20:21-23

No, you are not.
Our high priest is Jesus Christ.
No others need to apply for a job that is filled.
Then it is impossible for him to be high priest!
There must be low priests in order for there to be a high priest!
Thanks

At least admit the union of the spirit in The church established by Christ in union with his apostles made the choice
Lk 22:29
The apostles have the same mission power and authority as Christ Jn 20:21-23
The choice was made by God at the casting of lots.

Ask your apostle if he still commits sin.
When he says "Yes", you will know he is not of God.

The choice was made by God at the casting of lots.

Ask your apostle if he still commits sin.
When he says "Yes", you will know he is not of God.
Since when are the leaders of Gods people sinless, impeccable?

Can you be saved without a priest?

Thanks

We need no other priest except Jesus.
Thankfully, God gives His churches pastors, prophets, and deacons.
Jesus is the Head.
“His churches”? There is only one church! Matt 16:18-19
Jn 10:16

Where does say we can decide these things? We are not apostles and have no authority, we must be instructed with humble submission and hear the church Christ founded to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation Matt 18:17 Matt 28:19 lk 1:4 acts 8:31

Yes of course Christ is the head and has all authority and the church is subject unto Christ. Jn 15:5 eph 5:24
But he gave the kingdom to the apostles lk 22:29

Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The low priests offer the sacrifice of Christ mal 1:11
For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” (low priests)

With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Royal priesthood: “baptized members of Jesus Christ”
1 pet 2:5-9

Thanks

We need no other priest except Jesus.
Thankfully, God gives His churches pastors, prophets, and deacons.
Jesus is the Head.
An only high priest is absurd
The mosaic covenant had two priesthoods one ministerial with a high priest and the other the royal priesthood of the faithful

Same in the new covenant
Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new covenant so there are many similarities
Heb 9:10
Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Thanks

Since the very beginning.
When Peter said..."Repent...", those obedient to the command quit committing sin.

Yes.
No man controls the fate of another man.
I asked these questions to illustrate just how wrong we can be!

Heb7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

The savior is a priest so it’s impossible to be saved without a priest!

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Thanks

“His churches”? There is only one church! Matt 16:18-19
Jn 10:16
Agreed, as I was only referring to far spread sites.
Where does say we can decide these things?
What things?
We are not apostles and have no authority, we must be instructed with humble submission and hear the church Christ founded to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation Matt 18:17 Matt 28:19 lk 1:4 acts 8:31
Eventually the instructed become instructors.
Yes of course Christ is the head and has all authority and the church is subject unto Christ. Jn 15:5 eph 5:24
But he gave the kingdom to the apostles lk 22:29
He will indeed, so as it says in Luke 22:30, they can judge the twelve tribes of Israel.
Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Us, all of us.
The low priests offer the sacrifice of Christ mal 1:11
For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.
Works well in the OT.
We are no longer in the OT.
inisterial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” (low priests)
With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”
The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24
As any man can fulfill these, and other tasks, in the name of Jesus Christ, it is superfluous to mention any titled office holder besides bishops/pastors and deacons.
Royal priesthood: “baptized members of Jesus Christ”
1 pet 2:5-9
That would be everyone who has permanently turned from sin, and unto God.

An only high priest is absurd
The mosaic covenant had two priesthoods one ministerial with a high priest and the other the royal priesthood of the faithful

Same in the new covenant
Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new covenant so there are many similarities
Heb 9:10
Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Thanks
Have you not heard?
The Mosaic Covenant has been done away with!
It was replaced 2000 years ago by the New Covenant.
With it went the priesthood, and animal sacrifice, and feast keeping, and sabbath keeping, and circumcision, etc.

I asked these questions to illustrate just how wrong we can be!
Heb7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
The savior is a priest so it’s impossible to be saved without a priest!
Without the High Priest.
1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Written of those who walk in darkness-sin.
Sinners can't honestly say they have no sin...or that they have fellowship with God.
We can walk in the light though, and be able to honestly say that we have no sins, and that we have fellowship with God..
God is the light, and there is no sin in God.
We can't be in God and have sin on us.

Agreed, as I was only referring to far spread sites.

What things?

Eventually the instructed become instructors.

He will indeed, so as it says in Luke 22:30, they can judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

Us, all of us.

Works well in the OT.
We are no longer in the OT.

As any man can fulfill these, and other tasks, in the name of Jesus Christ, it is superfluous to mention any titled office holder besides bishops/pastors and deacons.

That would be everyone who has permanently turned from sin, and unto God.
There is a marked difference in scripture between the ministerial order of priests (apostles) and the royal order of priests (believers)

Jn 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Apostolic priests have authority to bind and loose Matt 16:18-19 18:18 and to forgive men sins committed against God
Jn 20:21-23

Apostolic priests commanded the people Matt 28:19-20 acts 1:2

Apostles have authority over the disciples of the church:

Acts 6:2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

Priests and the people:

Acts 11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

Matthew 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

1 cor 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. ...

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Then commanded to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation!

Matt 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Acts 1:8 But ye (apostles) shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Jn 8:32 And ye (apostles) shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints (apostles)

Prophecy of the new covenant church!

Malachi 1:11

A pure offering:
A Clean oblation:
An Unbloody sacrifice:

Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new covenant

Both mosaic and the new Christian covenants have a:

Temple
Ark of the new covenant
Altar
Propitiatory sacrifice
Triple priesthood
With true worship, adoration, reparation, thanksgiving, and petition in the correct and true faith revealed from Christ, and inspired by His spirit and proposed by His holy divine new covenant church!

New covenant Temple: (the body of Christ) Jn 2:19
Ark of the new covenant: (Mary) Lk 1:35
Altar: (the cross) heb 13:10
New covenant Sacrifice: (the eternal propitiatory sacrifice of Christ)
Acts 20:28 Eph 2:13 heb 9
heb 10:19
Priesthood: (the new covenant priesthood of Christ) heb 7:17
High priest: (Christ is high priest) heb 8:1
Low priests (the order of melchisedec) heb 7:17
Golden censor with incense: rev 8:3

Thanks

Have you not heard?
The Mosaic Covenant has been done away with!
It was replaced 2000 years ago by the New Covenant.
With it went the priesthood, and animal sacrifice, and feast keeping, and sabbath keeping, and circumcision, etc.
Since Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new covenant there must be many similarities

Christ is an eternal priest who offers an eternal sacrifice heb 7:17

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back