Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people who are not Christian come to a Christian messageboard?

A couple of other messageboards have two or three threads just for those who are unbelievers.They can ask their questions and Christians can answer them.But for unbelievers to mingle among the believers I think it confuses those who are new believers.
I agree. I'm new here, so I can't speak about this forum and its practices. However, on other forums a confounding factor has been when people call themselves 'Christian' and then promote views that are theologically liberal, it also can confuse new and older believers if they don't know sound doctrine.

I agree. I'm new here, so I can't speak about this forum and its practices. However, on other forums a confounding factor has been when people call themselves 'Christian' and then promote views that are theologically liberal, it also can confuse new and older believers if they don't know sound doctrine.

Acts 17
10 Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

I never take anyone else's word for it. There's too much riding on the line.

Of course anyone can write "Christian" when asked the question when they first register.I wonder how many people on other messageboards just say that so they can get on the other threads?

I agree but no abuse and no disrespect of the Word of God.If they are to be on here I think they should respect our Love of the Lord.We are here for them to answer questions about God not to be stepped on.
We try to watch out for this and we edit out a surprising amount of comments like this. But we can't catch them all. Whenver you see anything like this, please click the report button and briefly explain what you see as a problem with the message. This wll bring the moderators attention to it so we can deal with it as quickly as possible.

We try to watch out for this and we edit out a surprising amount of comments like this. But we can't catch them all. Whenver you see anything like this, please click the report button and briefly explain what you see as a problem with the message. This wll bring the moderators attention to it so we can deal with it as quickly as possible.
You guys do a great job.You are a nice group of mods.Believe me I have seen worse on other messageboards.

A topic in the forum might have interested them. its the internet, meaning you cant pick, and choose who comes here can you?

We do not discourage non-Christians from joining our boards. In fact, quite the opposite. Go to our home page and have a look at our mission statement.

However, with regard to non-Christians we moderators are tasked with the role of preventing them from undermining the tenets of our faith, ridiculing our beliefs, harassing other members, etc. Sometimes they are very obvious in their purpose, sometimes they are subtle and very good at skirting the rules, and sometimes they are truly inquisitive, looking for answers, or perhaps even interested in Christianity and these are the ones we want to support, share, and witness to with love and respect.

When a seed is planted we don't always know if it takes root but unless we plant that seed, it may never grow.

Back