Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do you celebrate Christmas?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I said I made peace enough with it. But I recognize it for what it is. A tradition of man, NOT a bonifide N.T. holiday.

Seeing it for what it is doesn't make me "anti-Christian."

And, fwiw, I never told my children there was a Santa Claus or an Easter bunny, and when they were 5 years old, in the summer, I told them Santa was just a made up fantasy fable. I preferred to be truthful with them. I did do the courtesy of telling them to keep their mouths shut about it to others so they could revel in their fables.
I'm sorry Smaller,
I'm going to repeat myself now.
It's a little anti-Christian in the sense that instead of putting More of God into the world, you (and many others) want to take Him Out of the world.
I say we don't have enough of God in our every day life.

And if it weren't for the "tradition of man" (small t) do you think Christianity would even exist anymore?
Traditions are needed by man to hold a people together and a belief together. They bind us in one common belief.

Wondering

That's a good idea.
We sing Happy Birthday to Jesus before having our meal.
We still do to this day.
Might seem corny, but it's nice to do.
You say it's a good idea.
Is that what you do with your children and grandchildren?
If not, will you be doing it from now on?

smaller marked his gifts to his children from Jesus.
Were they from Jesus?
Do we really know what kind of gifts Jesus would give to our children?
I can go on with this but isn't it a bit ridiculous.
Saying Santa is as healthy to a child as anything else.

It's time we speak up against the nay-sayers.
Christmas is a joyous occassion for family and friends to draw nearer each other in Christ.
We should not let this technical stuff about when Christ's birthday really was, and how it's all a big lie today and everyone wants to make money ruin our holiday.
Who cares what the world does.
Don't let the world destroy our holiday with Jesus.
Don't become part of the world over technicalities.
Are they really that important so as to destroy our most joyous holiday worshiping our Savior.

STOP!

Time for me to wish you all a Merry Christmas!
:thumbsup

:cross

The days spelled out in scripture for certain matters are not lies. They all speak of Jesus in some way or another.

There is no question about that.

However Jesus Name is proclaimed via the Good News, I will rejoice.

Certainly not looking at how the spiritually blinded may see what is in writing whatsoever.
We're good on all it seems.
I don't quite understand your last statement, but I was saying that sometimes (a lot of times?) we Christians argue too much instead of holding together in keeping our "religion" strong even so as to let the outside world see that we love each other as Jesus said we should and as Christianity teaches. Everyone knows that Christ is Love - we should just show it more.
I'm not referring to you, but just in general.

You say it's a good idea.
Is that what you do with your children and grandchildren?
If not, will you be doing it from now on?

smaller marked his gifts to his children from Jesus.
Were they from Jesus?
Do we really know what kind of gifts Jesus would give to our children?
I can go on with this but isn't it a bit ridiculous.
Saying Santa is as healthy to a child as anything else.
It seems like a good idea.
I'll tell you why.
I do believe that small children need Santa Claus.
But some parents don't teach children properly and when they grow up they find
out Santa is not real and they start thinking that maybe Jesus isn't real either.

I never thought of marking gifts from Jesus. I have to think about this a minute.
Maybe a special gift from Jesus?
And this Santa thing shouldn't go on forever.

I can say that I don't DISagree with what smaller did because all good things come from God and
it's good to show children that Jesus loves them.

Does marking gifts to them from Jesus create a materialistic God? I'm sure Smaller, being a well-versed Christian, handled this properly.
I'm not sure every parent could even if they are Christian.

This is not a ridiculous point. It's important how this is handled in raising children in a Christian household.

Wondering

It seems like a good idea.
I'll tell you why.
I do believe that small children need Santa Claus.
But some parents don't teach children properly and when they grow up they find
out Santa is not real and they start thinking that maybe Jesus isn't real either.

I never thought of marking gifts from Jesus. I have to think about this a minute.
Maybe a special gift from Jesus?
And this Santa thing shouldn't go on forever.

I can say that I don't DISagree with what smaller did because all good things come from God and
it's good to show children that Jesus loves them.

Does marking gifts to them from Jesus create a materialistic God? I'm sure Smaller, being a well-versed Christian, handled this properly.
I'm not sure every parent could even if they are Christian.

This is not a ridiculous point. It's important how this is handled in raising children in a Christian household.

Wondering
Okay.

We're good on all it seems.
I don't quite understand your last statement, but I was saying that sometimes (a lot of times?) we Christians argue too much instead of holding together in keeping our "religion" strong even so as to let the outside world see that we love each other as Jesus said we should and as Christianity teaches. Everyone knows that Christ is Love - we should just show it more.
I'm not referring to you, but just in general.

I've made my peace with the man made holiday and milk it for Jesus for all it's worth. Just don't ask me to lie about Santa. I am polite in silence about the fable with the children of others. Even tactful if I have to be. :nod

Well, I won't call you wrong.
But you seem to have no problem calling everyone else wrong.
Could it be you feel a need to justify what you have done, denying your children Santa Claus?

If anyone else wants to lie about Santa to kids, that's their prerogative.

And it's also NOT wrong to point out there is no such "celebration" in the scriptures because that is also truthful. Not saying I don't appreciate holidays including Christmas.

I've made my peace with the man made holiday and milk it for Jesus for all it's worth. Just don't ask me to lie about Santa. I am polite in silence about the fable with the children of others. Even tactful if I have to be. :nod
I agree, except for the very small.
And then remember to mention Jesus' birthday...

If anyone else wants to lie about Santa to kids, that's their prerogative.

And it's also NOT wrong to point out there is no such "celebration" in the scriptures because that is also truthful. Not saying I don't appreciate holidays including Christmas.
I like you smaller.
I might start a smaller holiday.
celebrate anything small.

Good news smaller, you're in the Bible.
So now we can have a smaller holiday.
In job, one of his buddies was Bildad the Shuhite.
Who's smaller than someone the height of a shoe?

Has anyone anywhere ever met any adult who didn't know that Christmas is about Christ?

Really?
Maybe.
Back in 1985, a person witnessed in the streets of Roxbury, part of Boston.
And one young 17 year old boy very seriously said, "I didn't know Jesus was a person, I thought it was just a swear word".

Maybe.
Back in 1985, a person witnessed in the streets of Roxbury, part of Boston.
And one young 17 year old boy very seriously said, "I didn't know Jesus was a person, I thought it was just a swear word".
Some persons I know don't understand who Jesus is, but they do know he's connected to Christmas.

Well, I won't call you wrong.
But you seem to have no problem calling everyone else wrong.
Could it be you feel a need to justify what you have done, denying your children Santa Claus?

If you ask them today they are quite entirely thrilled about the fact that at least their dad didn't lie to them. And guess what? They trust what I have to say to them, in part, because of that. Which trust was far more important to me than santa.

I'm not saying everyone should do this. It's just something my conscience led me to do. I didn't feel right about it.

Okay smaller, we took a vote over here at my house, and we decided you're okay.
We now we include you with the "in crowd".
Congratulations!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back