Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Why God Allows Innocent People To Suffer In Wars

A

AJB4

A few weeks back, I asked the man who preached this sermon to email me the verses he used. I think this is a great way to prove people wrong who say that 'There is no God because if there was one he wouldn't allow people to suffer in wars'.

1. It teaches that a world without choice would be worse than a world without pain – Gen.2:15-17.
“The Lord God commanded the man saying, ‘ From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die.â€Â

2. It teaches that a world without ‘choice with consequences’, would lead us away from good and from God – Gal.6:7, Ps.78:34-35.
“ Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whtever a man sows, this he will
also reap.â€Â
“When He killed them, then they sought Him, And returned and searched diligently for God; And they remembered that God was their rock, and the most High God their redeemer.â€Â

3. It teaches us that suffering can have a positive result through character development –I Pet.1:7.
“..that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even thought tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honour at the revelation of Jesus Christ.â€Â

4. It teaches us of our need to look beyond the temporary, to the eternal – II Corin.4:16-18.
“Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things that are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.â€Â

5. It teaches us that we are on a journey, and preparation for our departure from this life is as necessary as breathing or eating – Eccl.12:1-14.
“Remember Him before the silver cord is broken and the golden bowl is
crushed..â€Â
-2-

6. It teaches us of our need to trust God, no matter what our life circumstance – I Tim.4:10, I Cor. 10:13.
“For it is for this that we labour and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, ..â€Â
“No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and Gos is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you may be able to endure it.â€Â

7. It teaches us that when we suffer, He understands and suffers with us – Heb.4:15.
“For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.â€Â

8. It teaches us that when we reach the end of our ‘self trust’, we reach the beginning of God – I Pet.4:1-2.
“Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.â€Â

9.It teaches us that Gods comfort is greater than our suffering – II Corin.12:9-10.
“And he said to me, ‘ My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most glady, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecuations, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.â€Â

10.It teaches us of the need for each other – II Corin.1:3-4.
“Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.â€Â

11.It teaches us that what we often interpret to be ‘bad’ can work out in the long run, to be ‘good’ – Rom.8:28, Gen.50:20.
“And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.â€Â
“And as for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good on
order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.â€Â

It teaches us that all ‘suffering’ must ultimately be laid at the feet of the ‘devil’, ourselves or others – James 1:12-17.
“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘ I am being tempted
- 3 -

by God’; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my brethren. Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation, or shifting shadow.â€Â

It teaches us that in this world, we will always have suffering – John 16:33.
“..In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the
world.â€Â

But most importantly, it teaches us that from the suffering of Christ, came the
possibility of salvation for all – I Pet.2:24.
“..and He Himself bore ou sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to
sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.â€Â

Are you one of those who use ‘suffering’ to justify agnosticism or atheism? Or are you using ‘suffering’ as a motivation to live by faith? It’s your choice, is it not.

Tell me what you think. It's good, is it not?! I take no credit, for I didn't write it.
:angel:

A good post with helpful verses. These are also good to quote if someone is having a hard time in their walk with Christ. Thank you for sharing

Yes, it is a good answer. People need to know that it is men who start wars, not God. They need to know that God gave men choices because men wanted to make choices.

ChristineES said:
Yes, it is a good answer. People need to know that it is men who start wars, not God. They need to know that God gave men choices because men wanted to make choices.

What about natural disasters, famines, and pestilence? Who's choice are those?

Back