Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is Islam so desperate?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Y

YESHUA

Jesus the Messiah and both the Jews and Christians are recorded in the Qur’an but nowhere is Muhammad or Islam recorded in the Bible and that’s why Islam has an identity problem.
And lately I have come a cross some strange stories both about Jesus and Muhammad I will post what I have found and you can draw your own conclusion is it false or is it true?
And why is it that the Christians in the Islamic world are being hated and persecuted?We the Christians know the answer or at least we should know the answer?

Mark 13 (King James Version)

13And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

John 15 (King James Version)

18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Here we can se that the comforter is a spirit was Muhammad a spirit I should say not, as you can se in the verse below that we the Christians are to bear witness of Christ and we do. We have not been with Jesus from the beginning but we read in the Bible about the people who have been with Jesus from he beginning and that’s the disciples not the Muslims as I have stated below Islam came later much later.
The problem with the Muslims they want it both ways, it is clearly that Jesus is talking to his follower right there and then so if this is suppose to be lets say Muslims it doesn’t add up because there were no Muslims at the time Jesus walked the earth, Islam was founded about seven hundred of years later

.27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning

1 Corinthians 1:18 (King James Version)

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

And now ladies and gentlemen guess who the Prince of Peace is no other than Muhammad according to Islam

The Prince Of Peace

Lets us go on now to Isaiah. Here we find many passages about a coming prophet which can be true only of Muhammad. We are told of a time when a man will call the nations of the world who would swiftly answer his call and gather around him (Isaiah5:26-30). We are told that the followers of the Promised One will be obliged to take part in wars. We are told that the advent of this prophet will be at a time when even the light will be darkened by the sin and corruption of land and sea. Isaiahalso tells us that at the time God will turn away His face from the house of Jacob (Isaiah 8:13-17).
And then: For unto us a Child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. (Isaiah 9:6- 7)
The prophecy gives promise of a king who will have five titles:
(1) Wonderful
(2) Counsellor
(3) The Mighty God
(4) The Everlasting Father and
(5) The Prince of Peace.
Was Jesus ever a King? Were the names enumerated in this prophecy ever applied to him? Wonderful he might have been called, because of peculiar birth, but while his deniers regarded his birth as illegitimate, his supporters were in doubt about his ancestry. He gave no exhibition of the might that is mentioned in the above verse. Nor could he be called Everlasting Father, because he himself had mentioned another one coming after him. He neither became king nor could he ever bring peace to the world. He remained oppressed by his opponents until he was put on the Cross. He could not, therefore, be rightly called the Prince of Peace. He never attained to any government and, therefore, the words, "of his government there shall be no end," have no meaning in terms of his life. These signs mentioned in Isaiah apply only to the Prophet of Islam.
It was he who had to shoulder the responsibilities of a state, and thus, quite against his will, had to be called king.
Muhammad was Wonderful both in his name and achievements. Jesus, in his parable of the vineyard, speaks of the householder who let his vineyards to husbandmen. These wicked men not only beat, killed and stoned his other servants but also his son. The lord, says Jesus, will come himself, destroy these wicked husbandmen and render the vineyard to those who "shall render the fruits in their seasons." This will be so because:
The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the comer; and this is the Lord's doing, and it marvelous in our eyes. (Matthew 21:33-44)
This is the way in which the "Wonderful" one had to appear. When the son would be slain, then the other one would be sent who would prove to be the head of the corner. And he would seem "marvelous" in the eyes of Jesus and the whole world.
And about his wonderful achievements we may quote Thomas Carlyle. He writes:
To the Arab nation it was a birth from darkness into light; Arabia first become alive by means of it. A poor shepherd people ,roaming unnoticed in its deserts since the creation of the world, a hero-prophet was sent down to them with a word they could believe: see, the unnoticed becomes world-notable, the small has grown world-great,' within one century afterward, Arabia is at Grenada on this hand, Delhi on that, glancing in valor and splendor and the light of genius, Arabia shines through long ages over a section of the world. Belief is great, long-living, The history of a nation becomes fruitful, soul-elevating, great, so soon as it believes. These Arabs, the man Mahomet and that one century-is it not as if a spark had fallen, one spark, on a world of what seemed black, unnoticeable sand, but 10, the sand proves explosive powder, blazes heaven-high from Delhi to Grenada. I said ,the great man was always a lightning out of heaven; the rest of men waited for him like fuel and then they too would flame.
(Thomas Carlyle in Heroes And Hero-worship)
The second name of the Promised One is Counsellor. This again applied to the Holy Prophet. A nation turned to him for advice. He, in turn, held regular consultation with his people, and made it obligatory on the State to consult the people in all important matters. The Holy Quran tells us that his companions sought his consultation regularly.
The prophecy had also described him as mighty God. The Bible has often mentioned the prophets as God himself. (Exodus 7:1 and 4:16)
Whenever a human being is spoken of as a "like of God" it can only mean that he is a manifestation of the Almighty .The Holy Prophet, again, answers the description of the prophecy. There are several references relevant to this in the Holy Quran. At the Battle of Badr, the prophet took a handful of gravel and threw it at the enemy. This proved a signal for a dust storm which discomfited the enemy and contributed to his defeat. Of this, God says to the Holy Prophet:
And thou threwest not when thou didst throw, but it was God who threw. (The Holy Quran 8:18)
Again it says:
Verily those who swear allegiance to thee indeed swear allegiance to God. (The Holy Quran 48:11) Thus came the manifestation of mighty God, The Holy Prophet, who was able to subjugate all his enemies in his lifetime and to smash all opposition.
The fourth name in the prophecy is Everlasting Father. Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel and, therefore, could not possibly have an everlasting character. On the other hand, the Holy Prophet was referred to in the Quran as "bringer together of all mankind". (The Holy Quran 34 :29). He was promised that his teaching would abide forever with the people because at the end of days, the Promised Messiah would appear from among his followers and would revive the teachings of Islam and prove conclusively that the spiritual dominion of the Prophet of Islam was everlasting and there would be no heavenly teachers then except from his followers.
The fifth name in the prophecy is Prince of Peace. Can Jesus be truly called such? He did not become a sovereign in his life. He did not ever gain power to administer forgiveness to his enemies, and therefore, there was not much occasion for him to perform what he preached. On the other hand, the very religion of Muhammad is called Islam, meaning peace. As for the performance of peace and forgiveness in Muhammad's life we have ample evidence.
Through thirteen long and weary years the prophet of Islam and his little band of devoted followers bore with calm dignity and patience the bitterest persecution at the hands of the Meccans. Starvation, flogging, scoffings, humiliations, degradations and outrages of every description were the order of the day. When the Prophet took refuge in Medina, even there he was not left in peace. Over a period of seven years of sustained and brutal persecution the Prophet of Islam appeared suddenly on the heights of Paran, at the head of ten thousand saints, with no battle fought and not a drop of blood shed, when any penalty inflicted upon these Meccans would have been light in comparison to their long record of misdeeds, the Prophet announced, gently and mercifully:
There shall be no retribution exacted from you, you shall all go free. (The Holy Quran 12:93)
Is it the same way that the Christians treated their enemies when they came to power? Who should then be called a true Prince of Peace, Jesus or Muhammad? Jesus could not afford peace to others. His followers were able to afford it, but they did not give it. The prophet of Islam had the power to punish his enemies but he chose to forgive. Muhammad, therefore, was the Prince of Peace of Isaiah's prophecy. It was he again who also attained government and thus could fulfill the last part of this prophecy saying, "Of the increase of his government and peace, there shall be no end."
Back to Top ^
Conclusion
These are just a few of the many prophecies found in the Bible about the advent of that great prophet who was going to lead the world into all truth.
Muhammad was going to be, in the words of Solomon, "altogether lovely" which in Hebrew is expressed as Mahmaddim.(Song of Solomon 5: 10-16) He was the fulfillment of the "stone" of Daniel's dream. (Daniel 2:34-35) He was the coming of the lord of the vineyard himself as foretold by Jesus.
True, there are some prophecies about Jesus as well in the Old Testament but it is also a fact that there are many which cannot rightly be applied to him. These could be fulfilled in the person of the one who was coming with a Law and whose mission was to be not just to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" but to the whole world, one who was spoken of by Jesus as the Comforter and Spirit of Truth. The predictions about Muhammad in the Bible are clear and precise.
The door to the Kingdom of Heaven has been opened by the fulfillment of these prophecies. Blessed are those who accept the call of the Lord of Heaven and Earth to enter His Kingdom and receive His communion.
And our last observation is that all praise is due to God, the Sustainer of the Universe.

. Perhaps (often) will those who disbelieve wish that they were Muslims [those who have submitted themselves to Allâh's Will in Islâm Islâmic Monotheism, this will be on the Day of Resurrection when they will see the disbelievers going to Hell and the Muslims going to Paradise]. (15:2)

YESHUA said:
Jesus the Messiah and both the Jews and Christians are recorded in the Qur’an but nowhere is Muhammad or Islam recorded in the Bible and that’s why Islam has an identity problem.

That's like asking why Stephen Hawking isn't mentioned in Einsteins General Theory of Relativity.

READ THE FACTS:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/islam.htm

"Estimates of the total number of Muslims range from 0.7 to 1.2 billion worldwide and 1.1 to 7 million in the U.S. 2 About 21% of all people on earth follow Islam. The religion is currently in a period of rapid growth.

Christianity is currently the largest religion in the world. It is followed by about 33% of all people -- a percentage that has remained stable for decades. If current trends continue, Islam will become the most popular world religion sometime in the mid-21st century."

reznwerks said:
YESHUA said:
]
How do you figure? Islam is the fastest growing religion on the face of the earth.
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/ ... 3/Fastest/

Somehow you have all missed the point haven't you?

Why is Islam so desperate that you have to make up lies about your so-called prophet isn't it enough that your perverted the truth by claiming that he was the last prophet but now you are hell bend to claim he is in the Bible and thats done by deception and distortions.
It's not about who is the fastest growing religion it's about your distortions and deceptions about your so-called prophet get a reality check Isaiah is about JESUS and nobody else.
And Islam is on the road to perdition not even knowing it what a shame and in the process killing left and right in order to get to what they call paradise what a place that must be filled with pedophiles, terrorist and homosexual what a joke.
The Bible clearly tells us that non of this things enters heaven because in contrast to the god you worship our GOD is a HOLY GOD and HE despise the things mention above is that understood my friend?
Shalom and love in the name of YESHUA coming soon
chana

YESHUA said:
Why is Islam so desperate that you have to make up lies about your so-called prophet isn't it enough that your perverted the truth by claiming that he was the last prophet but now you are hell bend to claim he is in the Bible and thats done by deception and distortions.
It's not about who is the fastest growing religion it's about your distortions and deceptions about your so-called prophet get a reality check Isaiah is about JESUS and nobody else.
You point to one book and claim it is true. A Muslim points to another and claim it is true. Who is right? Unless you have an objective test, you are both just finger pointing and calling each other names.

Quath

YESHUA said:
reznwerks said:
YESHUA said:
]
How do you figure? Islam is the fastest growing religion on the face of the earth.

And Islam is on the road to perdition not even knowing it what a shame and in the process killing left and right in order to get to what they call paradise what a place that must be filled with pedophiles, terrorist and homosexual what a joke.
The Bible clearly tells us that non of this things enters heaven because in contrast to the god you worship our GOD is a HOLY GOD and HE despise the things mention above is that understood my friend?
chana
No we have not missed the point and secondly I am not Muslim. The sites mentioned are not Islamist in origin and they only point out the raw numbers. Even the site that GB uses to counter admits that. It also points out that the Christianity that is growing is ORTHODOX. So no matter how you slice it the Christianity you want to push is likely to stay insignificant for the forseeable future.

reznwerks said:
YESHUA said:
reznwerks said:
YESHUA said:
]

chana
No we have not missed the point and secondly I am not Muslim. The sites mentioned are not Islamist in origin and they only point out the raw numbers. Even the site that GB uses to counter admits that. It also points out that the Christianity that is growing is ORTHODOX. So no matter how you slice it the Christianity you want to push is likely to stay insignificant for the forseeable future.

your not a muslim you sure could have fooled me but the point is this once again why are Islam so desperate that it has to make up stories about Muhammad and Islam being foretold in the Bible? Could someone with an ounce of brain answer? Be it you, Muhsen or Quath. Preferable before Jesus return.
chana

YESHUA said:
your not a muslim you sure could have fooled me but the point is this once again why are Islam so desperate that it has to make up stories about Muhammad and Islam being foretold in the Bible? Could someone with an ounce of brain answer? Be it you, Muhsen or Quath. Preferable before Jesus return.
chana
It is all in the interpretation. The Old Testament says God's laws are perfect and eternal. Yet the New Testament comes along and the laws are written off and ignored. People no longer consider shrimp an abomination. We no longer kill non-virgin brides or children that insult their parents. People decided that God probably didn't mean all His laws were eternal and ignored the dietary ones. It goes on and on.

When I talk to Jews, they do not see the story of Adam and Eve as a concept of Original Sin. This is just the interpretation of Christians. So it is easy to buy into a Holy Book and proclaim all other Holy Books as false or incomplete. But when it comes down to it, noone has ever been able to prove their holy book as the truth.

Quath

Quath said:
YESHUA said:
chana
It is all in the interpretation. The Old Testament says God's laws are perfect and eternal. Yet the New Testament comes along and the laws are written off and ignored. People no longer consider shrimp an abomination. We no longer kill non-virgin brides or children that insult their parents. People decided that God probably didn't mean all His laws were eternal and ignored the dietary ones. It goes on and on.

When I talk to Jews, they do not see the story of Adam and Eve as a concept of Original Sin. This is just the interpretation of Christians. So it is easy to buy into a Holy Book and proclaim all other Holy Books as false or incomplete. But when it comes down to it, noone has ever been able to prove their holy book as the truth.

Quath

It has nothing to do with interpretation again why is Islam so desperate
so they have to make up stories about both Muhammad and Islam being in the Bible
Shalom and love in the name of YESHUA coming soon and go back and read the letter I have posted maybe you'll grasp what I am saying
chana

YESHUA said:
It has nothing to do with interpretation again why is Islam so desperate
so they have to make up stories about both Muhammad and Islam being in the Bible
Shalom and love in the name of YESHUA coming soon and go back and read the letter I have posted maybe you'll grasp what I am saying
chana
Christians have done the same thing by saying the Old Testament requires Jesus to be born of a virgin. They later found out they misinterpreted that prophesy since it was suppose to have been fulfilled hundreds of years earlier. So making up stories is not just a Islam thing.

But how do you know what is made up? If you trust the Quran then you know there are errors in the Old and New Testament. If you trust the New or Old Testament you know there are errors in the Quran. How do you know which Holy Book is the right one?

Quath

Christians have done the same thing by saying the Old Testament requires Jesus to be born of a virgin. They later found out they misinterpreted that prophesy since it was suppose to have been fulfilled hundreds of years earlier.
Really can you prove this? And do you know who was born by a virgin hundreds of years earlier. So that means that Jesus was not born by a virgin? Or am I missing something here.[quote:192e6]
So making up stories is not just an Islam thing.
So at least you admit that Islam is making up stories about Muhammad and Islam being in the Bible, HALLELU-YAH
But how do you know what is made up? If you trust the Quran then you know there are errors in the Old and New Testament. If you trust the New or Old Testament you know there are errors in the Quran. How do you know which Holy Book is the right one?

Quath
[/quote:192e6]I believe in both the Old and the New Testament and I know that both of them is from GOD and you would know too if you would read them.
Do you know what a prophecy is? Do you have any prophecies in the Qur'an I mean besides those you make up to be prophecies?
And of course if I would trust the Qur'an I would find errors in both the Old and the New Testament and why because the Qur'an is full of errors its not worth the paper it's written on its a cheap imitation of the Bible full of errors. And now in order to look good you make up stories about your so-called prophet did he by the way prophecies about what would happen in the future? You know the hallmark of a prophet is that whatever he prophesies it will come to pass.
Anyone can say anything and call it a prophecy but does it come to pass? The Bible is full of prophecies that have come to pass and some of them right before our eyes.
But you still haven’t answered my question as to why Islam is so desperate that it has to make up stories about Muhammad and Islam being in the Bible; guess you never will or any Muslims for that matter.
Shalom and love in the name of YESHUA coming soon and I really hope you’ll wake up before its to late, before HE comes
chana

I believe in both the Old and the New Testament and I know that both of them is from GOD and you would know too if you would read them.
It is because we have read them that we know they are not from God. The God of the universe if he exists would certainly be able to create or cause to be created a book that would be understood by all equally the same without any errors or contradictions. To claim anything less is an insult to the God you worship.
Do you know what a prophecy is?
Yes a prophecy cannot be a prophecy UNLESS it was recognized as a prophecy BEFORE the event unfolded. ALL the prophecies CLAIMED in the O/T to refer to JESUS were CREATED after JESUS. That is they aren't real prophecies because if you do as you suggest and read the entire passage or book their is no way you can refer the claimed text to refer to a child in the future. In short the prophecies in the O/T referring to JESUS were MANUFACTURED. Their are prophecies in the O/T about someone to come but those prophecies have no been fulfilled. They are called the MESSIANIC prophecies and it is these reasons the JEWS do not accept JESUS.

Do you have any prophecies in the Qur'an I mean besides those you make up to be prophecies?
You sound like doubting THOMAS. In order for a religion to be valid you now need prophecy according to you. I have just shown that your belief in your prophecy is in vain because they are not prophecy. This is not an opinion as if you still can read and think for yourself take the test . If you were reading those passages that you claim are prophecy back before Jesus was born HOW could you possibly infer that they were referring to a child to be born hundreds of years in the future? The one about the virgin is fullfilled several passages later. Its a slam dunk.
And of course if I would trust the Qur'an I would find errors in both the Old and the New Testament and why because the Qur'an is full of errors its not worth the paper it's written on its a cheap imitation of the Bible full of errors. And now in order to look good you make up stories about your so-called prophet did he by the way prophecies about what would happen in the future? You know the hallmark of a prophet is that whatever he prophesies it will come to pass.
Try reading Matt. 16:28
"God promises Abram's descendants the land of Canaan from the Nile to the Euphrates. But according to Acts 7:5 and Heb.11:13 God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. 15:18
Contrary to the prophecy in 48:21, Joseph died in Egypt, not Israel. Gen.50:24
God promises to cast out many nations including the Canaanites and the Jebusites. But he was unable to fulfill his promise. 33:2
These verses predict that there will be an alliance between Egypt, Israel, and Assyria. But there has never been any such alliance, and it's unlikely that it ever will since Assyria no longer exists. 19:23-24
"The priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink." You can't even trust a drunken prophet anymore. 28:7
Jonah prophesies that in forty days Nineveh shall be overthrown. But it didn't happen because God repented (Jonah 3:10).3:4
"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."
The gospel of Matthew (2:5-6) claims that Jesus' birth in Bethlehem fulfils this prophecy. But this is unlikely for two reasons.
"Bethlehem Ephratah" in Micah 5:2 refers not to a town, but to a clan: the clan of Bethlehem, who was the son of Caleb's second wife, Ephrathah (1 Chr.2:18, 2:50-52, 4:4).

The prophecy (if that is what it is) does not refer to the Messiah, but rather to a military leader, as can be seen from verse 5:6. This leader is supposed to defeat the Assyrians, which, of course, Jesus never did.
It should also be noted that Matthew altered the text of Micah 5:2 by saying: "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda" rather than "Bethlehem Ephratah" as is said in Micah 5:2. He did this, intentionally no doubt, to make the verse appear to refer to the town of Bethlehem rather than the family clan.5:2"
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:ym ... n&start=10

Anyone can say anything and call it a prophecy but does it come to pass? The Bible is full of prophecies that have come to pass and some of them right before our eyes.
Anyone can go back and reread passages and MAKE them into prophecy.Perhaps you would like to make a new thread and show the so called prophecies that have come to pass?
But you still haven’t answered my question as to why Islam is so desperate that it has to make up stories about Muhammad and Islam being in the Bible; guess you never will or any Muslims for that matter.
Shalom and love in the name of YESHUA coming soon and I really hope you’ll wake up before its to late, before HE comes
chana
Jesus tells his disciples that he will return before they can "go over the cities of Israel." Later (24:14) he says he will not come until the gospel is preached throughout the world. Well, his disciples went over the cities of Israel and then died waiting for the "return of the Lord." Now, nearly 2000 years later, and long after the gospel had been preached throughout the world, his followers still wait. 10:23 [/quote]

YESHUA said:
Really can you prove this? And do you know who was born by a virgin hundreds of years earlier. So that means that Jesus was not born by a virgin? Or am I missing something here.
The virgin birth was added later in the Bible (first two books do not mention it). So it seems that people misunderstood an Old Testament prophesy and added it to fix up the story. They misinterpreted Isaiah 7:14. The first misinterpreted "almah" as "virgin" when it should mean "young woman." From Religious Tolerance:

The birth being discussed in Isaiah 7:14 appears to be unrelated to Jesus. It describes the Syro-Ephraimite invasion of Judah and the siege of Jerusalem about 735 BCE. The child that was born to the young woman at the time was a sign from God that the siege would be lifted and that Jerusalem would continue as before. The prophecy was presumably completely fulfilled more than 700 years before the birth of Jesus. For King Ahaz circa 735 BCE, "the birth of the Messiah some seven hundred years later would have been of little consolation!"

So at least you admit that Islam is making up stories about Muhammad and Islam being in the Bible, HALLELU-YAH
I am an atheist, not a Muslim, so I believe all the holy books were made up.

I believe in both the Old and the New Testament and I know that both of them is from GOD and you would know too if you would read them.
I have read them and I fond them just as valid as Greek or Norse mythology. They sound the same and they deal with local tribal gods.

Do you know what a prophecy is? Do you have any prophecies in the Qur'an I mean besides those you make up to be prophecies?
It is a prediction of the future. Since many scholars think the Bible was written years after the fact (due to some of the historical errors in them) the do not count as prophest because they are stating what happened, not what will happen.

Quath

The birth being discussed in Isaiah 7:14 appears to be unrelated to Jesus. It describes the Syro-Ephraimite invasion of Judah and the siege of Jerusalem about 735 BCE. The child that was born to the young woman at the time was a sign from God that the siege would be lifted and that Jerusalem would continue as before. The prophecy was presumably completely fulfilled more than 700 years before the birth of Jesus. For King Ahaz circa 735 BCE, "the birth of the Messiah some seven hundred years later would have been of little consolation!"

So maybe you could tell me what the significant would be to this birth? And how would the people of Israel know who the woman would be? lets say a couple of thousand women gave birth how would they know which one it would be, and suppose nobody gave birth that year?
It is a prediction of the future. Since many scholars think the Bible was written years after the fact (due to some of the historical errors in them) the do not count as prophest because they are stating what happened, not what will happen.

Oh really lets see some of the prophecies about Jesus shall we?
And then tell me that all prophecies were written after the event to place.
Psalms 2

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. 6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. 10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
Psalms 22

1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? 2 O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. 3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. 4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. 5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. 6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. 7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, 8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. 9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. 10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly. 11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. 12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. 13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. 14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. 15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. 16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. 17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. 18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. 19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me. 20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog. 21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns. 22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. 23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. 24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard. 25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him. 26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever. 27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. 28 For the kingdom is the LORD's: and he is the governor among the nations. 29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul. 30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. 31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.
Proverbs 30

1 The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal, 2 Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man. 3 I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy. 4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? 5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Isaiah 53

1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Zechariah 9

9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. 10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.
Malachi 4

1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. 3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts. 4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. 5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

There is more prophecies about of YESHUA as HIS name is in Hebrew and when you read about the ARM of the LORD it is YESHUA most of the time, but it will take up to much room
Shalom and love in the name of YESHUA
chana

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back