Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Why Is The Bible Filled with?

G

Racism , murder , sexism(and this is a serious topic , read the bible again sometime)

How about you post some lines of scripture which you view as such?

Baphomet said:
if there is a hell

No doubt in my mind.

Sorry to pull a quote from a movie, but one struck me. While watching Constantine, the main character is talking to another and she states, "I don't believe in the Devil"

To which Keanu (Constantine) replies, "Well you should, he believes in you."

I think satan loves it when people believe he doesn't exist.

Fnerb said:
No doubt in my mind.

Sorry to pull a quote from a movie, but one struck me. While watching Constantine, the main character is talking to another and she states, "I don't believe in the Devil"

To which Keanu (Constantine) replies, "Well you should, he believes in you."

I think satan loves it when people believe he doesn't exist.

makes no difference to me if Satan exists or not . The evil in this world is not because of Satan , its because of the violent nature that humanity has

Baphomet said:
makes no difference to me if Satan exists or not .

I'm sorry you feel that way. Eternal seperation from God is something I never wish to face.

I saw you mentioned you were catholic. Is there a driving factor behind your beliefs?

Fnerb said:
I'm sorry you feel that way. Eternal seperation from God is something I never wish to face.

I saw you mentioned you were catholic. Is there a driving factor behind your beliefs?

basicly , just people forcing their beliefs on me and other people made me turn away , I do believe in God and Satan , but it would not make any difference in my life if they are real or not , God , to me , is an idea

Baphomet said:
basicly , just people forcing their beliefs on me and other people made me turn away , I do believe in God and Satan , but it would not make any difference in my life if they are real or not , God , to me , is an idea

So, Baphomet,

Why have you picked the name of a satanic symbol for your screen name?

Gabbylittleangel said:
So, Baphomet,

Why have you picked the name of a satanic symbol for your screen name?

lol , that is a misconception , the Baphomet originally was the God of Fertility , the Vatican just associated it with Satanism(hence why everyone thinks the Baphomet is evil)

Baphomet said:
lol , that is a misconception , the Baphomet originally was the God of Fertility , the Vatican just associated it with Satanism(hence why everyone thinks the Baphomet is evil)

Next question:

Why would you pick a name that you believe is associated with a god of fertility?
BTW The word god in this case, should be spelled with a lower case "g".

No one can force their beliefs on you nor can they turn you away from your beliefs. They can tell you what they believe, but you are the one to choose whether you believe it or not.

ChristineES said:
No one can force their beliefs on you nor can they turn you away from your beliefs. They can tell you what they believe, but you are the one to choose whether you believe it or not.

I know , thats why I am fine the way I am now , and I don't know , I just like the Baphomet

Baphomet said:

Hi,

People can be pushy with their beliefs which may or may not be misconstrued, but this also happens in other endeavours: advertising, TV, Radio, newspapers, the education system, parents, culture and movies.(?)

makes no difference to me if Satan exists or not

It makes one wonder then why a person who belives that would have the name of a demonic god (symbolic to some of Satan) as their screen name then.

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word and how it was used in the ancient literature. The word baphomet is thought to be equivalent of the Hebrew word seirim, which is translated several times in the Bible as a "goat-demon" (NASB). Basically Baphomet is a Satyr of ancient mythology, which were associated with demons.

Baphomet said:
Racism , murder , sexism(and this is a serious topic , read the bible again sometime)
The main issue in the Bible, is God's commandments, and God's efforts to bring mankind back into harmony with God's Law of love, the 10 commandments, as found in Exodus 20:3-17.

God is showing us what mankind degrades to, when God's Law is abandoned, or forgotten.

From one small sin (Adam & Eve's), the very next generation (Cain & Abel) resulted in someone being killed !

Back