Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Why People Misunderstand Who Christ Is

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Saturday 1-21-23 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tevet 28 5783 32nd. Winter Day

Christ Himself, however, to this ancient belief. He plainly said that His Father is greater than He Himself! John 14:28, He also spoke of The Father in plain terms, saying in prayer to Him, And this eternal life, that they may know you, The Only True GOD, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. John 17:3

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 13:16
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

John 12:49-50

King James Version

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 8:28

King James Version

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 8

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie

Why people misunderstand who Jesus is, is usually because they take verses out of context as well as fail to take into account all that Scripture says about him, and God.

For example, if I were to take your post at face value, it strongly suggests that Jesus isn't God. If that is what is meant, then that would be a case of taking verses out of context and failing to take into account all that is said about Jesus and God. Even 1 Cor 8:6 isn't being understood properly on its own.

Why people misunderstand who Jesus is, is usually because they take verses out of context as well as fail to take into account all that Scripture says about him, and God.

For example, if I were to take your post at face value, it strongly suggests that Jesus isn't God. If that is what is meant, then that would be a case of taking verses out of context and failing to take into account all that is said about Jesus and God. Even 1 Cor 8:6 isn't being understood properly on its own.
Hello Free, and how are you all? you are correct, we were mostly studying: https://christianforums.net/threads/is-michael-another-name-for-jesus.94891/ which is the reason that I posted: Why People Misunderstand Who Jesus Is,
but could not find the answer to Is Michael Another For Jesus, I wonder can anyone? Thank you.

Love, Walter and Debbie

There are several reasons why people might misunderstand who Christ is. Some of the main reasons include:

>Lack of education: Many people may not have a deep understanding of Christian theology, history, or scripture, which can lead to misunderstandings about Christ's identity and teachings.​
>Religious and cultural background: People's religious or cultural background can influence how they perceive and understand Christ. For example, a person raised in a non-Christian tradition may have a different understanding of Christ than someone raised in a Christian tradition.​
>Personal beliefs and biases: People's personal beliefs and biases can also influence how they perceive and understand Christ. For example, someone who is skeptical of religion may have a different understanding of Christ than someone who is deeply committed to their faith.​
>Conflicting teachings: Different Christian denominations may have different teachings and interpretations of Christ, which can lead to misunderstandings about who He is.​
>Misinterpretation of scripture: Misinterpretation of scripture is another factor that can lead to misunderstanding of who Christ is, it can happen due to lack of knowledge of the context, historical background, and the original language.​
>Lack of spiritual experiences: Some people might misunderstand who Christ is because they have not had any personal spiritual experiences that have helped them to connect with Him more deeply.​

Ultimately, a deeper understanding of Word of God and the context in which they were given can help to clarify any misunderstandings and deepen one's understanding of who He is.

Hi Free, Well I was reading, The Origin of the "Word" of God When, or how, did the "Logos" come into being? Paul wrote to the Hebrews, "God . . . hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, BY WHOM also he made the worlds [the entire universe!]; who being the brightness of his glory, and the express IMAGE of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high" (Heb.1:1-3). Christ, the Logos, was the FIRST one made "in the IMAGE" of God the Father -- at Creation -- before the "beginning" of everything else -- for He was used by the Father in creating everything else! What is an "image"?

Look at yourself in the mirror. You will see your "image" or "likeness" reflected there. An "image" is a visible likeness or representation. But notice! An "image" is NEVER THE ORIGINAL! It is always a "copy" that is "patterned" after the "original." Since Christ is here plainly called "the IMAGE" of God's person, He is of necessity the COPY of the person of God the Father! Thus the Logos was not the original. He himself was "patterned" or "made" into the "image" of God the Father! We also, today, are being conformed and shaped, by human testing, trials, and experiences, into conformity to that very same image! We are being 'TRANSFORMED," by the renewing of our mind (Rom.12:2). Christ's own character is being formed IN us -- as Paul wrote, "My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed IN you" (Gal.4:19).

But there is more info. if interesting

Where did Paul ever write that Christ, the Logos, was made?

Where did Paul ever write that Christ, the Logos, was made?
I searched for what you are asking, but it comes up with the word in John, and What is the Logos?. Logos is broadly defined as the Word of God, or principle of divine reason and creative order, identified in the Gospel of John with the second person of the Trinity incarnate in Jesus Christ. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

I searched for what you are asking, but it comes up with the word in John, and What is the Logos?. Logos is broadly defined as the Word of God, or principle of divine reason and creative order, identified in the Gospel of John with the second person of the Trinity incarnate in Jesus Christ. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
Exactly. Therefore, the Word, the Son, is uncreated and has always existed just as the Father has always existed.

Exactly. Therefore, the Word, the Son, is uncreated and has always existed just as the Father has always existed.
The first definition must have been from a different source, but this one is from that same website but different area:
Logos is the Greek word transcribed as “reason,” “word,” “speech,” or “principle.” In Greek philosophy, it related to a universal, divine reason or the mind of God. The gospel of John connected this Greek term with the nature and existence of God and Jesus Christ.

There are several reasons why people might misunderstand who Christ is. Some of the main reasons include:

>Lack of education: Many people may not have a deep understanding of Christian theology, history, or scripture, which can lead to misunderstandings about Christ's identity and teachings.​
>Religious and cultural background: People's religious or cultural background can influence how they perceive and understand Christ. For example, a person raised in a non-Christian tradition may have a different understanding of Christ than someone raised in a Christian tradition.​
>Personal beliefs and biases: People's personal beliefs and biases can also influence how they perceive and understand Christ. For example, someone who is skeptical of religion may have a different understanding of Christ than someone who is deeply committed to their faith.​
>Conflicting teachings: Different Christian denominations may have different teachings and interpretations of Christ, which can lead to misunderstandings about who He is.​
>Misinterpretation of scripture: Misinterpretation of scripture is another factor that can lead to misunderstanding of who Christ is, it can happen due to lack of knowledge of the context, historical background, and the original language.​
>Lack of spiritual experiences: Some people might misunderstand who Christ is because they have not had any personal spiritual experiences that have helped them to connect with Him more deeply.​

Ultimately, a deeper understanding of Word of God and the context in which they were given can help to clarify any misunderstandings and deepen one's understanding of who He is.
Very well said and welcome to CF :wave2

The first definition must have been from a different source, but this one is from that same website but different area:
Logos is the Greek word transcribed as “reason,” “word,” “speech,” or “principle.” In Greek philosophy, it related to a universal, divine reason or the mind of God. The gospel of John connected this Greek term with the nature and existence of God and Jesus Christ.
To me, that is essentially saying the same thing. John uses the term logos and applies it to an aspect of God in a personal way, ascribing to the logos deity.

Back