Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why would God create imperfect beings and then get angry that they are imperfect?

Perhaps you should say "the majority of Protestants". In actuality there are much more Catholic and Orthodox than there are Protestants, and Calvinism is peculiar to Protestantism. The doctrines of TULIP are only 500 years old.
I can't remember what I was replying to in that. Yes, the actual TULIP is recent, but we can go clear back to St. Augustine for most of what TULIP teaches.

Yeah, but He didn't really do that did He? He kept 8 people to start over again. Then afterwards He said this:
He DID really do that - EXCEPT 8 people whom He spared. Actually He threatened to do it agian on Israel after the golden calf worship, He didn't do it for the sake of Moses who pleaded for mercy.

And the Lord said to Moses, “I have seen this people, and indeed it is a stiff-necked people! Now therefore, let Me alone, that My wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them. And I will make of you a great nation.” (Ex. 32:9-10)

They don't say that. We are in bondage to sin, in bondage to enmity against God. Moral laws just show how in bondage we are.
But as long as free will is the answer for the accusatory question - "how could a good God allow so much evil in the world," then it inevitably implies that the "free" in free will is free from good to do evil, instead of free from evil to do good.

Back