Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study will G~d forgive every sinful thought?

S

Shred1000

because last day in class we were reading an offensive rap song (analyzing the lyrics in class) and i thought *wow, this is longer than the Bible"

is that an insult?
and
is that related in any way to the unpardonable sin?

thanks in advance for replies.

What you are really asking is "what is the unpardonable sin?"...right?

If you look up in a concordance the phrase "unpardonable sin", you will find that in a few sentences before that one, there will be something to the effect that God will forgive EVERY sin...IOWs, there is no sin that God will never forgive... So, if you curse God, and then say youre sorry, God forgives...If you damn the Holy Spirit, He still forgives...
Shoot someone, God still forgives...

But there is one sin that is unpardonable....And that is the sin of never opening your heart and turning to God. If you never sought God, or worse, sought and rejected Him, thinking that He wasn't worth your time, and you never prayed to Him, that is the one sin He could never forgive, because you never asked Him to take you back. And that is the unpardonable sin....

Admiral said:
What you are really asking is "what is the unpardonable sin?"...right?

If you look up in a concordance the phrase "unpardonable sin", you will find that in a few sentences before that one, there will be something to the effect that God will forgive EVERY sin...IOWs, there is no sin that God will never forgive... So, if you curse God, and then say youre sorry, God forgives...If you damn the Holy Spirit, He still forgives...
Shoot someone, God still forgives...

But there is one sin that is unpardonable....And that is the sin of never opening your heart and turning to God. If you never sought God, or worse, sought and rejected Him, thinking that He wasn't worth your time, and you never prayed to Him, that is the one sin He could never forgive, because you never asked Him to take you back. And that is the unpardonable sin....

ok, so it isn't about what i thought about in class that day right?

Shred1000 said:

I don't know...I flunked mind reading back in the 3rd grade.... :-D

What was in you mind in class? A rap song, you say?

Why were you listening to a rap song in class?

Was it for class?

I guess I don't know the particulars about the class.....

With the exception of the unpardonable sin, any sin is forgivable as long as one repents. :wink:

I saved and redeemed - I am eternally forgiven for all that I've done or will ever do - when I sin I read Eph. 1:7 and see that I'm forgiven.

My forgiveness is not dependent or based on anything I do or say (confess).

In Christ I am perfect and that is how God sees me and any other saint in Christ.

Praise God for his mercy and grace :-D

God bless 8-)

Admiral said:
Shred1000 said:

I don't know...I flunked mind reading back in the 3rd grade.... :-D

What was in you mind in class? A rap song, you say?

Why were you listening to a rap song in class?

Was it for class?

I guess I don't know the particulars about the class.....

ahhhh! now i am even more concerned.

first of all, we were analyzing a rap song in class and i ONLY thought "this rap song is as long as the Bible" as a side joke. i was only being sarcastic and i am just a joker sometimes, but i really wish i don't make jokes about the Word.

you see what i mean? like i am always fooling around, and sometimes i think of the meanest things even though they aren't intentionally.

so yeah, what i thought of (i never said it out loud in class) the rap song. is that an insult to the Bible or an unpardonable sin?

Shred1000 said:

first of all, we were analyzing a rap song in class and i ONLY thought "this rap song is as long as the Bible" as a side joke. i was only being sarcastic and i am just a joker sometimes, but i really wish i don't make jokes about the Word.

Ya know, God is a joker His own self...Have you never seen a child begin to walk? A platapuss? read how a donkey talked to Balaam?

Don't worry about jokes.... As long as they are clean, you have nothing to repent of....

Admiral said:
Shred1000 said:

Ya know, God is a joker His own self...Have you never seen a child begin to walk? A platapuss? read how a donkey talked to Balaam?

Don't worry about jokes.... As long as they are clean, you have nothing to repent of....

but the thing is i'm not sure if it was clean or not.

as i was analyzing the rap son along with the class, i thought "this is as long as the Bible."

is that offensive like to God's word and is that forgiven?

Heidi said:
Anything is forgiven except the sin against the Holy Spirit. :)
This sin cannot happen today for the Lord is not bodily present like he was in the Gospels.

People need to quit worrying about this. :-?

alright, so it's forgivable if i relate a rap song to the length of the Bible?

Shred1000 said:
but the thing is i'm not sure if it was clean or not.

as i was analyzing the rap son along with the class, i thought "this is as long as the Bible."

is that offensive like to God's word and is that forgiven?

Without getting into a lot of detail, and long winded lengthy discussion [which my typing fingers yell in protest], I wouldn't worry about it.

Suffice to say, you will find out that thoughts pop into a person's head without reason. You are kinda like that screen you are now watching... Once in a while, someone [an angel or a devil and sometimes a man] will make something pop up on that screen [ = in your mind].

You have free will....

You can chhoose to accept the thought and dwell on it...or you can move on...to something more wholesome. It's your choice...

Just realize that thoughts are neither good nor bad...they just are..

And they can be used as tools...to realize other things...

That is why we have people like Paul or James or Peter....And why we also have people like Nero, Stalin, Hitler....[and in some minds, Bush..but that last one is a political opinion :) ]

Remeber the what Jesus said...It's what comes OUT of the mouth,.... *that* is what indicates a persons spirituality....

Be kind, and be blessed and most of all, be a blessing to others...

well it was only a thought, and i actually felt uneasy thinking like that.

i said it out loud, but i didn't mean it and even still, i was only asking my friend whether or not relating the Bible to a rap song is a sin. he's my Christian friend and he even laughed at what i said.

i didn't mean it as a joke, but rather a question like if i said so and so, is it a sin?

Will God forgive every sinful thought?

Hi Shred 1000: If you are a beliving Christian, then you are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. If your conscious bothers you because of having to think on unwholesome thoughts, then don't do it. Then just tell your teacher it is gutteral trash, or something like that, and refuse. The bible also says Christ lives within your heart. And if Christ is in you, then you are in Christ, by faith.

As for the sin question, it was settled at Calvary. Since we are new creations in Christ, the new has come. "All this is from God....that is, God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation." 2 Cor.5:18,19.

As Christians, members of the church/body of Christ, we will be judged for our deeds, whether good or bad, at the judgement seat of Christ in the heavenlies, after we have been caught up to the heavens. See Rom.14:10, 2 Cor.5:10; & 1 Cor.15:51-54.

As for the wicked, they will be judged for their deeds at the Great White Throne. See Rev.20:11-15.

Bick

Don't worry about it period. Though I don't like that I've done it, I've thought thoughts and made such jokes unintentionally, not too often, but I guess I make the remark (in my head) before I realize what it was. So long as you don't do it intentionally you're OK.

There's a joke from the 4th century A.D. about Hell:

When asked what did God do before he created the heavens and the earth, some men answered, "He was preparing Hell for people who ask such questions."

And St. Augustine answered something of the sort, "You shouldn't joke about such matters," or something.

Guess that must have been a gut-buster back in the day. Jerry Seinfeld would have been the a superstar back then.

Back