Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Winners Lie ....Against God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
J

Jay T

I heard that the winner of the Super Bowl gave God the credit for winning......What a LIE !

God had absolutely no interest in the Super Bowl !

1 John 2:15 "Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world".

Jay T said:
I heard that the winner of the Super Bowl gave God the credit for winning......What a LIE !

Jay,
HOW DARE YOU!

My God cares. If it concerns His child, it concerns Him. He said that anything that we pray about that He would hear, and he would answer. Maybe you care nothing about football or The Superbowl. Be real careful when you speak for God while leaning on your own understanding. Tony D is a Christian. He is a football coach. He ministers to people in the name of Jesus.

How is it that you believe that the God who created the heavens and the earth, who gave His Son to die so that we could live forever with Him, does not care about the things that we care about? The more of your doctrines I read, the more I feel as if I am reading the writings of a Pharisee.

Consider these verses.

Mat 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

Luk 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

Luk 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luk 21:18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

Act 27:34 Wherefore I pray you to take [some] meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you.

My suggestion? Go into your prayer closet, close the door, and tell God that you think Tony Dungy is a liar. Ask Him if He is pleased with your accusations. Tell Him that Gabbylittleangel claims that He cares about anything that matters to His children, even if it is a football game.

Then be still and listen for His answer.

Gabbylittleangel said:
Jay,
HOW DARE YOU!

My God cares. If it concerns His child, it concerns Him. He said that anything that we pray about that He would hear, and he would answer. Maybe you care nothing about football or The Superbowl. Be real careful when you speak for God while leaning on your own understanding. Tony D is a Christian. He is a football coach. He ministers to people in the name of Jesus.

How is it that you believe that the God who created the heavens and the earth, who gave His Son to die so that we could live forever with Him, does not care about the things that we care about? The more of your doctrines I read, the more I feel as if I am reading the writings of a Pharisee.

Consider these verses.

Mat 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

Luk 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

Luk 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luk 21:18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

Act 27:34 Wherefore I pray you to take [some] meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you.

My suggestion? Go into your prayer closet, close the door, and tell God that you think Tony Dungy is a liar. Ask Him if He is pleased with your accusations. Tell Him that Gabbylittleangel claims that He cares about anything that matters to His children, even if it is a football game.

Then be still and listen for His answer.
Sounds impressive...YET, you still managed to aviod what God said.....

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

This is in your Bible, isn't it ?

Scott said:
Free your mind man... its begging to be used.
Only letting Jesus Christ control a person's life can that be done.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Sad day.. we aren't puppets. In the most technical sense of the word there are no strings attached. But we all are held in the clutches of destiny... whatever that may be both good or bad. We are manipulated and coerced by our surroundings & life experiences to fulfill our roles on this giant chessboard. We all have a role to play.

Scott said:
Sad day.. we aren't puppets. In the most technical sense of the word there are no strings attached. But we all are held in the clutches of destiny... whatever that may be both good or bad. We are manipulated and coerced by our surroundings & life experiences to fulfill our roles on this giant chessboard. We all have a role to play.
The Kinds of People God Wants

You and I had nothing to say about our coming into this world, BUT....how and where we spend eternity is entirely in our hands, and depends wholly upon our own choice.

If you choose to spend eternity in God's everlasting Kingdom, then you must bring your life into harmony with God's ways, with his ideals and standards, with His Laws ...and pattern of living.

For He will not change His Kingdom to suit your convenience or comform to your ideas.

His is a Kingdom of Righteousness (Right-doing) and Peace and Joy.
If you want to live in God's Kingdom, you must be Righteous (Yourself), at peace with God and man.

The Prophet Isaiah states the matter very clearly and leaves no one in doubt regarding who will make the change.
He says: "Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon him while he is near...let the wicked forsake his way, and the UNrighteous man his thoughts.....FOR MY THOUGHTS ARE NOT YOUR THOUGHTS, NEITHER ARE YOUR WAYS MY WAYS, SAYS THE LORD.
FOR AS THE HEAVENS ARE HIGHER THAN THE EARTH, SO ARE MY WAYS HIGHER THAN YOUR WAYS, AND MY THOUGHTS HIGHER THAN YOUR THOUGHTS", (Isaiah 55:8,9)

Such is the difference between God's eternal Knigdom and the Kingdoms of this world.
Here on this earth man's ideas and ways prevail, BUT over there God's thoughts and standards hold absolute sway.
If you don't like them, then you will not be there.
For God does not want you there in His everlasting Kingdom UNLESS you want to be thereand are willing to conform your life in EVERY detail to His ways and wishes, to His pattern of noble living.
That is it, as far as His Kingdom is concerned, and he says in effect: Take it or leave it !

There will be no compulsion, no coercion, no undue persuasion, no force of any kind.
There will be no more compromising, or coddling.
It is this or else. God is through with sin and sinners.
He has set a day when sin and those who hang onto their sins will be eradicated and destroyed wherever it may be found.
WHY ?
God has, for thousands of years, felt the pain and sufferings of people, who have been effected by sin and its consequences.
He has felt the starvation of little children....
He has felt the pain and suffering of those people who died under the terrible diseases, such as cancer, Black Plague, etc.
He has felt the pain of people, who have lost loved ones, through wars...accidents....etc.

God knows the kinds of people He wants with him throughout all eternity in His Kingdom of Peace and Joy, where no more sin, sickness or sorrow will be found.

As God looks down upon this world of ours, He does not see may different religions or faiths by which men live. He does not see even one of them.....Christianity divided as it is into many different sects, groups, or denominations.
This division among the Christian people did not originate with God. It is not recognized in the scriptures.
For if we read in Psalms 14:....we come to the conclusion that in God's sight there are in the world but 2 classes of people.
Verse 2 says....."The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God".

"Here is the patience of the saints...here are they that keep the commandments of God, and have the faith of Jesus", (Revelation 14:12)

What is light when there is no darkness?! We are a form of entertainment. The events of our lives shape us. Without the villian there is no hero. We don't live in a perfect world and it wasn't perfect before we got here, we just didn't recognize sin until the fall of man. We are manipulated and coerced by our surroundings & life experiences to fulfill our roles on this giant chessboard. We all have a role to play. There is so much more in the grand scheme of things than a rose garden and a fire pit. There are so many questions we can't overlook and at the same time truly subscribe to faith. Either one must turn a blind and pretend to not see (which is to lie) or to face those inconsistencies head on and open oneself up the to possibilities of there consequences. You can play the lawyer or politician and ignore the questions but they will haunt you... they won't go away. So you can continue on selling your insurance to anyone who will listen... & those who don't do their homework will get caught up in the scam and live the lie with you. Jesus was not here to create a religion, sadly though His words were tied up in something that men desired to create... the imperfect castle where the walls crack and cave as the foundation crumbles. I'm no longer content with irrational answers.. I won't turn a blindeye to it all.

Sounds impressive...YET, you still managed to avoid what God said.....
1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
This is in your Bible, isn't it ?
Back to the Bible. Most important today than ever before in our lives, or in the world.
The Bible is ignored more today than ever before.

1 John 2:15 "Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world".
Hey All,
Come on now. Everybody knows God is a Saints fan.

1 Thessalonians 3:13
To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

He even travels with the team.

God is also an Angels fan.

2 Thessalonians 1:7
And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

He travels with them as well.

By contrast, God does not like the Devils

Corinthians 10:21
Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils

He will not let them even sit at His table.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Back