Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Words Have Effects On You

Words have effects on you in accordance with what they say, The Bible shows us this. Even names have effects of people, look at Jacob for instance his name means supplanter or one who takes the place of another and what did he do, he ended up deceiving his father as if he was his brother. Notice, he exhibited the characteristic of his name. And you see in 1 Samuel 25 there was a man named Nabal, while David was on the run both he and his men watched over his servants and herds so David sent some men to go ask him for some food. But, when they did he treated them roughly so they went back and told David what he had said so David told his men to get their swords because he was going to kill Nabal and all his servants. But, when Nabal's wife heard what he had done she hurried and loaded some asses with food and took it to David. Notice, what she told David in 1 Samuel 25:25 Let not my lord, I pray thee, regard this man of Belial, even Nabal: for as his name is so is he. Nabal means foolish, that is a principle he exhibited the characteristic of his name. Look at the instance of Abram and Saria, God promised him that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars, but his body was dead and her womb was dead. So, what did God do changed their names from Abram-high father to Abraham-father of a multitude and from Saria-my princess to Sarah-princess of nations and they became as their names. Most known the angel told Mary what her son's name was to be, Jesus which means savior/deliverer and he lived out his name. Notice, all of their names had meaning and they became as the meaning of their names.

In Romans 12:14 it says, Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. So, you are capable of blessing and cursing and you do them by your words. In James 3:10 it says, Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My bretheren, these things ought not so to be. Blessing and cursing has effects on you and others, in Genesis 24:60 it says they blessed Rebekah saying, Thou art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of millions, and let thy seed possess the gate of those that hate them. Did those words come to pass, yes. Deuteronomy 1:10 The Lord your God hath multiplied you, and, behold, ye are this day as the stars of heaven for multitude. You see in 1 Samuel 2:20,21 And Eli blessed Elkanah and his wife, and said, The Lord give thee seed of this woman for the loan which is lent to the Lord. And they went unto their own home. 21 And the Lord visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters. And the child Samuel grew before the Lord. Did those words have any kind of effect on them, yes. Someone might be thinking that was Eli, a priest, but Revelation 1:6 says that Jesus Christ has made us both kings and priests. Your words even have the effect of healing on your body. Proverbs 12:18 says, But the tongue (words) of the wise is health (medicine, remedy, healing, cure). And Proverbs 16:24 says, Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Now, understand that's when your words are in line with God's word because it's his words that are life and health to all your flesh as it says in Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. So, your words have to be in line with God's word. When I lined my words with God's words my words were health to my flesh and I received my healing. One of the main reasons words have effects is what Jesus taught in Mark 4 and that is that words are seeds. Jesus even said that the words you plant in your heart there will be a manifestation of them. In Mark 4:22 Jesus said, For there is nothing hid(to conceal by covering) that shall not be manifested(visible). Jesus well understood that because he himself was as John 1:14 calls him the word made flesh. Jesus was a living, breathing manifestation of the word. Proverbs 18:21 says, Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Fruit is the product of seeds sown, so your words produce fruit. Words have effects on you.

When you say expect to see. Why does a farmer sow a seed, why does a person plant a garden, because they expect to see, to have something in the future. By putting a seed in the ground they expect to have the thing in the future. That's the kingdom of God when I say something I sow something Mark 4:26-28. They know there's a system in place that if I put this seed in the ground and attend to it I will have the thing in the future. There's no argument about it, there's no debate about it they know that system works and it's settled. But, some people don't consider words are seeds, but the scripture says words are seed, The sower soweth the word (Mark 4:14). Expect to see what you said in the future. But, you have to hold fast to your confession of faith. Hebrews 10:23, Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;). That word profession is the same word confession which means to say the same thing. Because, a seed needs to be more than just planted it also needs to be watered. 1 Corinthians 3:6,7 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. The only reason to sow something is to see something, have something in the future. In the natural people believe so much in that system they will go out and water the ground without seeing anything in anticipation of seeing something in the future. It's just as sure if not more sure in the spiritual, because God's word is always good. 1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. God's word is incorruptible seed meaning it is always good. Make sure your heart is good ground, And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred (Mark 4:20). Sometimes people think God is all powerful, but have no confidence in his word. But, God and his word are one (John 1:1). So, when I say/sow God's word I expect to see it and so should you.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12). 1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
Jas 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
Jas 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
Jas 3:4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jas 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Back