Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Words of encouragement please....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
H

hesahama

Hi friends,

I have been struggling with a prayer for quite a long time and as each day passes, unanswered, I feel my faith is wavering.
I pray and pray but to no avail. Well at least not yet.
As each day pass, I feel im going to sink, deeper and deeper.
What is perseverance? How can I persevere when really my heart is in darkness?
How do I pray so that he'll answer my prayers? I am no saint, but I know Im a work in progress. Or isn't that enough for GOD?

hesahama said:
Hi friends,

I have been struggling with a prayer for quite a long time and as each day passes, unanswered, I feel my faith is wavering.
I pray and pray but to no avail. Well at least not yet.
As each day pass, I feel im going to sink, deeper and deeper.
What is perseverance? How can I persevere when really my heart is in darkness?
How do I pray so that he'll answer my prayers? I am no saint, but I know Im a work in progress. Or isn't that enough for GOD?

Remember in prayer - we are seeking HIs answer - not what we would 'want'.

Prayer is the to get into alignment with God.

As someone who has going through the same type of thing right now, which can be very discouageing I know sometimes I feel like giving in and just stop praying, that is an attack by the enemy. Do not give in that is what satan wants. I know this is not what you want to hear right now but sometimes God is testing our persaverence, God all ready knows your problems so sometimes the best prayer is simply HELP! I would like to pray for you know.
Dear Heavenly Father: I lift this person up to you and ask that You first send The comfort of The Holy Spirit, I ask that you reveal yourself to this person, and let your presence be known.
In The Name of Jesus Amen.
Here is a good verse to read and hang on to.
Isaiah 40: 31
God Bless You,
Robert

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord God is with you wherever you go!!

This helps me greatly.

Rosalee Decker
Home & Garden Party
http://www.homeandgardenparty.com/Home? ... aleedecker
1-360-458-5680
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it!

Hi hesahama. It isn't clear from your post as to the nature of your prayer(s). I do know from experience that sometimes the best answer to a particular prayer is no answer at all.

I do pray God, that You will find some way for hesahama to be reassured of Your presence and that Your Spirit be the guide in all prayer. Your Grace is always sufficient and You know our faith is all we can ever really offer up to you. Please teach hesahama and us to have patient endurance in all we do, hope and pray.

In the name of Your Son and our Savior, Jesus.

Amen

Thank you dear friends, for your words of encouragement.
Perseverance is key.
Giving up is not really a choice. If I really do rely on him then giving up means giving up on him. As it is said in James 1:5-8

"5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."

It's just that my human nature kicked in. And I was just frustrated, desperate, depressed, sad etc.
Thank you again friends for you words of encouragement.
GOD bless us all.

Back