Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Would you stop for a hitchhiker?

Kathi

Would you give that person a ride?Why or why not?Do you think more men would stop an women?Why?

Last edited:
I used to on when I was working at the ski resorts. Many times there were young people hitchhiking to work and I'd stop for them whether I recognized them or not.
I hitchhiked once in 1981 to a church function three hrs. way. We got a ride with a semi-trucker and he dropped us off in the church parking lot. :)

I know that in the 50's or 60's we lived in a different world.Maybe it was more common to pick up a hitchhiker then.

I haven't seen a hitchhiker in years, but I would probably give most anyone a ride. I can't think of a reason not to.

I know that in the 50's or 60's we lived in a different world.Maybe it was more common to pick up a hitchhiker then.

I wasn't even driving in the 50's and 60's. I'm talking about less than 10 yrs. ago.

I haven't seen a hitchhiker in years, but I would probably give most anyone a ride. I can't think of a reason not to.

Maybe that's because you are not a woman?

There is no way I would stop for a hitchhiker.God gave me a brain to use and I have seen what is on the news...No thanks.

I picked up a hitchhiker last summer.... a man in rather shabby work clothes, carrying a gas can, no less. Typically, I don't pick up hitchhikers, but I was led to give this one a ride.

His newly purchased used (and rather old) pickup truck had run out of gas. Apparently the gas gauge didn't work after all. Anyway, the guy had just moved back to my state, had just started a job, and was trying to rebuild his life. He mentioned that quite a few people had driven past him, and he figured he could understand why, because of the way he looked and the fact he was carrying a gas can. He had already walked 2 miles in his return to his truck, which was another 3 miles away.

As I pulled up behind his truck on the side of the highway, I asked if we could pray for a moment. He looked surprised, but smiled as he said he could use all the prayers he could. When he got out of my car, he thanked me, then said "May God bless you!"

I wouldn't recommend picking up hitchhikers these days; too many concerns associated with so many of them. It's also against the law in many areas of the US. But then again, if led to do so, one must follow.

I picked up a hitchhiker last summer.... a man in rather shabby work clothes, carrying a gas can, no less. Typically, I don't pick up hitchhikers, but I was led to give this one a ride.

His newly purchased used (and rather old) pickup truck had run out of gas. Apparently the gas gauge didn't work after all. Anyway, the guy had just moved back to my state, had just started a job, and was trying to rebuild his life. He mentioned that quite a few people had driven past him, and he figured he could understand why, because of the way he looked and the fact he was carrying a gas can. He had already walked 2 miles in his return to his truck, which was another 3 miles away.

As I pulled up behind his truck on the side of the highway, I asked if we could pray for a moment. He looked surprised, but smiled as he said he could use all the prayers he could. When he got out of my car, he thanked me, then said "May God bless you!"

I wouldn't recommend picking up hitchhikers these days; too many concerns associated with so many of them. It's also against the law in many areas of the US. But then again, if led to do so, one must follow.
It could be ok but it is taking a chance I do not want to take.About 15 years ago I was walking down the very icy and snow covered road.The snow was up to my calves.It was freezing out.I had taken the bus home from my work.I had about a mile to walk still to get to my home.I prayed "Oh Lord how am I going to do this?".A woman and her two children came by.She said "Honey you look mighty cold.Can I give you a ride?". I could feel the warmth of the SUV.I got in.She took me to my front door.I prayed "Thank you Lord". :)

People get brainwashed from the news. Pumping negative all the time. Out of the millions of hitchikers over the years maybe a handful of people who picked them up had a bad experience, just like anything in life. Probably something like 0.1% of people hitchiking or picking up a hitchiker have ever had a problem.

I think the news enjoys turning brother against brother. Dont pick up that person who just wants a lift up the road because something bad might happen.
I don't take chances.

Everything is chance. When i drive my car up the road i dont know if someone is just going to pull out in front of me.
It is called common sense.I do not take needless chances.If a car hits me it will be because they are doing something stupid.I pray for God to keep me safe then it is God's Will Be Done.

I haven't in a while. I remember a few times at o dark 30 this particular drunk female that needed a ride a time or two. the first time she was crying and saying her bf left her and she didn't know where she was at. so I dropped her off at her home about a month later her and a friend wave me down and I ask them were they want to go. I take them there and then as im driving them I say. I remember you. she reeked of some beer and bragged about last night.

It is called common sense.I do not take needless chances.If a car hits me it will be because they are doing something stupid.I pray for God to keep me safe then it is God's Will Be Done.
3a45c8e632a8caf7d520795c505aa6da.jpg

Hebrews 13
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

9769d1388196126-matter-taste-soapbox.gif

Hebrews 13
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

9769d1388196126-matter-taste-soapbox.gif

I have helped many people in need.I have even picked up a drunken homeless man on the street.But there were people around me.I would not take a stranger just them and me in my car alone with that person.

I have helped many people in need.I have even picked up a drunken homeless man on the street.But there were people around me.I would not take a stranger just them and me in my car alone with that person.

There's nothing wrong with that. Picking up hitchhikers can be risky. Especially for women.

Back