Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

YOU BLUE-EYED DEMON!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Poor Peter.
If only you had been there to save him from such delusions of myth and misinterpretation .

Unchecked Copy Box
1Pe 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Let's cut the crap, Christian.
True believers receive the Word of God as written.
The Holy Spirit through Peter and Jude, two apostles of the Lord and pillars of the Church says the angels that sinned are locked up.
Are you going to be like tenchi and reject the Word of God as written or are you going to reject God's Word outright.

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
2 Peter 2:4.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day
Jude 6.

Yes or no. Are the angels that sinned "locked up?"

Hey All,
Interesting discussion. Does Saul's encounter with Samuel in 1Samuel 28 count? The lady
was expecting a "familiar spirit" and got Samuel himself. Isaiah also mentioned familiar spirits a few times.
Zachariah 13 talks about prophets in association with an unclean spirit.

Do you really believe Satan and his minions were mostly inactive in Old Testament times? They sure got busy when Jesus was here in the flesh. The gospels record that Jesus encountered demons in twelve separate instances before his crucification.
That is a lot of activity for 3 years. ( The time of Jesus' ministry.)

Who Had The Demon(Verses)
1. Many
(Mk 1:32-34)(Mt 8:16-17)(Lk 4:40-41)
2. People In Galilee
(Mk 1:39)
3. A Man At The Capernaum Synagogue
(Mk 1:21-28)(Lk 4:31-37)
4. A Man In Capernaum
(Mt 9:32-33)
5. A Second Man In Capernaum?
(Mt 12:22)(Lk 11:14)
6. People In Capernaum?
(Lk 6:17-19)
7. The Gentile Woman’s Daughter
(Mt 15:21-28)(Mk 7:24-30)
8. Mary Magdalene (And Other Women)
(Lk 8:2)(Mk 16:9)
9. People At The Sea Of Galilee
(Mk 3:10-12)
10. Two Men At Gergesenes (Gadarenes)
(Mt 8:28-32)(Mk 5:1-13)(Lk 8:26-33)
11. A Man’s Son At Caesarea Philippi?
(Mt 16:13)(Mt 17:14-21)(Mk 9:17-29)(Lk 9:38-47)
12. A Crippled Woman
(Lk 13:10-13 – implied)
In (Mt 10:1,8)(Mk 6:7,13)(Lk 9:1)(Mk 3:15), Jesus gave His 12 disciples (and the 70 – Lk 10:1,17-20) “power over unclean spirits.”

In 5 of these instances, Jesus “spoke” to the demon in the process of casting it out.

***Note: It is interesting to note that Jesus is never shown to cast out a demon, or speak to a demon in the Gospel of John.
Copyrights for JesusAlive.cc:

Also not on the list is the Matthew 4 encounter with Satan after having fasted 40 days.
More things to ponder: Keep walking everybody. May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Interesting discussion. Does Saul's encounter with Samuel in 1Samuel 28 count? The lady
was expecting a "familiar spirit" and got Samuel himself. Isaiah also mentioned familiar spirits a few times.
Zachariah 13 talks about prophets in association with an unclean spirit.
Samuel is not a "demon" the way the Gentile Church describes and defines this word today.
"Demons," "devils," "unclean spirits" are the attitudes of man. They are not the spirits of fallen angels nor are they a separate entity themselves.
Do you really believe Satan and his minions were mostly inactive in Old Testament times? They sure got busy when Jesus was here in the flesh. The gospels record that Jesus encountered demons in twelve separate instances before his crucification.
Yes, but these are the attitudes of man, mostly evil in nature. And before Jesus could do any ministering to a person in such a mental condition He had to subdue the mind and attitudes hurled against Him.

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing (attitude/pride/arrogance) that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Cor. 10:3–5.

Thoughts/attitudes are immaterial and emanate from man. You can't see them but you can feel them. Have you ever walked into a room and felt a heaviness or oppression? That is someone's negative attitude, and to find out who has these attitudes exuding from them, all you have to do is look into their countenance.
Cain had attitude with God when He said:

"I know not: Am I my brother’s keeper?" Gen. 4:9.

Attitude.
That is a lot of activity for 3 years. ( The time of Jesus' ministry.)

Who Had The Demon(Verses)
1. Many
(Mk 1:32-34)(Mt 8:16-17)(Lk 4:40-41)
2. People In Galilee
(Mk 1:39)
3. A Man At The Capernaum Synagogue
(Mk 1:21-28)(Lk 4:31-37)
4. A Man In Capernaum
(Mt 9:32-33)
5. A Second Man In Capernaum?
(Mt 12:22)(Lk 11:14)
6. People In Capernaum?
(Lk 6:17-19)
7. The Gentile Woman’s Daughter
(Mt 15:21-28)(Mk 7:24-30)
8. Mary Magdalene (And Other Women)
(Lk 8:2)(Mk 16:9)
9. People At The Sea Of Galilee
(Mk 3:10-12)
10. Two Men At Gergesenes (Gadarenes)
(Mt 8:28-32)(Mk 5:1-13)(Lk 8:26-33)
11. A Man’s Son At Caesarea Philippi?
(Mt 16:13)(Mt 17:14-21)(Mk 9:17-29)(Lk 9:38-47)
12. A Crippled Woman
(Lk 13:10-13 – implied)
In (Mt 10:1,8)(Mk 6:7,13)(Lk 9:1)(Mk 3:15), Jesus gave His 12 disciples (and the 70 – Lk 10:1,17-20) “power over unclean spirits.”

In 5 of these instances, Jesus “spoke” to the demon in the process of casting it out.

***Note: It is interesting to note that Jesus is never shown to cast out a demon, or speak to a demon in the Gospel of John.
Copyrights for JesusAlive.cc:

Also not on the list is the Matthew 4 encounter with Satan after having fasted 40 days.
More things to ponder: Keep walking everybody. May God bless,
Taz
There is nothing different from what took place in the OT and what Jesus confronted in the NT. It's just that the interpretations of the Gentile Church follows the false understanding already exiting at the times of the past hundreds of years.
Do your own research. Don't regurgitate what Christians today teach about demons, which is they were anywhere in the Old Testament in the way the NT Church believes them to be today there would've been NO NEED to coin a NEW Greek word just to describe them in Greek.

Let's cut the crap, Christian.
True believers receive the Word of God as written.
The Holy Spirit through Peter and Jude, two apostles of the Lord and pillars of the Church says the angels that sinned are locked up.
Are you going to be like tenchi and reject the Word of God as written or are you going to reject God's Word outright.

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
2 Peter 2:4.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day
Jude 6.

Yes or no. Are the angels that sinned "locked up?"
How odd that with Peter's testimony we have no doubt that your adversary and mine the Devil is free on planet earth today seeking to destroy you, your chief concern remains with the status of angels.
Really not very sober or vigilant thinking in prioritizing on your part I must say.

Unchecked Copy Box

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

How odd that with Peter's testimony we have no doubt that your adversary and mine the Devil is free on planet earth today seeking to destroy you, your chief concern remains with the status of angels.
Really not very sober or vigilant thinking in prioritizing on your part I must say.

Unchecked Copy Box

I'd say your Hellenized Gentile understanding of Scripture is destroying your knowledge of the truth and in this it will be your undoing.

Look up "devil" in Strong's. It's an adjective and it means, "traducer" and "liar" and "false accuser." It's not a noun and it's not a pronoun. And you'd be grammatically in error to try to make it so.
As children of truth our adversary is lies and falsehoods, and Peter is cautioning his Jewish brethren to be vigilant and be sober because as you may know one lie leads to another to support that lie which leads to another to support the first and second lie and very soon your lies will devour you and cause strain on your relationship with God and brethren.
I for one hate liars. People that call themselves Christian and lie about the Bible to justify their personal beliefs. When they do that, they prostitute themselves to lies and the father of lies and whether they want to accept it God is not their real father. They are deceived. They think they're in the right, but they are so far from it.
But God will judge them for whatever a man reaps that is what he will sow. He either sows to the spirit or sows to the flesh. And this determines their path they are on and the destination they will arrive.
Unless they repent and do the first works.

17 And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly.
18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present.
19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.
20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:
21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.
Acts 21:17–21.

Last edited:
Address the topic and arguments only. Here is a reminder from the ToS:

1.1: Grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views. As best as one is capable, speak truth in love.; ( Mathew 7:12, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)

1.3: Use self control and focus on reconcilliation when discussing differences. Address the issue, not the person. Do not make derogatory personal remarks or you will be removed from the thread.

Address the topic and arguments only. Here is a reminder from the ToS:

1.1: Grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views. As best as one is capable, speak truth in love.; ( Mathew 7:12, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)

1.3: Use self control and focus on reconcilliation when discussing differences. Address the issue, not the person. Do not make derogatory personal remarks or you will be removed from the thread.
Thank you, for that.

I'd say your Hellenized Gentile understanding of Scripture is destroying your knowledge of the truth and in this it will be your undoing.

Look up "devil" in Strong's. It's an adjective and it means, "traducer" and "liar" and "false accuser." It's not a noun and it's not a pronoun. And you'd be grammatically in error to try to make it so.
I'd say If you relied less on " strong's" and more on Jesus your knowledge of the Devil would not be nearly so anemic.
But as long as you are so tired down to it What is "Strong's" interpretation of ,"HE" ?

Jhn 8:44
When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Hey All,
My sources do not agree with the word "devil" being an adjective. It is clearly a noun.
From the Easton Bible Dictionary --The definition for devil:

(Gr. diabolos), a slanderer, the arch-enemy of man's spiritual interest (Job 1:6; Rev. 2:10; Zech. 3:1). He is called also "the accuser of the brethen" (Rev. 12:10).

In Lev. 17:7 the word "devil" is the translation of the Hebrew sair, meaning a "goat" or "satyr" (Isa. 13:21; 34:14), alluding to the wood-daemons, the objects of idolatrous worship among the heathen.

In Deut. 32:17 and Ps. 106:37 it is the translation of Hebrew shed, meaning lord, and idol, regarded by the Jews as a "demon," as the word is rendered in the Revised Version.

In the narratives of the Gospels regarding the "casting out of devils" a different Greek word (daimon) is used. In the time of our Lord there were frequent cases of demoniacal possession (Matt. 12:25-30; Mark 5:1-20; Luke 4:35; 10:18, etc.).

From the KJV Dictionary --DEVIL, n. Devl. L., to calumniate.

1. In the Christian theology, an evil spirit or being a fallen angel, expelled from heaven for rebellion against God the chief of the apostate angels the implacable enemy and tempter of the human race. In the New Testament, the word is frequently and erroneously used for demon.

2. A very wicked person, and in ludicrous language, an great evil. In profane language, it is an expletive expressing wonder, vexation, &c.

3. An idol, or false god. Leviticus 17 . 2 Chronicles 11 .

I do not accept that these described as "devil" are anything less than that. When it comes to believing what man says and what the Bible says, guess which one I accept? The King James version has been in print since 1611. If this were some gross error, it would have been caught, and dealt with by now.

Let me throw one out there. Who are the Nephilim in Genesis 6:2?

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

The reason I ask is because the same term is used in Job1:6:

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

The scene being described is obviously in the presence of the Lord. Plus Satan is called out specifically as being there with them. Satan is among them. How can these beings not be devils/demons whatever you want to call them?
Keep walking everybody. May God,
Taz

I'd say If you relied less on " strong's" and more on Jesus your knowledge of the Devil would not be nearly so anemic.
But as long as you are so tired down to it What is "Strong's" interpretation of ,"HE" ?

Jhn 8:44
When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
I'm not offended for I know it's not true.
God gives His people teachers and although James Strong is a fallible man, he's never let me down. The Holy Spirit has my back because for my calling I must know the Word of God. Every true believer must know the Word of God as written and not change it to suit their own agendas or to support their pet theories, such as the erroneous teachings in the Gentile Church that there are other-worldly entities out there do dastardly deeds and trying to foil the plans of men. What a crock.

Since the original language of the Bible is Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, I rely on Strong for this is the teacher God has put me under to learn His Word. And when I come to the knowledge of the truth of Scripture I have to change and modify my beliefs through the decades to align with Scripture.
Do you do that when a passage of Scripture contradicts what you hold as doctrine?
It's supposed to.
IF you are true born of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back