Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Your Bestest Verse

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cyberseeker

Hey everyone, I am writing some notes and Im looking for a verse of scripture to go after this statement. Can you help? Gimme the bestest verse ya got. :-D

After Gods ultimate sacrifice there would be no more lamb – no more temple. Messiah would be the lamb and he would raise up an everlasting temple not made by mans hands.

Verse here:

Cyber

Heb 10:19-22 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Destiny is on the right track. Read the entire 10th chapter of Hebrews. It talk in depth about your idea.

God Bless,

~Josh

Hi again. Thanks for the good suggestions. Hope you didn't mind me picking your brains but I needed a sounding board. The verse that best suited what I was looking for was Hebrews 9:11-12 taken from the NKJV with a wee bracket out of the Amplified.

Anyway, here is the context of my wording with verse inserted:

• [list:biggrin578b]... This was the countdown period because it was to be a countdown to Gods ultimate sacrifice. After this there would be no more lamb – no more temple. Messiah would be the lamb and he would raise up an everlasting temple not made by mans hands.

["At that appointed time] Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption."

Messiah's cross was the climax – the ultimate sacrifice. But as Daniel said, it didn't happen at the very end. Atonement was accomplished in the middle of the final 'week' leaving three and a half years to complete the cycle ...
[/list:u:biggrin578b]

Cyberseeker

Quote by Cyberseeker:
"... This was the countdown period because it was to be a countdown to Gods ultimate sacrifice. After this there would be no more lamb – no more temple. Messiah would be the lamb and he would raise up an everlasting temple not made by mans hands."

Could you explain this a little.

I read in Rev. 21and 22, that it is God who comes down to dwell with men as their God, who will be making all things new; that on the New Earth in the New Jerusalem, there will be the throne of God and the Lamb. There is no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Bick

Cyberseeker said:
Hey everyone, I am writing some notes and Im looking for a verse of scripture to go after this statement. Can you help? Gimme the bestest verse ya got. :-D

After Gods ultimate sacrifice there would be no more lamb – no more temple. Messiah would be the lamb and he would raise up an everlasting temple not made by mans hands.

Verse here:

Cyber
Ok, you are asking for one verse, so I will give you just one:

"... Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." John 2:19

:biggrin

Though the physical temple and sacrifices continued onto 70AD, it all effectually stopped at His resurrection, the the Everlasting Temple was raised up for all of eternity.

2 Corinthians 5:1 would fit well also:

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back