Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study 71 Days in Isaiah

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well the first 9 verses are read . Sure wish the names were more common. Sounds as if Isaiah could be writing to the church of today...:shame O The Grace showed to His people ...

In my life I am usually quick to point out how sinful the world we live in today is. Isaiah has painted quite an ugly picture but it's about God's people and not the rest of the world. They are diseased from their head to their feet. Verse 6 says none of their wounds have been taken care of. I believe I need to start 2014 with an inward look and not a look outward at the world. How is my walk with God? I'll see if I can't bandage some of the diseased parts.

Eze_34:16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

I liked what verse 9 said. "If the Lord of hosts had not left us a few survivors". All through the Scriptures I see the remnant of God. All through the ages God has always had a "few" out of mankind that love and obey Him. Even when the whole world was corrupt, Noah was the "few".

Psa 38:4 For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
Psa 38:5 My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
Psa 38:6 I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
Psa 38:7 For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
Psa 38:8 I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.

Unrepented sin does this. King David recognized his folly. Israel would not.

For me v 6, speaks of the pity and compassion that the Lord has for the dumber than the ox and ass, people. His desire is to....
As Reba pointed out, the Lord will apply the salve and bind up the wounds. His answer came in Jesus Christ, the Holy One.

Verse 7: Your land is desolate, Your cities are burned with fire, Your fields—strangers are devouring them in your presence; It is desolation, as overthrown by strangers. (NASB)

In Isaiah's admonitions and lamentations, we are warned we cannot sit by idly while the world around us is being destroyed. We are to reach out to those around us, to share the Word with them, and to help them grow as we continue to grow in our relationship with our Lord.

This verse made me look inwardly, to measure whether my behavior and service would be found satisfactory in our Lord's view.

Isaiah is going to be quite the study!

In Isaiah's admonitions and lamentations, we are warned we cannot sit by idly while the world around us is being destroyed. We are to reach out to those around us, to share the Word with them, and to help them grow as we continue to grow in our relationship with our Lord.

This verse made me look inwardly, to measure whether my behavior and service would be found satisfactory in our Lord's view.

Isaiah is going to be quite the study!
These first 9 verses make me think of some people whose children have gone astray and the sufferings they are going through in rebellion.

In reading verses 10-20, I think of the many religions who don't come to the Father through Christ Jesus, how it must dispease Him. Boy, all their, supposed, religious practices, do nothing to impress God. God even despises their actions.

Again we see the pattern God saying look you guys this all for show stuff is not cutting it... wash your selfs ( dont think he meant soap and water) and here comes the Grace.... and a stern warning of rebellion

God is quite adamant about it.
Straighten up your act or else.
Then if you do, the blessings come.
God points out what to do.
Seek justice, encouraged the oppressed.
Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.
There are many ways we can do this.
Does a widow need a ride to church or to run errands, etc.
The fatherless are many today, we need to minister to their needs.
Oppression is rampant in our society today. I guess it always was.
Seeking justice is a question to me as to what God is saying.

I think what God means about seeking justice is this:
We can do things that can hurt others, and we do them out of selfish motives.
This is an injustice.
If we seek justice, we will think twice before we act and cause harm to others.

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Again we see the pattern God saying look you guys this all for show stuff is not cutting it...
I agree Sister. The Israelite people were doing what God had prescribed, burnt offerings, incense, prayer, they celebrated the New Moons and the Sabbaths, but they had rebeled and their hearts were wrong. God refered to their ceremonies as "your" New Moons and "your" appointed feasts instead of "My" and He said His soul hated them. He compared them to Sodom and Gomorrah who He destroyed.
They were simply going through the motions. Just show stuff. Do I do the same thing?
But then comes the call to repentance. I love the verse, "Come now, and let us reason together".

Verses 10 - 20 are as appropo today as they were at the time of Isaiah. There are many leaders (both inside the church & outside) who speak out of both sides of their mouths in order to please people; their eyes on not focused on what pleases our Lord. And we each, the membership/citizens, can find ourselves influenced by the leadership's behavior. Isaiah 1:10-20 squarely places before us the pathway our Lord insists upon, so that we each will not bear the label of 'rulers of Sodom ... people of Gomorrah.'

Just as these verses instruct us to walk in accordance to our Lord's way ... we are also given the means for true, heart-felt repentance, with the assurance that if we honestly seek Him, He will show us His way.

Our Lord's love and grace are so amazing!

Day three, verses 21-31.

Oh, how much I see the United States here.
A description of what is going on in this country today.

The judgments are coming.
But in the middle of it all, God's chosen will be clothed in righteousness.

Oh my, how it must break God's wonderful heart to have seen His precious Wife, Israel, become a whore....My son, who married a girl from a Christian home, who went to and graduated from a great Christian High School, had 4 wonderful children, decided that she had missed out on a lot of fun and went a whoreing in his small Town....Needless to say, it broke his heart. He knows first hand a little of how God feels about Israel.

Verses 10 - 20 are as appropo today as they were at the time of Isaiah. There are many leaders (both inside the church & outside) who speak out of both sides of their mouths in order to please people; their eyes on not focused on what pleases our Lord. And we each, the membership/citizens, can find ourselves influenced by the leadership's behavior. Isaiah 1:10-20 squarely places before us the pathway our Lord insists upon, so that we each will not bear the label of 'rulers of Sodom ... people of Gomorrah.'

Just as these verses instruct us to walk in accordance to our Lord's way ... we are also given the means for true, heart-felt repentance, with the assurance that if we honestly seek Him, He will show us His way.

Our Lord's love and grace are so amazing!

You reminded me of this scripture.
Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

You reminded me of this scripture.
Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Boy, ain't that the truth, Deb.

Back