Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study 71 Days in Isaiah

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Wow what a scary message to His people His Body.... yet again He gives hope

26 I will restore your judges as in days of old,16 your counselors as at the beginning. Afterward you will be called17 the City of Righteousness,18 the Faithful City.19" 27 Zion will be redeemed with justice, her penitent20 ones with righteousness.21

Heb_12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
:sohappy

Isa 1:29 For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.

Eze 6:13 Then shall ye know that I am the LORD, when their slain men shall be among their idols round about their altars, upon every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the place where they did offer sweet savour to all their idols.

Christians need to take care as to the gardens we choose to walk in and that there is nothing in our lives that we have set up as an idol, anything that we allow to come between us and the Lord.

26 I will restore your judges as in days of old,16 your counselors as at the beginning. Afterward you will be called17 the City of Righteousness,18 the Faithful City.19" 27 Zion will be redeemed with justice, her penitent20 ones with righteousness.21

Heb_12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

:amen :woot2

The difference the Cross of Christ has made..... Joy to the World the Lord HAS come....

Col_2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Gal_6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Oh boy are you excited!!! So am I! Oh Dear Lord, how longlasting is your patience. Oh how you love your children! I cannot wait until I see the New Jerusalem, what a day that will be!! :woot2 :sohappy :boing :dancing :clap

Day 4.
These passages seem to be describing the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ.
Is it?
I believe so.
The Jews look towards the day the Messiah brings peace and justice.

Day 4.
Is it?
I believe so.
yes the Chassidic jews and the others do but well the messianic era of another discussion as this would be debate.

Isaiah 1:1-9

1 The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah. 2 Hear , O heavens, and give ear , O earth: for the LORD hath spoken , I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me. 3 The ox knoweth his owner , and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know , my people doth not consider . 4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers , children that are corrupters : they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger , they are gone away backward. 5 Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more : the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. 6 From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed , neither bound up , neither mollified with ointment. 7 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers . 8 And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city. 9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah

ok, the prophet was in the times of uzziah and others up to mananaseh,whom slew him. yet this is about the diaspora and indeed it was the case.i never took notice of this.

You can post the verses from Isaiah into the thread. At the the rate you move along. Just thinking.

Good job, jason.

"Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah"

This bit amazes me.

"Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah"

This bit amazes me.
ye deny Christ and like the bible? why?and in context the kingdoms of Judah and isreal were very much like this. isiah was saying that isreal was worthy of such judgement. yet the YHWH spared them

The "a very small remnant" bit amazes me most. This is what must be holding our world from complete destruction.

I do not know what to say, jason. "But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?"

Day 4....Sure looks like the reign of Messiah. These verses make me think of the New Jerusalem (bieng high) although the Temple Mount, not being very high, would be very high in YHWH's mind. And those who worship.

Day 4.
Is it?
I believe so.

This is not a thread for arguement discussion..of the argumentative sort so i will be brief and not get into a battle. Wow it turned into about the longest post i ever made...
Started a thread over in A&T to keep this on on track. Using Allen's post as a starting point because some many agree with his thoughts....
Thanks allenwynne :)

http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...tnotes-to-the-isaiah-study.51856/#post-883933

Of course. Isaiah 2:1-4. If you don't mind me asking, why are you not a Christian, I just noticed a no on your avatar. Certainly that's a mistake since you seem to know the Scriptures so well.

OK sourberry, I get it, very clever!

Back