Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Call me weird, but...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A Christmas Carol is hardly anything scriptural. In it, Scrooge changes the projected future, NOT by faith in Jesus, but as Hollywood always shows, by HIS OWN ACTIONS and an acceptable and "proper" way of doing things.

It's subtle, as is most of what Hollywood sells us, but it makes the claim that our eternal future is dependent upon acting as a good person should. Even many of our churches propagate that lie.

Last edited:
A Christmas Carol is hardly anything scriptural. In it, Scrooge changes the projected future, NOT by faith in Jesus, but as Hollywood always shows, by HIS OWN ACTIONS and an acceptable and "proper" way of doing things.

It's subtle, as is most of what Hollywood sells us, but it makes the claim that our eternal future is up to acting as a good person should. Even many of our churches propagate that lie.
How do you know that his repentance from acts that lead to death is not the result of faith?

Hmmm :thinking That is too bad.There is a very important allegorical meaning behind the classic Christmas story of A Christmas Carol.
It's one of my favorite stories. It is the story of a man's salvation.

His joy and generosity at the end of the movie reminds me of the story of Zacchaeus, of whom Jesus said,"Today salvation has come to this house" (Luke 19:9 NIV).

Nice and happy little assumption. Proving what I said about Hollywood seducing us very gently.
Assumption?

He's full of joy and gladness, having not done anything except be changed inside by his experience with the visiting spirits, and we are to assume he is not saved by faith in God, but by his own works?

It'll be our little secret. :wink

Absolutely.
smiley_laughing.gif

Back