Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

C'mon Man

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
goodness...

Our son was very young .... 45 years ago candy was displayed kinda in the open... he took something.... When i noticed we went back into the store... gave the clerk the half eaten candy... When the clerk started to say "o thats ok' he got a glare from me that burnt... Johnny picked up trash out side the store got paid and gave the money to the clerk.
Why the law was ever involved in this this is beyond me ...
Are parents are not parents any more..?

You can't believe it! I can't imagine it! Maybe he'll go to juvenile detention for failing to appear at court.

Still a crime though.

Some stores here in Iceland have signs on the door (and I'm sure you have them too) that say "All shoplifters will be prosecuted". What does "all" mean in that context?

The TOG​

Over here to TOG, but if the child did not show up in court at 9 years old wouldn't that be the parents fault.

It used to be that parents would punish the kids worse than the police. Some still will but this incident is a parental matter in my mind.

Once again we dont have all the facts... A non injury swat or 2 on the kids back side might land the parents in jail.. :shame

It used to be that parents would punish the kids worse than the police. Some still will but this incident is a parental matter in my mind.
Exactly, so why would the judge put out a arrest warrant for a 9 year old child, who when found could be handcuffed and thrown in jail ? With a warrent they could go to the child's school and arrest him.

Exactly, so why would the judge put out a arrest warrant for a 9 year old child, who when found could be handcuffed and thrown in jail ? With a warrent they could go to the child's school and arrest him.
they would go to juvenile detention not jail. a jail cant book nor handle them.

Lol, I think that kid would be the coolest kid in school after that happening.

That's jail
no its not, here its a joke. they aren't correction officers, they don't have the authority to taze and cant use much of any force. I know men in unit that have worked in that place. its not far from my armory. they don't have a seg, they don't have them in a cell. its more like a bunch of dorms with doors that lock and parental like supervision.

no its not, here its a joke. they aren't correction officers, they don't have the authority to taze and cant use much of any force. I know men in unit that have worked in that place. its not far from my armory. they don't have a seg, they don't have them in a cell. its more like a bunch of dorms with doors that lock and parental like supervision.
Jason can he walk right out if he wants to ? The answer is no, so it is jail, and if you are thinking about bars, all new city, state and federal places do not have bars anymore they look like dorms. But it is still jail.
Inside Juvenile Prison: What It's Like

Back