Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

C'mon Man

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jason can he walk right out if he wants to ? The answer is no, so it is jail, and if you are thinking about bars, all new city, state and federal places do not have bars anymore they look like dorms. But it is still jail.
Inside Juvenile Prison: What It's Like
that's not where they go at first. did I mention junivile prison?no I didn't, one has to be convicted first. he isn't convicted. the junivile prison in my county where it was is still standing. I can post images of that place and all juvies that are tried as adults go there and serve their time for murder , rape etc. they don't mix them with the other adults.

a theif for a piece of gum will not see that place its not even a first degree misdeamor(less then 10 bucks). a cop friend of mine arrested two juveniles and took them to that place I mentioned. they weren't charged they are usually done that way.

lewis I have been inside a prison. I know what they look like. dorms with a door to them that is locked and has a sally port. with a control room in the middle of the sally port and glass windows to observe the general population. seg is what you assumed I meant.

And why is that ?
Well you're always ranting and raving about some news event. Lewis, don't get me wrong, I also had serious obsessive behaviour and when I read your posts its like looking into a mirror.

But only you would know if this is true, don't be afraid to face you're own sick thinking. Otherwise you're just going to get worse.

Well you're always ranting and raving about some news event. Lewis, don't get me wrong, I also had serious obsessive behaviour and when I read your posts its like looking into a mirror.

But only you would know if this is true, don't be afraid to face you're own sick thinking. Otherwise you're just going to get worse.
What'''''I am not even going to answer that, moving on.

Lewis,

I'm afraid that's the way it is now, kids get themselves in front of a judge or even into juvi for the kind of things I would
get a slap on the head and a good chewing out by my dad for when I was a kid. A few years ago one of the kids I mentor was messing around with a bb gun and accidently fired it in the direction of a postal carrier. He ended up in juvi for two weeks. I went to the judge's hearing after two weeks and the judge quizzed me on what kind of kid Jeremiah is. He seemed genuinely concerned about Jeremiah, but, still, it was all very routine. I ended up thinking "What the heck has happened to us? What have we become?"

Exactly, so why would the judge put out a arrest warrant for a 9 year old child, who when found could be handcuffed and thrown in jail ? With a warrent they could go to the child's school and arrest him.

Well...realistically, they could be simply trying to get the masses used to such actions by the police? Slowly...people will get used to hearing about kids being arrested and not become upset or combative over it.

Lewis,

I'm afraid that's the way it is now, kids get themselves in front of a judge or even into juvi for the kind of things I would
get a slap on the head and a good chewing out by my dad for when I was a kid. A few years ago one of the kids I mentor was messing around with a bb gun and accidently fired it in the direction of a postal carrier. He ended up in juvi for two weeks. I went to the judge's hearing after two weeks and the judge quizzed me on what kind of kid Jeremiah is. He seemed genuinely concerned about Jeremiah, but, still, it was all very routine. I ended up thinking "What the heck has happened to us? What have we become?"
poor parents, where we as a society will do this rather then raise kids. make them and let someone else raise them

Well...realistically, they could be simply trying to get the masses used to such actions by the police? Slowly...people will get used to hearing about kids being arrested and not become upset or combative over it.
it happens a lot, just not newsworthy. last time I checked a teen is a child. they do get arrested. I have seen two go to jail. one for driving without a license criminal intent, and another(14) possession of a firearm. driving with no license, intoxicated, and selling drugs , and fleeing the scene of an accident. he could have had all charged against him.

it happens a lot, just not newsworthy. last time I checked a teen is a child. they do get arrested. I have seen two go to jail. one for driving without a license criminal intent, and another(14) possession of a firearm. driving with no license, intoxicated, and selling drugs , and fleeing the scene of an accident. he could have had all charged against him.

Right. All which are things that are able to pose a danger to the community at large, real harm. Stealing a kids gum isn't. More and more we're seeing this. A drunk kid behind the wheel is one thing, chewing gum is quite another. So is pointing ones finger at another kid like a gun, no danger there, but that happened for two reasons, one is, they want no tolerance with guns, and second, they want people used to seeing their kids arrested and have no resistance.

...All shadows of things to come.

poetofparables ... Lewis is our news reporter... :) He post headlines.
Some are his views some not..
Yes reba I love reading the news, I started reading the newspaper at around 7 and in elementary school by the 6th grade I was the lone top reader in my school. The principle and teachers were amazed at how well I could read. And that habit of reading the news has never left.

Over here to TOG, but if the child did not show up in court at 9 years old wouldn't that be the parents fault.

I would say it's totally the parents' fault that he didn't show up, unless there were circumstances beyond their control, such as sickness.

The TOG​

Now this is real, real sad, To be honest I got angry watching it.

Kid gets arrested
Now did he have to handcuff those kids, now if he was trying to teach them a lesson fine, to just scar them into shape. So what do you all think ?

Now did he have to handcuff those kids, now if he was trying to teach them a lesson fine, to just scar them into shape. So what do you all think ?

I didn't think it was necessary. He didn't want to have to chase kids. We're from I want to go home tonight to I don't want to run or exert energy either.In this way, he got to be lazy and make the impression that kids being arrested is of the norm...

Right. All which are things that are able to pose a danger to the community at large, real harm. Stealing a kids gum isn't. More and more we're seeing this. A drunk kid behind the wheel is one thing, chewing gum is quite another. So is pointing ones finger at another kid like a gun, no danger there, but that happened for two reasons, one is, they want no tolerance with guns, and second, they want people used to seeing their kids arrested and have no resistance.

...All shadows of things to come.
we , not I me, have arrested people for stealing newspapers. are they a threat? stealing a gum as an adult in as store is still shoplifting. its still a crime. while a bit much, and I don't like it. he will have NO record at 18. he will if he isn't a criminal and this is the only thing he did, not have to answer that question of any criminal activity. even in a few years as a minor he wouldn't.
I know a lady that went to jail for 50 bucks for a few months of being short in her register. silly but she was charged and found guilty and she served her time.florida laws on theft went from petty larceny at 10 bucks and below to grand larceny at 11 bucks.so if a kid at 11 stole gum or a toy in my state he would or could be done the same. its really up to the store owner and security to decide whether to charge too and also the cop.

http://www.floridachildinjurylawyer.com/2008/12/naples_florida_teen_arrested_f.html

is 16 dollars worth that charge? if that kid was a problem child then he needs a scare to get him straight. then let him sit in some cells for some days. in this case do we now that? we like to think kids are innocent these days but I do teach kids this age and I have heard of them punching adults and having to be restraining from harming others and the church members being taught lawful restraints so that the child isn't harmed. sure I could overpower a kid that size but if I used ikkio on a kid and he resisted and drove him into the ground even controlled a joint might be really damaged. and a lawsuit might occur.

My first thought was that it wasn't necessary to use the handcuffs, but maybe there's some law or regulation that says that if he's taking them in, he has to handcuff them. I think it was either that or he was trying to get across to them how serious shoplifting and breaking windows really is.

The TOG​

My first thought was that it wasn't necessary to use the handcuffs, but maybe there's some law or regulation that says that if he's taking them in, he has to handcuff them. I think it was either that or he was trying to get across to them how serious shoplifting and breaking windows really is.

The TOG​

His momma and daddy could have kicked the boys butt when he was younger, but now the police will do it for her.

Back