Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

C'mon Man

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Now this is real, real sad, To be honest I got angry watching it.

Kid gets arrested

See what I mean? Now here's a man who got angry by hearing of this and it wasn't even his kid. Do you think he'd be out in the street if it was? Maybe. This whole situation begs the question...is there a limit to how officers can treat your child, or would you step in at some point and say hey.

I like to think that I'm very passive, but I hit a woman one time (and decked her) for hurting my older child...and it was pretty much reflexive (!) I seen blood on my boy, and boom, I didn't even think about it. It just happened. I'm not even sure if I reasoned it out, she was just picking herself up off the ground. (I don't want to fight a cop!)...

But if you seen a cop go too far with your child...could you respect the rule of law at that point, or do you protect your family?

True stealing is just that. But also parents need to teach their kids not to steal, especially if that was in this case, a gun. The gun could had gone off and killed that child or others.

Is Blood thicker than water?
I think it is. I think it could be thicker than the rule of law also. I like to be as good a person as I can, we all do I suppose, we're Christians trying to emulate Christ, learning to walk in love. There's a lot of "obeying" in that. We're all Christians here so (most anyway) we try to be good people. (we know we can't be, but do, and are instructed to walk in love)...scripture also says that we are to respect the rule of law and authority...that our reward comes later...but we are bound to this flesh (bleh) and have to make choices too, Some choices result in being disobedient (lets get real, we're humans here) and we make them anyway. OR(!)...is protecting your charge(s) (family) A thing that one has no choice, but to do? What to do, when doing the right thing may become doing the wrong thing?

Could it be instinctual? Something on a cellular level which gives us the drive to protect our little ones, like animals? When I saw that woman hit my kid, I didn't think about it, I just hit her. It was so fast. It could have been a drive, it was so fast. Afterwards, I thought about it and agree with my automatonic (lol) actions. I still do. She went too far.

How far would you let someone go before your reflexes kicked in? Anyone can go too far.

Must be Kathi.
Now' I did not really get mad until I saw the boy breakdown. Now the mother of one of them did show up that should have been enough. Man my dad would have kicked my butt until I grew a new one.

What'''''I am not even going to answer that, moving on.
Sorry Lewis, it was just an observation, but with any good observation there are always blind spots. Carry on friend.

No it is not like that, it is just that I have been doing it for almost 10 years here. I even did it while I was a mod here. So it is good to get help in keeping the board informed. You and Kathi and I do it the most, so keep it up sister.

Ok
hat.gif

No it is not like that, it is just that I have been doing it for almost 10 years here. I even did it while I was a mod here. So it is good to get help in keeping the board informed. You and Kathi and I do it the most, so keep it up sister.

Brother, I think that's cool what you do, posting news. I don't watch a lot of tv or news and I actually
get a certain portion of my news from you. :)

GuySmiley.png

TY.

Back