Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Defining Biblical Terms

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Are types and shadows of early revelation / prophetic utterance the exact realities of the kingdom of God?

Redneck
eddif

A shadow is not the exact reality of the substance it represents.

@JBL will you define what the Kingdom of God is... What is it we are to inherit ? What do the scriptures say it is?

Don’t worry your little dog will be there.

I know there are horses there.

hello JLB, dirtfarmer here

What scripture do you base your belief that animals will be in the " New Jerusalem" that comes down out of heaven? The wolf and the lamb together and the child putting his hand the hole where there are asp is speaking of the earthly kingdom not the heavenly kingdom.

What scripture do you base your belief that animals will be in the " New Jerusalem" that comes down out of heaven? The wolf and the lamb together and the child putting his hand the hole where there are asp is speaking of the earthly kingdom not the heavenly kingdom.

2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. Revelation 21:2-3

• New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,
  • Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them,

JLB

@JBL will you define what the Kingdom of God is... What is it we are to inherit ? What do the scriptures say it is?

We are to inherit eternal life, and dwell with Jesus in His kingdom that has been prepared for us since th foundation of the world, with a body like His that will not die anymore and shines like the sun, in which all His enemies will have been removed so that, there is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

We are to inherit eternal life -
  • that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:7

...dwell with Jesus in His kingdom that has been prepared for us since th foundation of the world, -

• Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:34

...with a body like His

• Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 1 John 3:2

...that will not die anymore

• 34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. Luke 20:34-36

...and shines like the sun,

• Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! Matthew 13:43

again

• 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever. Daniel 12:2-3

...in which all His enemies will have been removed so that,

• 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 13:41-42

...there is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

• 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men. Romans 14:17-18

JLB

Finialy thanks.. the Scripture definition of the Kingdom of God.

Back to the OP when do we receive the said kingdom

2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. Revelation 21:2-3

• New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,
  • Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them,

JLB

Where in Revelation 21 does it state that there are animals?
Revelation 21:27, " And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie, but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."
Are animals written in the Lamb's book of life?

Where in Revelation 21 does it state that there are animals?

I posted that scripture in response to your statement about the New Jerusalem not being of the heavenly kingdom, which I will post below from your quote.

The wolf and the lamb together and the child putting his hand the hole where there are asp is speaking of the earthly kingdom not the heavenly kingdom.

Do you believe that the kingdom of God is divided?

Part of it in heaven, and part of it on earth?

The New Jerusalem will come down out of heaven, whereby God will dwell with man.

as it is written

“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea. Isiah 11:6-9

A wolf is a canine, and is of the same species as dog.

JLB

Finialy thanks.. the Scripture definition of the Kingdom of God.

Back to the OP when do we receive the said kingdom

here it is again

We are to inherit eternal life, and dwell with Jesus in His kingdom that has been prepared for us since th foundation of the world, with a body like His that will not die anymore and shines like the sun, in which all His enemies will have been removed so that, there is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

We are to inherit eternal life -
  • that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:7

...dwell with Jesus in His kingdom that has been prepared for us since th foundation of the world, -

• Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:34

...with a body like His

• Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 1 John 3:2

...that will not die anymore

• 34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. Luke 20:34-36

...and shines like the sun,

• Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! Matthew 13:43

again

• 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever. Daniel 12:2-3

...in which all His enemies will have been removed so that,

• 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Matthew 13:41-42

...there is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

• 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men. Romans 14:17-18

Did Jesus say these words on the Day of Judgement when He has returned to earth and is seated upon His Throne to Judge His people according to there deeds, at the end of the age?

• Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:31-34

as it is written

so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:28

Do you believe this event is in the past, maybe in 70 AD?

JLB

Too many words JLB .. I your opinion are we given the Kingdom of God in our earthly life time ?
As these verses imply to my understanding

Col_4:11 And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.
Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Mar_9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luk_10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Luk_21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

I posted that scripture in response to your statement about the New Jerusalem not being of the heavenly kingdom, which I will post below from your quote.

Do you believe that the kingdom of God is divided?

Part of it in heaven, and part of it on earth?

The New Jerusalem will come down out of heaven, whereby God will dwell with man.

as it is written

“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea. Isiah 11:6-9

A wolf is a canine, and is of the same species as dog.

JLB

According to the promise given to Abram there is the sands of the sea, the earthly kingdom; then there is the stars of heaven, the heavenly kingdom. Israel will receive that earthly kingdom at the end of this age after the 7 year tribulation. The Church is to be raptured, those that are alive when this happens will be changed in the moment, the twinkling of an eye and receive a glorified body of flesh and bone with the Spirit as the life of that body. Israel will go through the tribulation, in which 12,000 from each tribe will be sealed and be the kingdom of priest that will preach the gospel to every nation.

According to the promise given to Abram there is the sands of the sea, the earthly kingdom; then there is the stars of heaven, the heavenly kingdom. Israel will receive that earthly kingdom at the end of this age after the 7 year tribulatio

Sounds like replacement theology to me.

The is one Church, made up of Jew and Gentile.

There is not some separate kingdom for Jews.

God’s Kingdom encompasses both heaven and earth.

JLB

If the disciples changed enough to write and act in a new heavenly way, I would think the inner kingdom arrived.

eddif

Sounds like replacement theology to me.

The is one Church, made up of Jew and Gentile.

There is not some separate kingdom for Jews.

God’s Kingdom encompasses both heaven and earth.

JLB

In Acts 1:6 when the disciples had met together and asked the risen savior: "Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom of Israel?
Which kingdom were they asking about? Surely it was about the heavenly Jerusalem, was it?

Inheriting the kingdom is about your walk with God

Observe:

βασιλεια basileia {bas-il-i'-ah} ; TDNT - 1:579,97; n f AV - kingdom (of God) 71, kingdom (of heaven) 32, kingdom (general or evil) 20, (Thy or Thine) kingdom 6, His kingdom 6, the kingdom 5, (My) kingdom 4, misc 18; 162 1) royal power, kingship, dominion, rule 1a) not to be confused with an actual kingdom but rather the right or authority to rule over a kingdom 1b) of the royal power of Jesus as the triumphant Messiah 1c) of the royal power and dignity conferred on Christians in the Messiah's kingdom 2) a kingdom, the territory subject to the rule of a king 3) used in the N.T. to refer to the reign of the Messiah

From 935:

βασιλευς basileus {bas-il-yooce'} ; TDNT - 1:576,97; n m AV - king 82, King (of Jews) 21, King (God or Christ) 11, King (of Israel) 4; 118 1) leader of the people, prince, commander, lord of the land, king

From 939 :

βασις basis {bas'-ece} from baino (to walk);; n f AV - foot (sole of) 1; 1 1) a stepping, walking 2) that with which one steps, the foot

Enoch walked with God

"
And Enoch walked with God "

Abraham walked with God

" He replied, 'The LORD, before whom I have walked faithfully "

Noah walked with God

" Noah was a righteous man, and he walked faithfully with God "

1 John 2:6 states it rather clearly, if you are going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk

" He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked "

Cheers

:)

John 6:67 KJV
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

I Peter 2:24 KJV
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed

The gospel Peter presents is one based on the work Jesus completed.

eddif

Too many words JLB .. I your opinion are we given the Kingdom of God in our earthly life time ?
As these verses imply to my understanding

I validated everything thing I mentioned with scripture.

If the King of the kingdom of God dwells in you, then the kingdom of God is in you.

You are an heir to inherit eternal life and dwell in God’s Kingdom with Him forever.
If the disciples changed enough to write and act in a new heavenly way, I would think the inner kingdom arrived.

eddif

Of course.

Inheriting the kingdom of God on the Day of Judgement after we have been judged according to our deeds is what we who have been justified have the hope of obtaining on that Day, when He comes to be admired by all who love Him and look for His coming.

Paul warned those in the churches he raised up of not inheriting the kingdom of God.

If they had already inherited the kingdom of God, then why would he warn them of not inheriting the kingdom of God, by practicing the works of the flesh.

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

• those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

JLB

John 6:67 KJV
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

I Peter 2:24 KJV
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed

The gospel Peter presents is one based on the work Jesus completed.

eddif

24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.
1 Peter 2:24

• that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness

Yes Jesus died on the cross for our sins, that we would be cleansed and forgiven and receive a new divine nature, that is empowered by the Spirit, so we could live for rightessness, according to the Spirit within us, rather than living to gratify the sinful desires of our flesh.

Paul warned the Church that those who practice the works of the flesh, will not inherit the kingdom of God.

3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.
Ephesians 5:3-7

• because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them.

again

9 Do you not know that
the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

• Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?
  • that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back