Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Defining Biblical Terms

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Our document of adoption / marriage?
Wedding garment?
Lambs Book of Life?

Judgement is confirmation of being an heir. The day reads the will and grants the will of God. The death of Jesus / resurrection / assention / intercession is the power of our standing as an heir IMHO.

eddif

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:31-34

• Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

The definition of inherit the kingdom of God as Jesus used this term, refers to having a part in, having been granted access to or being allowed to enter the kingdom of God, on the Day of Judgement.

Not inheriting the kingdom of God means:
Not having any part in the KIngdom of God.
Not granted entrance into the kingdom of God. Cast into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

• “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

JLB

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:31-34

• Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

The definition of inherit the kingdom of God as Jesus used this term, refers to having a part in, having been granted access to or being allowed to enter the kingdom of God, on the Day of Judgement.

Not inheriting the kingdom of God means:
Not having any part in the KIngdom of God.
Not granted entrance into the kingdom of God. Cast into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

• “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

JLB
Hebrews 9:28 KJV
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

eddif

Hebrews 9:28 KJV
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

eddif

Yes. That’s one of the scriptures I quoted in this thread, to show that we will receive salvation when He returns.

Inheriting the Kingdom of God.
Entering the Kingdom of God.
Receiving the salvation of our soul.
Inheriting eternal life.
Having become a son of God... are all ways of saying the same thing.

The next biblical term will be Salvation.

Preview:

For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Romans 8:24-25

• But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it

JLB

Inheriting the Kingdom of God.
Entering the Kingdom of God.
Receiving the salvation of our soul.
Inheriting eternal life.
Having become a son of God... are all ways of saying the same thing.
how do I respectfully point out:

Hebrews 9:28

Jesus makes two trips in his body:
One trip is in his unglorified sacrificial body.
Second trip will be in his glorified body.

Trip one purchases our forgiveness of sins, and empowers Pentecost.
Trip two gives us our inheritance in his heavenly eternal kingdom.

The creation appearance evidently counts, but not as a body trip.

The appearance to Saul counts, but evidently not as s body trip. There are things I have not gotten yet.

Thanks for conversing and helping us grow.

eddif

how do I respectfully point out:

Hebrews 9:28

Jesus makes two trips in his body:
One trip is in his unglorified sacrificial body.
Second trip will be in his glorified body.

Trip one purchases our forgiveness of sins, and empowers Pentecost.
Trip two gives us our inheritance in his heavenly eternal kingdom.

The creation appearance evidently counts, but not as a body trip.

The appearance to Saul counts, but evidently not as s body trip. There are things I have not gotten yet.

Thanks for conversing and helping us grow.

eddif

Thanks for sharing.

Matthew 7:21 KJV
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

I suppose I am being seen as one of these people. Now this is a great tribulation to me.

I haven't brought about the kingdom by my works. Jesus brought about the kingdom, and my humbling myself (II Chronicles 7:14) will not work in the kingdom. I haven’t prophesied; if prophecy ever comes from me? It is His doing. The day of Pentecost said sons and daughters were fulfilling prophecy (in the kingdom to do this).

If we are not presently in the kingdom what power do we have to comment? If the apostles were not in the kingdom why do we read the New Testament?

If we are not in the kingdom are we not out of order? John 17 is a prophetic chapter where Jesus placed himself in multiple places / eternities. Jesus spoke of things completed that to the human thought were not completed. He spoke of completion before Pentecost happened, but Pentecost was going to happen.

I suppose I will LOL rather than cry.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Eddif,
I usually am blessed by your postings but not by this one. On the day I gave my life to the Christ, I submitted in the way it is described on this site, https://www.gotquestions.org/submit-to-God.htmlhttps://www.gotquestions.org/submit-to-God.html

I am very sorry to hear you do not agree with submission. I learned the value of that action during my stint in the military and it has profited me tremendously since.

Eddif,
I usually am blessed by your postings but not by this one. On the day I gave my life to the Christ, I submitted in the way it is described on this site, https://www.gotquestions.org/submit-to-God.htmlhttps://www.gotquestions.org/submit-to-God.html

I am very sorry to hear you do not agree with submission. I learned the value of that action during my stint in the military and it has profited me tremendously since.
The link would not work.
See if the link works for you.
Where do you feel I blew it worst.

I always realize I am one post away from a mistake.

eddif

Eddif,

Ok I may have what you think I said.

Repentance is nearly II Chronicles 7:14

On the way to salvation in Christ Jesus we repent. This repentance undoes us and creates a great need in our life.

The need is to accept what Jesus did for us on the cross.

After accepting Jesus ( the kingdom with Holy Spirit etc) we do not return again to repentance under the Law as a way of life. Sin - repent -sin - repent. We do repent, but we cling to Jesus for forgiveness. Some return to the law for righteousness, and the law does not provide righteousness.

That clarify anything. Am I still messed up in your mind.

eddif

repentance is a form of submission we surrender wave the white flag besides what does james say about submit yourselves to God 6But He gives us more grace. This is why it says: “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.…

On the way to salvation in Christ Jesus we repent. This repentance undoes us and creates a great need in our life.

After accepting Jesus ( the kingdom with Holy Spirit etc) we do not return again to repentance under the Law as a way of life. Sin - repent -sin - repent. We do repent, but we cling to Jesus for forgiveness. Some return to the law for righteousness, and the law does not provide righteousness.

eddif

eddif
Yes, we're good.

You ever heard of divorce for unfaithfulness?

4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4

JLB

4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4

JLB

You used this in post# 15
Revelation 22:15 KJV
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Ezra 10:3 KJV
Now therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all the wives, and such as are born of them, according to the counsel of my lord, and of those that tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law.

What we once did is put away (looking at it with a spiritual rather than literal eye).

Redneck
eddif

Wedding garment?
Lambs Book of Life?

Judgement is confirmation of being an heir. The day reads the will and grants the will of God. The death of Jesus / resurrection / assention / intercession is the power of our standing as an heir IMHO.

eddif
I'm good with Wedding Garment and Lambs Book of Life.
What's the Document of Adoption/Marriage?

Jesus seemed to associate the kingdom of God with where the Holy Spirit dwells. And since Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit no one enters the Kingdom of God except by Him.

Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”c
c: or with in you
John 20:22 KJV
And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

This was said for empowerment for service,

Revelation 3:20 May be to an individual, but is this prophetic breath prophesy of the coming day of Pentecost when the mighty wind worked in many at one time.
Acts 2:1 KJV
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Jesus breathing finally came about. Oh that is why he breathed on us.

In Genesis the spirit the holy breathed into Adam for him to become a living soul.

The knock at the door brings about new birth.

The wind is stronger for the group or kingdom of priests.

Randy help a redneck out.
eddif

I'm good with Wedding Garment and Lambs Book of Life.
What's the Document of Adoption/Marriage?
Adoption of slave?
Exodus 21:6 KJV
Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

The wedding garment may be as far as we are now, in regards the betrothed for marriage.

Help
eddif

The wedding garment may be as far as we are now, in regards the betrothed for marriage.

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

6 “And at midnight a cry was heard:‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. Matthew 25:1-13

JLB

What Jesus pretty obviously taught is found in Mark 10:1-12, Mark being widely acknowledged as the earliest gospel.

When Matthew's gospel was written, with an emphasis on Jesus as the fulfillment of the OT for the benefit of a Jewish audience, the author inserted the "except for sexual immorality" exception in Matthew 19:3-12 to make Jesus' harsh teaching more palatable.

It is highly unlikely that Jesus, who did not deal in loopholes, paused in the middle of a profound statement on the permanency of what God has joined together to parenthetically insert "Oh, except, of course, unless she's messing around."

To read the commentaries that attempt to reconcile these two versions is to witness theological tap-dancing to a comical extreme.

I recently heard a very learned English Bible scholar assert - on American Family Radio, no less! - that all Jesus was really addressing was the Pharisees' system of no-fault divorce, whereby a man could simply give his wife a certificate of divorce for any reason or no reason. According to this "scholar," as long as you have "a reason," divorce is perfectly biblical. How enlightened! How very 21st Century! How convenient!

Adoption of slave?
Exodus 21:6 KJV
Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Help
eddif
Ugghh. Re Exodus.
OK re the wedding garment.
You don't need any, re the "help".

Back