Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does the Holy Spirit move after Acts?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
----

God healed my husband of a pinched nerve in the neck a couple of years ago. He was bed ridden with it under doctors' orders. He had been given every drug, even morphine, and been told to take them all at the same time if necessary. Nothing helped. After 6 weeks our pastor asked if he could come in to the office and the pastors would annoint him with oil and pray for him. 4 hours after they had prayed for him the pain was completely gone.

When our son was four he had been in bed with an infection. The dr. had just called saying tests were still positive and they would phone in another Rx. I started reading our son a simple story about Jesus healing people and I told him that Jesus wanted to heal him too. "Right now?" he asked. I went pale and stammered uh, yah. "Can I go out and play?" Uh, I guess so---. No real faith on my part. Just the faith of a little child and a loving Creator. Our son never had another symptom and we did not pick up the new prescription. No one was more amazed than I was. We serve a merciful God Who hasn't changed. He is alive!

Praise Jesus! :clap

You said we are to believe in the Apostles and these signs will follow. Ask your self don't the apostles believe, so why would this be said? It's suppose to be passed down. You also said that only the Apostles would see these signs, not other christians, though many christians have, EVEN in our generation.

The covenant is the only thing that had changed. The giving of the Spirit to "all people" because Jesus Christ was our ultimate sacrifice to connect us back to God. Nothing has changed since then as you say. Having the books of the Bible put together didn't make this world "perfect", though allowing God's will to come here on earth as it is in heaven does change our lives. He's my King and I'm His dominion because I choose to follow His will, not my own. I'd rather study the Word from His perspective, not my own. I pray you find this true in your life too.

The only thing "perfect" I have seen so far, is how some will find any excuse in the scriptures they can, for not having the things a "real" believer should have!

"Jesus was talking to someone else" seems to be the best "perfect excuse"

"believer" in one verse means "believer" but in the next means "apostle"?:confused:

Mar 16:16

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Joh 14:12

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greaterworksthan these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Here "He that believeth" does not mean what is sounds like it does, it means only "Philip" but the next verse is to "everyone" "Keep my commandments" The same people will beat someone to death with that scripture, but deny the ones before it?

No! the only "perfect thing" I have seen is the "perfect hypocricy" and "pefect excuses" some find for not believeing all scriptures!

The only thing "perfect" I have seen so far, is how some will find any excuse in the scriptures they can, for not having the things a "real" believer should have!

"Jesus was talking to someone else" seems to be the best "perfect excuse"

"believer" in one verse means "believer" but in the next means "apostle"?:confused:

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greaterworksthan these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Here "He that believeth" does not mean what is sounds like it does, it means only "Philip" but the next verse is to "everyone" "Keep my commandments" The same people will beat someone to death with that scripture, but deny the ones before it?

No! the only "perfect thing" I have seen is the "perfect hypocricy" and "pefect excuses" some find for not believeing all scriptures!

Yeah, what you say is true. There is no Scripture that backs up their doctrine, only twisted verses like a Jehovah's witness. These are dark times we live in when Christians deny the power. Satan has been confusing God's people for too long, we have to pray harder for them.

God has blinded them from seeing the truth, just like that of Pharaoh with his heart. Always seeking for knowledge but never arriving at the truth.

"He hath blinded their eyes, and he hardened their heart; Lest they should see with their eyes, and perceive with their heart, And should turn, And I should heal them." John 12:40

Yeah, what you say is true. There is no Scripture that backs up their doctrine, only twisted verses like a Jehovah's witness. These are dark times we live in when Christians deny the power. Satan has been confusing God's people for too long, we have to pray harder for them.

God has blinded them from seeing the truth, just like that of Pharaoh with his heart. Always seeking for knowledge but never arriving at the truth.

"He hath blinded their eyes, and he hardened their heart; Lest they should see with their eyes, and perceive with their heart, And should turn, And I should heal them." John 12:40

We are further entreated to pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the conversion of

souls. None of us suppose that by this is meant that we are to pray for the Spirit now to be

given to the Church of God; for we know He was given on the day of Pentecost to the

Church in her collective capacity, to abide with her for ever, and has not been taken

away, notwithstanding our many failings. Just as the cloudy and fiery pillar was not taken

from the Israelites, notwithstanding their many provocations, so the blessed Spirit of God

has not been taken away from the Church. Moreover, God has given His Spirit to the

individual believer,-to all who put their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. But though the

Spirit dwells in the Church of Christ as to her collective capacity, and in the individual

believer, nevertheless it is fitting and suitable and right on the part of the children of God,

that they should ask God again and again, and with great earnestness, that He would work

mightily by His Spirit. We depend entirely on the power of the Holy Ghost for the

conversion of sinners. There might be the most mighty preacher, as to the knowledge of

the Scriptures and the clearness with which lie sets forth the truth; yet if the Spirit of God

is not pleased to bless the word, he may preach for months, and yet there will be no

blessing. - G. Muller

---

Here "He that believeth" does not mean what is sounds like it does, it means only "Philip" but the next verse is to "everyone" "Keep my commandments"

Yes we have to be consistant, what it meant in one is what it mean in the other

I think it's good to keep reminding ourselves of Ephesians 2.9: 'not of works, lest any man should boast'.

I think it's good to keep reminding ourselves of Ephesians 2.9: 'not of works, lest any man should boast'.
Yes that's a good verse but that is speaking of salvation, we are only saved by grace through faith not works.

But what does that have to do with the this subject?

I must agree with my friend Blev, brother farouk? Salvation is by grace and so are the gifts.

I also agree we should always gaurd against pride, but all gifts should be used to bring Glory to God!

Yes that's a good verse but that is speaking of salvation, we are only saved by grace through faith not works.

But what does that have to do with the this subject?

I must agree with my friend Blev, brother farouk? Salvation is by grace and so are the gifts.

I also agree we should always gaurd against pride, but all gifts should be used to bring Glory to God!

People just don't get it, these "miraculous gifts" died with the Apostles...

In Acts Chapter 6 we see the first church having issue with not being able to administer to their congregation, remember they have yet to have a Bible to guide them so they ask the Apostles for guidance...

The Apostles tell them to seek out 7 men of good report:

Acts 6:3 (KJV)
3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.

this pleased the multitude and and they made their choice:

Acts 6:5 (KJV)
5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:

Take special note of Stephen here and what is said of him "a man full of faith and of the Holy Gost.

So Stephen was baptized Acts 2:38 and received the "Gift of the Holy Ghost" as in Acts 2:38 just like all Christians when they are baptized "into Christ"...

Now note in Acts 6:5 it is stated Stephen was "a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost", now the very next verse Acts 6:6 we see the Gift being given by who? "the apostles" not some other baptism:

Acts 6:6 (KJV)
6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

These gifts were given by the Apostles so they could recall the teachings of them and of Christ through "Prophecy" because the Apostles could not be there with them all the time, they had to go to spread the word.

The Bible took the place of the Apostles, the Apostles penned the Gospel through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, once that which is complete is come (the Bible), the Gifts given by the Apostles Acts. 6:6 are no longer required, done away.

1 Corinthians 13:10 (KJV)
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

People just don't get it, these "miraculous gifts" died with the Apostles...

Such sights wouldn't be the first to turn living faith into dead rituals.

The Holy Spirit is still quite busily engaged in the production of spiritual FRUIT

and the world itself is so full of lying wonders I've lost track of them all

s

Such sights wouldn't be the first to turn living faith into dead rituals.

The Holy Spirit is still quite busily engaged in the production of spiritual FRUIT

and the world itself is so full of lying wonders I've lost track of them all

s

Your man made doctrine is the developer of ritual, you do rituals, Christians do obedience...

You or anyone else cannot show me one person in the Holy Rit that anyone was saved by baptism of the Holy Spirit. you cannot even show me where anyone was baptized by the Holy Spirit other than an Apostle or the house of Cornelius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your man made doctrine is the developer of ritual, you do rituals, Christians do obedience...

Faith and belief have always been a matter of heart. That is where only God can look. Men seem to have a very difficult time looking at their own heart.

Men love to judge by the outside of the cup.

The Eyes of God are a little more 'penetrating' and 'active' than most give credit for.

His Eyes remain fully active in this present world. For good and against evil, always.

The Spirit of God ever speaks through His Word.

s

Faith and belief have always been a matter of heart. That is where only God can look. Men seem to have a very difficult time looking at their own heart.

Men love to judge by the outside of the cup.

The Eyes of God are a little more 'penetrating' and 'active' than most give credit for.

His Eyes remain fully active in this present world. For good and against evil, always.

The Spirit of God ever speaks through His Word.

s

You can jump up and down and wave your hands in the air, say things that someone else has to interpret while you claim its from God all you want to (btw nobody ever speaking in tongues has never revealed anything the Bible has not already told us) and believe your false teachers till He comes, it does not change what Jesus says:

John 14:15 (KJV)
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Notice the plurality of the word "commandment"? that includes:

Mark 16:16 (KJV)
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And as for your false teachers? were warned about them too:

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 (KJV)
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

You can jump up and down and wave your hands in the air, say things that someone else has to interpret while you claim its from God all you want to

The facts of the matters being 'internal' is beyond dispute to most. What is your point? You yourself agree with that view as would most believers.

(btw nobody ever speaking in tongues has never revealed anything the Bible has not already told us) and believe your false teachers till He comes, it does not change what Jesus says

I would disagree with that understanding from my own experience with our Living God.

God living in us directs our paths and shows us how to walk in this present 'wicked' environment. God also continues to speak through people of faith in various ways, to which I've witnessed, both good and bad.

God made a donkey speak and see more truth than the false prophet.

s

The facts of the matters being 'internal' is beyond dispute to most. What is your point? You yourself agree with that view as would most believers.

Again, your great at not making any sense, try that one again please.

I would disagree with that understanding from my own experience with our Living God.

God living in us directs our paths and shows us how to walk in this present 'wicked' environment. God also continues to speak through people of faith in various ways, to which I've witnessed, both good and bad.

God made a donkey speak and see more truth than the false prophet.

s
Of course you don't, you cannot, not without throwing away your man made doctrine and using just the Bible for once...

Do you or anyone else speaking in tongues today claim to be a prophet? that's how God spoke prior to the Cross, today he speaks through His Son, His son Speaks through his word (of which you deny to be truth):

Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV)
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

If someone told you that baptism is not a requirement for salvation when Mark 16:16 clearly says it is, then who ever told you such (via some tongues or man made text) it is no surprise to me:

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 (KJV)
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Again, your great at not making any sense, try that one again please.

You say the Holy Spirit doesn't move? If the Spirit is 'in you' where same belongs, obviously there is 'movement.'

Of course you don't, you cannot, not without throwing away your man made doctrine and using just the Bible for once...
Who would come up with an idea that the Holy Spirit is no longer is in action? A christian? Surely you jest?

Do you or anyone else speaking in tongues today claim to be a prophet? that's how God spoke prior to the Cross, today he speaks through His Son, His son Speaks through his word (of which you deny to be truth):
None of us who post here is going to deny a single Word of God so you can get off that phony pony anytime.

As to workings of the Holy Spirit, what can I say? If you don't believe the Holy Spirit works, moves and is in your heart, then that is your witness. Sorry sight that it is.

Some disciples said show us the Father when He was standing in front of their eyes, LOOKING at them.

go figure.

s

You say the Holy Spirit doesn't move? If the Spirit is 'in you' where same belongs, obviously there is 'movement.'

Who would come up with an idea that the Holy Spirit is no longer is in action? A christian? Surely you jest?

Does the Holy Spirit move today? ABSOLUTELY, I or anyone I have seen has denied that, but you fail to see the difference in "indwelling" and "Spiritual Gifts".

All the saints in the Church of Rome had the indwelling of the Holy Spirit:

Romans 8:9 (KJV)
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

But not all of them had Spiritual Gifts:

Romans 1:11 (KJV)
11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

Again, note who the Spiritual Gifts would be "imparted unto you" by? An Apostle...

The Comforter is here and fully active today, he guides us to understanding, helps us to not only understand the word but strengthen us spiritually to abide in it.

The Spiritual Gifts you and others claim to have today died with the Apostles. The only Spiritual Gift we have today is the one given in Acts 2:38 and existed in the saints in Rome in Romans 8:9

None of us who post here is going to deny a single Word of God so you can get off that phony pony anytime.
You flat out on this forum denied that "baptism" is a requirement for salvation and Mark 16:16 says it is, that my friend is denying the word of God.

Does the Holy Spirit move today? ABSOLUTELY,

Oh, a YES then. Good.

All the saints in the Church of Rome had the indwelling of the Holy Spirit:

Romans 8:9 (KJV)
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Well, we would certainly hope so as well as all other saints.

But not all of them had Spiritual Gifts:

Indeed.

Again, note who the Spiritual Gifts would be "imparted unto you" by? An Apostle...

Not so.

1 Corinthians 12:11
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

No man controls that distribution.

The Comforter is here and fully active today, he guides us to understanding, helps us to not only understand the word but strengthen us spiritually to abide in it.

Indeed again, even building UP faith.

The Spiritual Gifts you and others claim to have today died with the Apostles. The only Spiritual Gift we have today is the one given in Acts 2:38 and existed in the saints in Rome in Romans 8:9

And again, I will see it differently than you. Just because understandings do not squeeze through your personally imposed filters and sifters doesn't mean those same things don't transpire today. Believers who reject are likely not to be engaged much, and will in fact turn their heads the other direction.
You flat out on this forum denied that "baptism" is a requirement for salvation and Mark 16:16 says it is, that my friend is denying the word of God.

In your hands water baptism is nothing more than a blunt instrument designed to take salvation away from believers in faith and insert condemnation in it's stead.

That I reject.

Can and does God save on the basis of faith in Christ? Undoubtedly and forever. At the moment of belief ALL such become a part of His Body and can NOT be removed by any man's intentions, as much as they like to think they control that matter to the detriment of another.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body

I'm pretty sure you might experience a little shame in trying to condemn His Body components. But hey, every body has it's uncomely parts.

s

1 Corinthians 12:11
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

No man controls that distribution.

You said it, no man controls the distribution, Jesus did, he is the ONLY one that can baptize with the Holy Spirit :

Matthew 3:11 (KJV)
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Only the Apostles and the house of Cornelius were baptized this way, and only an Apostle could transfer this power :

Acts 8:18 (KJV)
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

In your hands water baptism is nothing more than a blunt instrument designed to take salvation away from believers in faith and insert condemnation in it's stead.

That I reject.
Obviously, you reject the Bible and its teachings Mark 16:16 for one example

Can and does God save on the basis of faith in Christ? Undoubtedly and forever. At the moment of belief ALL such become a part of His Body and can NOT be removed by any man's intentions, as much as they like to think they control that matter to the detriment of another.
First you have to come to the understanding (as pointed out to you in a previous post) what it means to believe... then you will understand the rest...

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body

I'm pretty sure you might experience a little shame in trying to condemn His Body components. But hey, every body has it's uncomely parts.

s
That's right, by one spirit are we baptized into one body (not one denomination) it is the same baptism of Acts 2:38 and the one body is the one church in Acts 2:47

You said it, no man controls the distribution, Jesus did, he is the ONLY one that can baptize with the Holy Spirit

Well bravo! Why then do you seek to damn whom HE HIMSELF has lighted within by His Spirit in faith?

That is NOT a practice of Faith but a practice of damnation.

The intentions in all of these matters are EVERYTHING.

Faith works by LOVE. There is also the practice of damnation. The two are not the same things whatsoever.

Even many 'full' immersion baptists understand that the practice of baptism is a good thing, but that it should not be done in order or intent to damn someone in faith.

We've done this drill on 'what saves' believers prior and this only in BRIEF:

-saved by endurance,
Matthew 10:22
-saved by hope,
Romans 8:24
-saved by the gospel,
Romans 1:16
-saved by grace,
Acts 15:11
-saved by calling on the name of the Lord,
Acts 2:21, Acts 22:16
-saved by baptism,
1 Peter 3:20-22
-saved by the name of Christ,
Acts 4:10-12
-saved by confession,
Romans 10:10
-saved by repentance,
2 Corinthians 7:10
-saved by the knowledge of the scriptures,
2 Timothy 3:15-17

Unfortunately many turn each and every one of these COUNTS of being SAVED into the complete opposite, making them grounds for condemnation rather than salvation.

Besides all these there are dozens MORE. Why is it that some are not content for a single one, insisting on every one?

In that effort, the effort to DAMN another, their own heart is in fact being openly revealed. Scripture often reveals how dark our own hearts can be with those intentions.

Yet the 'carriers' never see it in themselves. Did God in Christ call you to damn other believers? Is that what your 'faith' is all about?

s

Back