Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Eternal hell with new creation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

T. E. Smith

Romantic Rationalist
The new creation theme in the Bible does not seem to go with the notion of an eternal hell. Isaiah 55 and Romans 8 teach God's renewal of the world into perfection. It is said that in the future, Christ will be "all in all." It does not seem to make sense for God's new creation, then, to have an eternal torture chamber in it. In the new creation, God returns the world to its state before sin. How can Hell be part of that intent? How can Christ be all in all, with unbelievers tortured forever?

It accuses God of great evil amd does damage to the cause of Christ. (God only loves some..)

It’s a doctrine of demons that discourages people who do wander away from Christ and become lost, because of immaturity or offenses, that they were never saved to begin with, or God doesn’t love them anymore, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Jesus teaches us the truth about those sheep who do become lost and how much heaven rejoices if they return.

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

• Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’

Jesus teaches that it was His sheep, not someone who was “never saved”, that became lost.

• I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

God loves us even if we do wander away and become lost; even if we return to being a sinner, someone who becomes “unjust” in their lifestyle. God wants and desires us to return to Him and be restored.

And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
“But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.
Luke 15:20-24

• And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.

JLB

It’s a doctrine of demons that discourages people who do wander away from Christ and become lost, because of immaturity or offenses, that they were never saved to begin with, or God doesn’t love them anymore, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Jesus teaches us the truth about those sheep who do become lost and how much heaven rejoices if they return.

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

• Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’

Jesus teaches that it was His sheep, not someone who was “never saved”, that became lost.

• I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

God loves us even if we do wander away and become lost; even if we return to being a sinner, someone who becomes “unjust” in their lifestyle. God wants and desires us to return to Him and be restored.

And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
“But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.
Luke 15:20-24

• And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.

JLB
Amen!!

Dorothy Mae said:
If your offspring came in and wanted to snuggle with you but unbeknownst to him/her had rolled in dog poop, you would “demand” they wash up.

And if they didn't, I would never light them on fire and burn them forever. I'd never even begin to consider such a horrific possibility! Yet that is what God does.
You say "that is what God does". But that is only what you accuse Him of doing. What if the truer story is that they set themselves on fire and He's desires to see them put out before they become too damaged? Quite a different picture than what you want people to believe.

Also if they refused, I'd just bathe them myself. ...
So you'd just force them yourself? In your own words, " that'd be tyranny, right? :)"

Your supposed rejection of God is actually your rejection of the image you have (and are currently?) created of Him.
I don't blame you for rejecting that. If I'd created a monster like that I'd reject it too.:) Looks like you've begun that process. Good. Well anyways, onward!

You say "that is what God does". But that is only what you accuse Him of doing.

“Your sins have separated you from God.” God cannot look upon (let alone snuggle) with sin. It’s not my idea. It’s what He says about Himself.
What if the truer story is that they set themselves on fire and He's desires to see them put out before they become too damaged? Quite a different picture than what you want people to believe.
Where is the scripture that supports that position?

What if statements are opinion not proof.
No, actually the 'what if' statement merely supposed a different possible perspective? It doesn't profess opinion/belief.

Dorothy Mae said
... If your offspring came in and wanted to snuggle with you but unbeknownst to him/her had rolled in dog poop, you would “demand” they wash up. ...
And if they didn't, I would never light them on fire and burn them forever. I'd never even begin to consider such a horrific possibility! Yet that is what God does.
That sounds like a false dichotomy. That's why I offered you a different possible perspective. If that is an unreasonable suggestion, you are Free (so to speak) to show me why it is unreasonable if you want.

As I said before, your supposed rejection of God is actually your rejection of the image you have created of Him. I don't blame you for rejecting that. If I'd created that monster, I'd reject it too.:) I know it is tempting to lay off all of your monstrous images of God on "Christians" who (you claim) taught you wrong, and maybe you were misled in some ways.
We've all been exposed to the false teachings of the (post) modern day. Still, in the end, it's your foundation and you must decide what it rests on.

You say "that is what God does". But that is only what you accuse Him of doing. What if the truer story is that they set themselves on fire and He's desires to see them put out before they become too damaged? Quite a different picture than what you want people to believe.

So you'd just force them yourself? In your own words, " that'd be tyranny, right? :)"

Your supposed rejection of God is actually your rejection of the image you have (and are currently?) created of Him.
I don't blame you for rejecting that. If I'd created a monster like that I'd reject it too.:) Looks like you've begun that process. Good. Well anyways, onward!
That sounds like a false dichotomy. That's why I offered you a different possible perspective. If that is an unreasonable suggestion, you are Free (so to speak) to show me why it is unreasonable if you want.

As I said before, your supposed rejection of God is actually your rejection of the image you have created of Him. I don't blame you for rejecting that. If I'd created that monster, I'd reject it too.:) I know it is tempting to lay off all of your monstrous images of God on "Christians" who (you claim) taught you wrong, and maybe you were misled in some ways.
We've all been exposed to the false teachings of the (post) modern day. Still, in the end, it's your foundation and you must decide what it rests on.
"Desires" is not enough, if even if that was a proper analogy. Doesn't the Bible say "rescue those who are stumbling to slaughter" (Proverbs 24:11-12), even if they are unaware of it?

Okay, every analogy falls apart eventually. Commanding someone to repent and commanding someone to take a bath maybe have some analogical similarities, but we can't push it too far. So no, giving my kid a bath is not tyranny. Forcing repentance on humanity would be.

Yes, so it is a rejection of that image, sure. The question is, is that the image the Bible presents? I think so (though the Bible presents it positively), and you think not. That's the point where we differ.

In the Bible, God does not just allow people to go to Hell, he sends them there himself. And he is the one who created Hell, of course. So your possible perspective, then, does not work. Even if it was like what you argue, then still, it would be wrong to allow someone to light themselves on fire and sit back doing nothing, just because it was their choice.

Furthermore, God giving freedom to people to choose to go to Hell, is like giving a matchbox to a child and saying, "Well, the child chose to get out those matches. I'm not responsible."

Why would you add the phrase "(you claim)"? Do you doubt my word?

I know you didn’t mention those. I was correcting this: “We have always been taught hell is a place where non-believers in God go to for eternity, but according to scripture this is not what hell is. Hell is described as the world of the dead, a place where the departed go that have died as being lowered in a grave/pit.”

Hell is “a place where non-believers in God go to for eternity.” Hell is Gehenna, which is most likely the lake of fire. Hades is the grave, it is not hell. That is the point.
We will just have to disagree on this as at one time I did believe as you, but digging deeper into this a long time ago I can now see the differences. I think in this instance one has to go back to the Hebrew/Aramaic language for the definition of hell as it only means the grave.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If death and hell are cast into the lake of fire then hell can only be that of the grave which will no longer exist in the New Jerusalem. Death (second death) is those who are separated from God (goats) and hell being only the grave will be cast into the lake of fire and remembered no more.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Hell is Gehenna, which is most likely the lake of fire. Hades is the grave, it is not hell. That is the point.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hell

Hebrew # 7585 Sheol, Hades, or the world of the dead, grave, hell, pit

Hades and hell are the same thing.

Gehenna - Valley of Hinnom, Old Testament as Gai Ben-Hinnom, Tophet, in the Talmud as Gehinnam

The oldest historical reference to the valley is found in Joshua 15:8, 18:16 which describe tribal boundaries. The next chronological reference to the valley is at the time of King Ahaz of Judah who sacrificed his sons there according to 2 Chronicles 28:3. Isaiah does not mention Gehenna by name, but the burning place, Isaiah 30:33 in which the Assyrian army are to be destroyed, may be read Topheth, and the final verse of Isaiah which concerns the corpses of the same or a similar battle, Isaiah 66:24 , where their worm does not die. Also read Jeremiah 19:6-8 as a reference to the dead bodies that are thrown over the wall of Jerusalem into Gehenna/Tophet.​

You are correct but that was before Jesus’ resurrection. It’s my understanding that this has radically changed since then.
Please show us in scripture where anything that God has set forth has been radically changed.

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

God's word is never changing, but man's doctrines love to change the word of God.

Tricky... "Sheol" in the OT is where both believers and non-believers go.
You are correct by the definition of Sheol, Hades and hell all being the grave we are laid in when we physically die as no one has ever died and went straight up to heaven.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Jesus nor the angels have never returned for anyone after His ascending to sit at the right hand of the Father being our mediator before God, John 3:13. The resurrection of the dead has not happened yet as it is only our breath/spirit that made us a living soul that returns back to God who gave it when this physical body dies and returns to the dust of the ground from where it came from, Genesis 2:7; Ecc 12:7. No one is resurrected until the one and only return of Christ who calls His Bride to meet Him in the air and then forever we will be with Him in all of Gods glory, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Corinthians 15:51-55; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

Is there going to be immense pain for a temporary time after death?
Physical death is final with the kind of choices we made in our lives. We either physically died as being Christ own and will be resurrected to eternal life with Him as our names are found written in the Lamb's book of life. Or we physically die rejecting God and His Son Christ Jesus in which we will be resurrected to damnation.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Nothing is temporary after death and being laid in the Sheol/Hades/grave. There are no second chances after physical death, but only God's final judgement.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

We will just have to disagree on this as at one time I did believe as you, but digging deeper into this a long time ago I can now see the differences. I think in this instance one has to go back to the Hebrew/Aramaic language for the definition of hell as it only means the grave.

If death and hell are cast into the lake of fire then hell can only be that of the grave which will no longer exist in the New Jerusalem. Death (second death) is those who are separated from God (goats) and hell being only the grave will be cast into the lake of fire and remembered no more.

You are relying too much on the KJV, that is the problem I am trying to point out. You must look to the Greek. Jesus only speaks of the final destination of unbelievers using Gehenna, a place so bad that one would be better to cut off an arm or gouge out an eye than end up at. The final destination of unbelievers in Revelation is the lake of fire.

Hades is the "grave" or "abode of the dead." It is hades that is thrown into the lake of fire, after it has given up the dead in it.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (ESV)

Again, Jesus speaks of the final destination of unbelievers as being Gehenna and Revelation speaks of the final destination of unbelievers as the lake of fire. It is reasonable to conclude that Gehenna is the lake of fire, the place of eternal punishment, or, hell proper. This is the correct understanding. As I stated before, it is unfortunate that the KJV began the confusion by translating three different Greek words as "hell."

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hell

Hebrew # 7585 Sheol, Hades, or the world of the dead, grave, hell, pit

Hades and hell are the same thing.

Gehenna - Valley of Hinnom, Old Testament as Gai Ben-Hinnom, Tophet, in the Talmud as Gehinnam

The oldest historical reference to the valley is found in Joshua 15:8, 18:16 which describe tribal boundaries. The next chronological reference to the valley is at the time of King Ahaz of Judah who sacrificed his sons there according to 2 Chronicles 28:3. Isaiah does not mention Gehenna by name, but the burning place, Isaiah 30:33 in which the Assyrian army are to be destroyed, may be read Topheth, and the final verse of Isaiah which concerns the corpses of the same or a similar battle, Isaiah 66:24 , where their worm does not die. Also read Jeremiah 19:6-8 as a reference to the dead bodies that are thrown over the wall of Jerusalem into Gehenna/Tophet.​
You're quoting Strong's out of context.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/geenna.html

Used here (all ESV):

Mat 5:22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

(Notice it is a hell of fire.)

Mat 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Mat 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mat 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

(Again, it is a hell of fire.)

Mat 23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Mat 23:33 You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

Mar 9:43 And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.
Mar 9:45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell.
Mar 9:47 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell,
Mar 9:48 ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

(Not only is it a hell of fire, but an unquenchable fire.)

Luk 12:5 But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!

Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell.

(Another mention of fire in the context of hell.)

So, no, hell and hades are most certainly not the same thing. But the mention of fire in the context of hell sure sounds like it could be a lake of fire, which, hell being the final destination of unbelievers, makes a lot of sense.

"Desires" is not enough, if even if that was a proper analogy. Doesn't the Bible say "rescue those who are stumbling to slaughter" (Proverbs 24:11-12), even if they are unaware of it?
Good response (not that I'm a fan of Solomon). Who is that message for, those who are stumbling, or, those who witness the stumbling prior to the slaughter? If He utilizes us in the process, then who is being saved? Who is responsible for the saving?
Romans 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Okay, every analogy falls apart eventually. Commanding someone to repent and commanding someone to take a bath maybe have some analogical similarities, but we can't push it too far. So no, giving my kid a bath is not tyranny. Forcing repentance on humanity would be.
Who is forcing repentance? I believe that's your choice.
The same with Truth; Once you encounter it, whether or not you accept it is your choice. And if you choose not to accept the Truth, you will eventually find yourself in darkness and confusion just as the world existed on day one... and by the way, how did that day end?

In the Bible, God does not just allow people to go to Hell, he sends them there himself. And he is the one who created Hell, of course. So your possible perspective, then, does not work. Even if it was like what you argue, then still, it would be wrong to allow someone to light themselves on fire and sit back doing nothing, just because it was their choice.
I'm not intent on defining what hell is, not now at least. I don't think I'm in a position to. In a similar manner, I wouldn't attempt to define God. However, I think I can now grasp the concept and existence of Truth and the importance of keeping it and acting on it. It is also my belief that following such a path will lead to life, and not a life in eternal hell which I think remains undefinable.

Furthermore, God giving freedom to people to choose to go to Hell, is like giving a matchbox to a child and saying, "Well, the child chose to get out those matches. I'm not responsible."
Truth, like matches, is a sort of two-edged sword, isn't it. I've never met or heard of a parent who issued matches or guns to the immature without some sort of training period. I wouldn't deny anyone access to it, especially if it is essential for eternal life.

Why would you add the phrase "(you claim)"? Do you doubt my word?
If it is your contention that all your teachers, up to this point, have presented such a harsh representation of God, then I apologize and feel badly that you have been so misled, but I do retain my doubts that has been the case. To be honest, nearly all of my exposure to such a harsh representation of God has come from recruiters of Atheism.
I have read, even within this thread, observations from professing Christians, who are not in agreement with those who have offended you in the past. And even if you never encountered them before, your path is still ahead of you and you may yet encounter them.

Further, I am one who believes that this is not an already decided/determined path that we journey down. Where it ends and how it gets there is largely a matter of God's own will combined with our faith in His Word.

christian1724 Yes every Christian teacher in my life including all my parents and grandparents have taught such a harsh view of Hell. My view does not come from atheists. In fact I read very few books by atheists on atheism itself (I have read books on evolution and biblical criticism written by atheists but that's unrelated topics). That doesn't mean I've never met Christians who hold to a moderate view, but everyone who has ever taught me has held to this harsh view. But retain your doubts if you wish. Doubt is a good thing. I have nicknamed myself, tongue-in-cheek, "doubting Thomas" (as Thomas is my first name.)

You're quoting Strong's out of context.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/geenna.html

Used here (all ESV):

Mat 5:22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

(Notice it is a hell of fire.)

Mat 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Mat 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mat 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

(Again, it is a hell of fire.)

Mat 23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Mat 23:33 You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

Mar 9:43 And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.
Mar 9:45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell.
Mar 9:47 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell,
Mar 9:48 ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

(Not only is it a hell of fire, but an unquenchable fire.)

Luk 12:5 But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!

Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell.

(Another mention of fire in the context of hell.)

So, no, hell and hades are most certainly not the same thing. But the mention of fire in the context of hell sure sounds like it could be a lake of fire, which, hell being the final destination of unbelievers, makes a lot of sense.
Great post Free.

You are relying too much on the KJV, that is the problem I am trying to point out. You must look to the Greek. Jesus only speaks of the final destination of unbelievers using Gehenna, a place so bad that one would be better to cut off an arm or gouge out an eye than end up at. The final destination of unbelievers in Revelation is the lake of fire.

Hades is the "grave" or "abode of the dead." It is hades that is thrown into the lake of fire, after it has given up the dead in it.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (ESV)

Again, Jesus speaks of the final destination of unbelievers as being Gehenna and Revelation speaks of the final destination of unbelievers as the lake of fire. It is reasonable to conclude that Gehenna is the lake of fire, the place of eternal punishment, or, hell proper. This is the correct understanding. As I stated before, it is unfortunate that the KJV began the confusion by translating three different Greek words as "hell."
Great post Free.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back